MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Businesses Closings

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: Businesses Closings  (Read 67352 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Businesses Closings
« Reply #705 on: December 28, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »

Anyone know the story on J&L Upholstery?

Tried to go their today - but it is a heating a cooling place now.

Called the number and it is disconnected.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #706 on: December 28, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »

I heard Mav is going to buy the entire place and run all the merchants out so it can be converted to a grow and distribution operation.   ;D  My idol!

Thanks for that update TMT - hope all is fine and you and yours are having a Happy Holiday season!
I made an offer on the place contingent on them putting in a retractable roof. Haven't heard back from them ????

Hopefully that works out to be a better location for them......as busy as M50 is near my place I'm not certain a lot of that traffic stopped there to take something home with them.  Out there may be a better location.....and NOW Mrs. Fuzz can swing by there on the way home from work.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #707 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:29 PM »

LOL
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #708 on: December 29, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »

Anyone know the story on J&L Upholstery?

Tried to go their today - but it is a heating a cooling place now.

Called the number and it is disconnected.

Like most "family" businesses - when the kids take over they think things will run themselves? 

Is there any upholstery places left around?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #709 on: December 29, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »

Theres one right next door. Years ago the brothers decided they hateed each other so one of them built an upholstery shop right next door.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »

LOL, that's funny and didn't know that.  I used one of them a few years back, good work and interesting shop.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:03 PM »

I think it was the one brother's kids that opened the new one when the other brother brought in his kids who now run the original one.   Probably a good move on the latter's part since that one is the one still in business.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #712 on: December 29, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

Theres one right next door. Years ago the brothers decided they hateed each other so one of them built an upholstery shop right next door.

I knew that story....  just wondered what happened to Hoffmans #2.

Now Bush Htg & Cooling.

Did the family reconcile?  Retirement?  Just curious.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #713 on: January 01, 2017, 11:29:06 PM »

I see a new restaurant in the old Chili place  at the strip mall Telegraph & Front
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #714 on: January 06, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »

Looks like they moved:

If you haven't heard, we moved into The Other Place bar and grill located at 1090 North Dixie across the street from heck park. We are serving our full menu saturday and sunday and going full time starting tuesday.
Smokehouse lives!

https://www.facebook.com/js.smokehouse/

Prof H. should fire up the Lincoln and we can hit this place when we go trampoline shopping.

I've seen several facebook posts from J saying he's working as a bartender at the OP.  I'm not entirely sure how (or if) he's serving BBQ while he's bartending...

But I wish him well.

Running ANY type of small business these days is tough. 

I'm surprised his restaurant stayed open as long as it did.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #715 on: January 10, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »

2 recent ones in Petersburg.  The hardware store closed up (the owner secured a position with Summerfield schools as athletic director and closed the business...and

Coach and Carriage Auto parts closed up (longtime business).  I suspect with the discount auto parts stores nearby (Auto Zine and O'Reily in Dumbdee, it was too difficult to stay afloat.

Too bad.  I hate seeing local business go tits up.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #716 on: January 11, 2017, 08:05:57 AM »

Milan Bakery and Diner just went out of business. 

They started as a very successful little bakery in downtown Milan, then they remodeled that whole block of the city, and they moved out to another location on Dexter Road, by the freeway.  MUCH bigger building, with a complete restaurant attached.  Selling bread and donuts is totally different from running a full restaurant.

It was just too much for them to handle.  I know the owner of the building... I plow their snow.  I ate there frequently, trying to give them some business.

It's really a shame that all these little businesses are struggling so much. 

If anyone says our economy is flourishing, they are either a fool, or a liar.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #717 on: January 11, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »

You and I both know that when in business, you only 'grow' as much as you can afford with ling term projections.  SB owners get a 'pie in the sky' vision, borrow funding and then go tits up because the financial projection isn't reality.

Pie in the sky only works in politics and entites that can tax.  Not for profit business.

Too bad but probably predictable....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #718 on: January 11, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »

If anyone says our economy is flourishing, they are either a fool, or a liar.

They could just be a Dummycrat.

Baby Hitler says things are swell.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #719 on: January 11, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »

Will take Fermi III and Ford to revisit the vast land for future business propsects to get our region on all cylinders for a while.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 56   Go Up