MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?  (Read 4387 times)

jenetty

• Hero Talker
  • Interested in joining a spiritual study group?
    • My Personal Website
Re: What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 09:07:55 AM »

....I KNOW God's WILL....He clearly states it in His Bible...do YOU Presume to PROVE the Bible incorrect or NOT the Word of God?
No.  You know what it says in the Bible.  That is not God's will.  That is MAN's will.  Do you KNOW God?  I do.  And I guarantee you He never comes off as being judgemental or petty in any way.  HE is always loving, accepting, and everything good.
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

christfollower

• Hero Talker
  • Luke 9:23
    • Be Comforted Ministries
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »

No.  You know what it says in the Bible.  That is not God's will.  That is MAN's will.  Do you KNOW God?  I do.  And I guarantee you He never comes off as being judgemental or petty in any way.  HE is always loving, accepting, and everything good.

This is only according to your Gnostic teachings which were in fact addressed in the biblie as stated in another thread "Gnosticism" Your teachings are false please do not be decieved into trully believing those lies. God is Love, yes but at the same time He is a Jelous God, and a Holy God who despises idol worship. The god you serve is the god of this World not the God of the bible who is the one and only true God. Please do not confuse your god with the Alpha and Omega, the great I AM.
IN GOD WE TRUST

jenetty

• Hero Talker
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »

This is only according to your Gnostic teachings which were in fact addressed in the biblie as stated in another thread "Gnosticism" Your teachings are false please do not be decieved into trully believing those lies. God is Love, yes but at the same time He is a Jelous God, and a Holy God who despises idol worship. The god you serve is the god of this World not the God of the bible who is the one and only true God. Please do not confuse your god with the Alpha and Omega, the great I AM.

God is NOT a jealous God.  Man gives God humanistic traits and then says, "Yep, God doesn't like you because you're...."  That is totally false.  God cannot possibly be all loving and then turn around and have ill feelings towards us.  Love and Hate cannot coinside.  You either love or you hate.  If God is all loving, there cannot be room for anything else. 

And yes, I DO know God.  He speaks to me daily.  My teachings are most certainly true.  The "I AM" is all of us connected to God.  God gave us logic.  Try using it. 

In the Commandments it says, "You shall have no other Gods before Me."  That commandment means to not worship the wrong god.  Yet the god of the Old Testament is a fearsome god.  Why are you worshipping a god of fear, of vengeance? 

What Satanistic type of god would put people on an earth only to suffer, to go through the pangs of hellfire, damnation, lose people we love, children are hurt, people are homeless, etc??  If you are not nice, your child or spouse will be taken away from you?  Is all of this suffering at the whim of a petty, jealous god?

That just doesn't make any logical sense to me.  I'm sorry. 

You speak of idoltry but then you turn Jesus into an idol.  When the church erected Christ as God, they created an idolatrous situation.  RELIGION has given you nothing but idolatry.  And the idolatry has been to worship the wrong God.  The minute you give God one human trait, such as avarice, greed or pettiness, you have created a false god.  God is nothing but pure, unadulterated, unsullied, constant and eternal love. 

The simple truth is, You love God and God loves you.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Jesus said if we were like children we would understand, because it's so child like in its truth.
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

zard0z

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »

Homosexuality is simply a preference.   

So you believe that it is indeed a choice...?

What difference can it make if the bodies are the same type?

Because it's icky and that's not how nature works, two males or two females can not reproduce on their own...(and keep science out of this, no talk of test tubes, if anyone ever wanted to go on about doctors playing god there you go people...)

The Bible is man-made!!!

Oh, how true that is...!  Organized religions will be the doom of this planet...!

jenetty

• Hero Talker
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 11:10:23 AM »

So you believe that it is indeed a choice...?

Yes and no.  I believe that it is indeed a preference but it has to do with a sort of "imbalance" in the brain.  There was a show about it that gave a medical explanation for it.  It's sort of like having depression.  Your brain is literally wired to prefer the same sex or opposite sex or no sex at all.

Because it's icky and that's not how nature works, two males or two females can not reproduce on their own...(and keep science out of this, no talk of test tubes, if anyone ever wanted to go on about doctors playing god there you go people...)

It may be icky for you.  And obviously it was icky for the people who wrote the Bible.  That's why it's in there.  But the truth is love is love.  I don't think it should matter who you chose to love.  I don't think sexual preference is only about reproduction.  It's about bringing happiness into your life.

Oh, how true that is...!  Organized religions will be the doom of this planet...!

I totally agree with you there.  Well, except I really think the truth is going to come out about how the church has been manipulating people all these centuries and people are going to bring about God in the right way.

zard0z

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »

I really think the truth is going to come out about how the church has been manipulating people all these centuries and people are going to bring about God in the right way.

The real sad thing is "that" truth has always been there, but no one is listening...Church blinders!

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »

I know quite a few gay folks, and I'm pretty sure they didn't wake up one morning and said "well, I guess I'll be a sodomite today."

Being gay is no more a choice than being heterosexual being a choice.

