MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Businesses Closings

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]   Go Down

Author Topic: Businesses Closings  (Read 100728 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Businesses Closings
« Reply #1005 on: June 28, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »

Not sure where I posted it but I'm sure I did...

A food truck up in Midland had been a regular downtown for a few years and then they decided to go to a full bricks and mortar 'sit down' business plan and they chose downtown Midland to sit up in. 

I'm afraid the Monroe 'mindset' is just unbreakable :( :( :(
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1006 on: June 28, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »

The difference is that it was going to be located on a bricks and mortar property that pays a substantial amount of property taxes too. They weren't proposing being on the sidewalk or in the road right of way.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1007 on: June 28, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

Currently they are at Cheers on Saturdays and at Clamdiggers on most fridays.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1008 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »

No other place to put this

Whiskey Jack's barbecue trailer wanted to park out in front of Budshydro on Telegraph on Thursdays and Fridays and the Monroe Charter Township board voted NO !!
They said 2 days a week for 4 hours at a time was too permanent to be considered without a site plan and a rezoning.

Why didn't they just say" We don't want you in our community " " because its such a fantastic community now that a food trailer would be a disgrace "

Doesn't look like they'd be much competition for any of the 'locals'.

BBQ is something that I seldom get in a bricks and mortar restaurant unless it's their specialty. 

Just not something you can do justice to unless you have the equipment and the time AND the skill. 

http://www.whiskeyjacksbbq.com/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1009 on: June 28, 2018, 09:08:20 AM »

The difference is that it was going to be located on a bricks and mortar property that pays a substantial amount of property taxes too. They weren't proposing being on the sidewalk or in the road right of way.

That's a plus. 

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1010 on: December 05, 2018, 07:20:17 AM »

Hopefully they will rebuild, but if I had to bet, I'd go with adding Nortel Lanes to the list this morning.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1011 on: December 05, 2018, 05:41:46 PM »

Hopefully they will rebuild, but if I had to bet, I'd go with adding Nortel Lanes to the list this morning.

Like I posted on the other thread, is a bowling alley a viable business today?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1012 on: December 06, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »

Dick Sieb's comments to the paper, and the post Nortel Lanes made on Facebook sure doesn't sound like they plan to be back.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1013 on: December 06, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »

I'm guessing the Seniors Doubles Tournament is cancelled?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1014 on: December 06, 2018, 11:10:25 PM »

Dick Sieb's comments to the paper, and the post Nortel Lanes made on Facebook sure doesn't sound like they plan to be back.

I was with him today -  he said it would take a year at least - and they are reviewing the cost to rebuild before they make the decision -  its a corporation he's not the sole proprietor.   

It was funny that someone called him to see when they could get in to get their ball out of their locker  :) 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1015 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »

It was funny that someone called him to see when they could get in to get their ball out of their locker  :)

UFB.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1016 on: December 08, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »

I'm guessing the Seniors Doubles Tournament is cancelled?

Paint some 'lanes' on Telegraph road and let them 'bowl' on there.  Problem is, the pot holes will alter the path of the ball....

I find bowling to be on par with golf.  2 lame past times. ;D

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1017 on: December 08, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »

Paint some 'lanes' on Telegraph road and let them 'bowl' on there.  Problem is, the pot holes will alter the path of the ball....

I find bowling to be on par with golf.  2 lame past times. ;D
You'd be surprised... its one of the few things left that allowed groups of people to be entertained and socialize...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1018 on: December 08, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »

Nortel was always busy when I was there, not that it was that often.   And busy doesn't translate to profitable.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1019 on: December 08, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »

You'd be surprised... its one of the few things left that allowed groups of people to be entertained and socialize...

Not at all.  I used to bowl, way back when.  Church, bowling and the YMCA.  My personal experience with bowling always involved booze however and in as much as I'm a non-drinking alcoholic, the booze part don't trip my trigger any more.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]   Go Up