MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?  (Read 4394 times)

christfollower

• Hero Talker
  • Luke 9:23
    • Be Comforted Ministries
What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:25:11 PM »

There are those who like to say that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality.  Various verses are cited (out of context) and the verses that people use to show that homosexuality is wrong are explained away.  The world wants to change God's words and meanings into something more suitable to its sinful desires.  Nevertheless, the truth stands:  The Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.   It goes against the created order of God.  He created Adam and then made a woman.  This is what God has ordained and it is what is right.  Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a severe judgment administered by God Himself. This judgment is simple: They are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:18). As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
Re: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »

Then you must believe that it is a choice and I disagree with you!  Put yourself in a young person's shoes that was not attracted to the opposite sex.  Should this person abstain from what is natural to them for the remainder of their lives or do you believe they can be cured?  Was this person not also made in God's image? 
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love, you make"

MonroeMom

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:55:15 PM »

Not to even mention what that person endures when he or she finally does embrace their sexuality! Being gay is not an easy life!!

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »

Not to even mention what that person endures when he or she finally does embrace their sexuality! Being gay is not an easy life!!

Good point!

christfollower

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 10:59:27 PM »

Then you must believe that it is a choice and I disagree with you!  Put yourself in a young person's shoes that was not attracted to the opposite sex.  Should this person abstain from what is natural to them for the remainder of their lives or do you believe they can be cured?  Was this person not also made in God's image? 

This person was made in God's image however the devil has distorted the love that God placed in mans heart into lust. Yes I do believe that a person can be delivered from a spirit of homosexuality. I have seen it with my own eyes I know several people who onced engaged in homosexuality and have allowed God to change their lives. Everything that we do in life that requires a physical act is a choice. I chose to use drugs and became addicted. Some would like to say it was a disease and beyond my control. However when I decided to allow God to help me change I am able to control the desires to use drugs. The desires of our flesh will never leave us, it is how we handle those desires. Do I give in to them or do I allow God to give me strength to cast them from my heart. If it becomes my desire to please God rather than myself I can and will be delivered from any and all temptations that I may have.
IN GOD WE TRUST

christfollower

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 11:06:25 PM »

Do you know why so many gay people have such a hard time? Not only because society as a whole does not accept homosexuals, but because God himself has instilled  in every human being a knowledge of himself and what he desires. We know right from wrong. When homosexuals still feel that what they are doing is wrong and the guilt and shame hit them is when God can help them the most. It is when ther heart becomes hardened and they do not care anymore when it becomes impossible for God to help them because they will not listen to His voice. God can change anyone and loves and wants to change lives. His mercy is new every morning, he is not willing that anyone should die but all come to repentance.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:10:35 PM »

This person was made in God's image however the devil has distorted the love that God placed in mans heart into lust. Yes I do believe that a person can be delivered from a spirit of homosexuality. I have seen it with my own eyes I know several people who onced engaged in homosexuality and have allowed God to change their lives. Everything that we do in life that requires a physical act is a choice. I chose to use drugs and became addicted. Some would like to say it was a disease and beyond my control. However when I decided to allow God to help me change I am able to control the desires to use drugs. The desires of our flesh will never leave us, it is how we handle those desires. Do I give in to them or do I allow God to give me strength to cast them from my heart. If it becomes my desire to please God rather than myself I can and will be delivered from any and all temptations that I may have.

I don't believe you can compare drug use and sexual orientation.  Secondly, just because one may engage in homosexual acts does not necessarily be attracted to the opposite sex only.  I know homosexuals that are believers in Christ but will not and should not try to change what they are.

They have a rough enough road to deal with than to have some holy roller try to cure them.  Perhaps you would have them move to Iran where they according to their leader, none exist (i.e. they are killed).  I am sure there is a verse in the bible that would give you justification to do so.

God is Love!  Please think for yourself and think of what is right.  We don't need quotes from the Bible, we need understanding!

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »

Do you know why so many gay people have such a hard time? Not only because society as a whole does not accept homosexuals, but because God himself has instilled  in every human being a knowledge of himself and what he desires. We know right from wrong. When homosexuals still feel that what they are doing is wrong and the guilt and shame hit them is when God can help them the most. It is when ther heart becomes hardened and they do not care anymore when it becomes impossible for God to help them because they will not listen to His voice. God can change anyone and loves and wants to change lives. His mercy is new every morning, he is not willing that anyone should die but all come to repentance.

Now you presume to knows Gods Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simpleguy02

• Super Talker
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:19 PM »

YES! so true. not to mention people also thought the world was flat and that blacks were not equal to whites. I love how divesre our world many types of poeple etc. imagine how boring this world be if everyone was same... Give me one good reason why homosexuality is bad... but dont hide behind your bible. an actual 21 century reason. I happy to ammit that im Gay... Im much happier now than i was when i denied it... lucky i have great peopel in my life that accept me for who i am and NOT conforming to what society dictats to me!

simpleguy02

• Super Talker
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 11:15:33 PM »

I don't believe you can compare drug use and sexual orientation.  Secondly, just because one may engage in homosexual acts does not necessarily be attracted to the opposite sex only.  I know homosexuals that are believers in Christ but will not and should not try to change what they are.

They have a rough enough road to deal with than to have some holy roller try to cure them.  Perhaps you would have them move to Iran where they according to their leader, none exist (i.e. they are killed).  I am sure there is a verse in the bible that would give you justification to do so.

God is Love!  Please think for yourself and think of what is right.  We don't need quotes from the Bible, we need understanding!
I agree...

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:39 PM »

YES! so true. not to mention people also thought the world was flat and that blacks were not equal to whites. I love how divesre our world many types of poeple etc. imagine how boring this world be if everyone was same... Give me one good reason why homosexuality is bad... but dont hide behind your bible. an actual 21 century reason. I happy to ammit that im Gay... Im much happier now than i was when i denied it... lucky i have great peopel in my life that accept me for who i am and NOT conforming to what society dictats to me!

Thank you!

jenetty

• Hero Talker
  • Interested in joining a spiritual study group?
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »

Homosexuality is simply a preference.  There is no reason to call it a sin.  God is far too loving to judge such people badly.  Loving another person is always proper.  What difference can it make if the bodies are the same type?  Love is happy simply by loving, it is not concerned with externals.

It's so ridiculous to think that GOD could actually be as humanistic and petty as to deny someone love and companionship based on sexuality.  

The Bible is man-made!!! 
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

simpleguy02

• Super Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »

The Bible is man-made!!! 

and man is not perfect. not to mention it was written thousands of years ago. and handed down through generations. until the 1800's when the printed press what invented. believe it or not... context and meaning can change. Just like Gay used to mean Happy. now it is used to decribe someone's sexual preference.

PrincessAmy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 04:30:23 AM »

How do you know God wrote the bible? I thoguht it was a bunch of old guys....

And even if said old guys were told by God what to right, through thousands of years of translation, how do you know it's still the same?

Thus why I choose not to believe in a book that is more like a fairy tale than anything.

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 06:30:10 AM »

....I KNOW God's WILL....He clearly states it in His Bible...do YOU Presume to PROVE the Bible incorrect or NOT the Word of God?

Hey did God write the bible?  You sound like you could be a good terrorist.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up