Do you choose to love ze womens?
your mom goes to college.

www.BarackObama.com

• Hero Talker
  • It's A New Day
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »

I am not sure how this works... If God hates gays, why did he feel it was ok to have sex with your own family for hundreds of years? Doesn't that have worse moral implications than homosexuality?

Why would God create homosexuals if he didn't want them to fall in love and have sexual relationships with other homosexuals, doesn't that seem to go hand in hand?

From what I understand of the bible, the devil can't create life, and if people can be born homosexual or hermophadites for that matter, how can you use biblical stories to judge the things of this time?

Just as the OT is considered the Old Law, the NT was a new law, and a law of love. In fact it has been seriously considered that the Apostle Paul was a homosexual.
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGcPVRBts-o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGcPVRBts-o</a>

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 11:43:41 AM »

I am not sure how this works... If God hates gays, why did he feel it was ok to have sex with your own family for hundreds of years? Doesn't that have worse moral implications than homosexuality?

Why would God create homosexuals if he didn't want them to fall in love and have sexual relationships with other homosexuals, doesn't that seem to go hand in hand?

From what I understand of the bible, the devil can't create life, and if people can be born homosexual or hermophadites for that matter, how can you use biblical stories to judge the things of this time?

Just as the OT is considered the Old Law, the NT was a new law, and a law of love. In fact it has been seriously considered that the Apostle Paul was a homosexual.

Well stated!
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love, you make"

jenetty

• Hero Talker
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »

The real sad thing is "that" truth has always been there, but no one is listening...Church blinders!
Very true!

christfollower

• Hero Talker
  • Luke 9:23
    • Be Comforted Ministries
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

First, God did not create homosexuals nor did he create drug addicts, child molesters, rapist, or murderers. God created man and women. When he created man and women he created them with free will. The right to make chioces. In the beginning God gave Adam and Eve dominion over everything that walks the earth. This included him/herself as well. We have control of our own desires. However it was God's intentions for Adam and Eve to be obedient to Him, by chioce not like some type of robot. Adam and Eve decided to be disobedient and therefore had to accept the consequences for their disobedience. Adam and Eve gave their dominion that God had given them to the devel who the Bible refers to as "the god of this world" the devil now controls the things of the world, because people have decided to surrender their dominion to him. It is only through the shed blood of Christ that one can take their dominion back. Homosexuality is a chioce not a creation from God
IN GOD WE TRUST

Johnson35

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 12:16:54 PM »

First, God did not create homosexuals nor did he create drug addicts, child molesters, rapist, or murderers. God created man and women. When he created man and women he created them with free will. The right to make chioces. In the beginning God gave Adam and Eve dominion over everything that walks the earth. This included him/herself as well. We have control of our own desires. However it was God's intentions for Adam and Eve to be obedient to Him, by chioce not like some type of robot. Adam and Eve decided to be disobedient and therefore had to accept the consequences for their disobedience. Adam and Eve gave their dominion that God had given them to the devel who the Bible refers to as "the god of this world" the devil now controls the things of the world, because people have decided to surrender their dominion to him. It is only through the shed blood of Christ that one can take their dominion back. Homosexuality is a chioce not a creation from God

You still assume that your own sexuality is a choice and I argue it is not. 

Molesters, rapists, murders, drug addicts, etc occur due to free will in my opinion.  I believe you are comparing apples to oranges.
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love, you make"

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »

I don't think it really matters if homosexuality is a choice or not. It is none of your concern what consenting adults do together. If your religion says it's wrong, then who cares? If that is the case then I say your religion is wrong.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

www.BarackObama.com

• Hero Talker
  • It's A New Day
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

So mental illness is a choice too? Some criminals have a mental illness that GOD GAVE THEM.

How do they use free will to become better?

Does God create broken people? Or just perfect man and woman until we f it up?

I say your argument is BS and no matter what your sexual orientation, our higher power loves you and expects responsibility in the way you condone yourself, but also wants you to have happiness and fullness of life.
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGcPVRBts-o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNGcPVRBts-o</a>

Mike Ingels

• Hero Talker
    • Expatriate Monroe
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »

I am Catholic, born and raised.  I read the Bible and go to church.

And, I have also gone to school with, attended church with, volunteered with and generally been very good friends with five or ten gay men.  My wife has had the same experience in Wisconsin and in this state, too.

The gay community is certainly diverse, but my gay friends tend to be traditional people who want to find a significant other and either get married - in the churches and states that allow it - or at least have a long term productive life together.

These are good people who work hard, are moral and are devoted friends.  Most of my gay friends are in committed loving relationships.

So, I could sit here and not say anything because that's the politically correct thing to do in the State of Michigan right now.

But that would be wrong.

Someone has to get the word out that it is possible to be a) gay and b) a moral, honest, and even a good Christian.

So, I am not going to dispute what the Bible says.  I am not a Biblical literalist.  That is a cross that other people have to bear.

But I am going to say that the gay people I know probably follow more of it than most people I know.  And, personally, I think that they get a raw deal in current society.
The world is basically good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up