MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now III

Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now III  (Read 520008 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now III
« Reply #13365 on: May 27, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »

I will always be a fan of Stevie Y, but I have to cheer more for one of the older teams not in a humid climate where hurricanes strike at times.

I would kind of like Stevie Y to come home and take the top job with the Wings.

I think Holland knew how to win when there wasn't the salary cap - and he could buy up the players.

I'm not so impressed with his record lately.

I guess making the playoffs every year is nice - but getting past the first or second round - that would be better.

Then again - I remember back when I wanted Lloyd Carr to retire - and look what that got me.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #13366 on: May 27, 2015, 07:58:27 PM »

LOL.....me too, because I thought he backed off the offense on games in hand.  What an idiot I was.

I imagine Stevie is a much better at recognizing younger talent than Dave. Would be a legacy if he comes back.  I would hope a more successful Joe Dumars.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13367 on: May 27, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »

LOL.....me too, because I thought he backed off the offense on games in hand.  What an idiot I was.

I imagine Stevie is a much better at recognizing younger talent than Dave. Would be a legacy if he comes back.  I would hope a more successful Joe Dumars.

Joe won some championships.

I do think Lloyd played it too conservatively.

Look at his last game VS Florida.

He lit Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow up like a pin ball machine. 

They could have done that all the time.....  that is what frustrated me about Lloyd.

Then there was Rich Rod - and I missed mediocrity.

Oh well - we have the Harbaugh.  He is fun to have around, and we haven't even played a game.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13368 on: May 27, 2015, 09:48:01 PM »

Duck, first let me say, I wasn't intending to argue or go after you in anyway when I made that comment. What has happened between you and MN is between you... but I was pointing out that there were other people here who are also doing the things you had mentioned. That was the point I was making - it seemed like you totally ignored it and that's why I said what I did. It has seemed that you ignore a lot of what Fry has said and continue to go after others for doing the same...

Also, YOU don't have to apologize for anyone's actions but your own. YOU didn't do anything. But thank you.  :)

wench
A voluptuous female pirate type woman, usally with a firey attitude, and usually seen around taverns and bars, seaside fishing towns, and wherever pirates roam.

Ok, I'll take it!  ;)

Fry, seriously. I NEVER wanted to argue with you or anyone. YOU obviously felt guilty when reading my initial post and went after me. Not once did I mention you.... I mentioned this forum as a whole. YOU jumped all over me to begin with and then you try to use your "I respond in-kind" excuse. It doesn't work that way - sorry.

Why you decided to jump all over me, Idk.... but please, just back off.

I did not see it, but I don't actually comment that MN posted trying to piss me off after every post he makes addressed to me.  I don't say that Livewire can never come close to civilized when he posts.  I say it sometimes for both.  I also don't like that excelsior follows me playing games of logical fallacies while ignoring anyone on the right that does them more.  I ignore that I made a post about my family and one of the right wing creeps chose to use it to make personal insults about me. That was a big part of what made me want to give this garbage hole up before.  You can't say anything without one of the creeps using it to make personal insults. 
I am sorry you got bad treatment.

I am getting to hate this place again, I feel like Livewire is ready to go postal at me.  Why does it always have to be so frikken mean all the time.  Why do can't people TRY to be civil?  I don't even frikking know who the hell nails or excelsior are except they choose to go off topic with jabs or insults at me on completely like the partisan creeps they are.

I debated a lot about making that post about my family and I paid for it by the right wing creeps.  Why would anyone want to post in this toilet with MN wanting to piss people off to silence them, to have Livewire treat anyone not a loony tea bagger as evil and ready to shoot them dead? 

Yeah, ff was pretty bad toward you.  Try getting it with anything you say from many of them.  Look how livewire and MN made fun of me over and over back and forth making up whatever they wanted to piss me off.  Making up LIES of things I say that I never have.  But, it was all fun for them.  They love that kind of humor based on hating people.

So, yeah, I joined you thanks to them, I am pissed at this place.  MN should be happy, he likes that.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13369 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »

Oh, and Nails…  just for you…  I also have an 11 year old nonverbal autistic grandson I take care of 3 ½ days a week.  You should have a field day making personal insults about me over that. 

Whoever you are…  that’s the sick thing.  I don’t even know who the creep is, but he thinks it is okay to make personal insults to me.  I assume it is just one of the usual group with another name or a new one, whatever. 

Why is it that you morons have to make it personal instead of talking on topic.

Yeah, yeah, he did it to me so I gotta do it back blah blah blah.  So it never stops..

But, dammit, why do you take a post about my family to make a personal insult. That is just creepy.

LetsGoWings

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13370 on: May 27, 2015, 10:20:37 PM »

I did not see it, but I don't actually comment that MN posted trying to piss me off after every post he makes addressed to me.  I don't say that Livewire can never come close to civilized when he posts.  I say it sometimes for both.  I also don't like that excelsior follows me playing games of logical fallacies while ignoring anyone on the right that does them more.  I ignore that I made a post about my family and one of the right wing creeps chose to use it to make personal insults about me. That was a big part of what made me want to give this garbage hole up before.  You can't say anything without one of the creeps using it to make personal insults. 
I am sorry you got bad treatment.

I am getting to hate this place again, I feel like Livewire is ready to go postal at me.  Why does it always have to be so frikken mean all the time.  Why do can't people TRY to be civil?  I don't even frikking know who the hell nails or excelsior are except they choose to go off topic with jabs or insults at me on completely like the partisan creeps they are.

I debated a lot about making that post about my family and I paid for it by the right wing creeps.  Why would anyone want to post in this toilet with MN wanting to piss people off to silence them, to have Livewire treat anyone not a loony tea bagger as evil and ready to shoot them dead? 

Yeah, ff was pretty bad toward you.  Try getting it with anything you say from many of them.  Look how livewire and MN made fun of me over and over back and forth making up whatever they wanted to piss me off.  Making up LIES of things I say that I never have.  But, it was all fun for them.  They love that kind of humor based on hating people.

So, yeah, I joined you thanks to them, I am pissed at this place.  MN should be happy, he likes that.
Duck,

I apologize in advance if I come off like I am telling you what to do, that is not my intention. I suggest taking a break, or stop posting, like I did. It really helps out, and lets you enjoy things more. There were times I would get really upset with people like FF, Fluffy, you, and a few others for absolutely no reason, and then it would turn in to an attack war (obviously I instigated it quite a few times, and I am sorry to those individuals).

Anyway, I stopped posting when it stopped being fun and would upset me even after I would log off because this is just a dumb site and shouldn't have that control over my life. Another reason was because of how serious and nasty things get on here, I had an individual PM me FF's name, and that was the final straw. I let FF know about this and have since forgot his name, but at that moment this site got way too real.

Hope everything in your life is going great and you start enjoying this site more.
Great advice from another poster on this forum, we should all live by this:

"I'd advise against anyone contemplating sullying the reputation of any of the candidates without solid proof. "

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13371 on: May 27, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »

Duck,

I apologize in advance if I come off like I am telling you what to do, that is not my intention. I suggest taking a break, or stop posting, like I did. It really helps out, and lets you enjoy things more. There were times I would get really upset with people like FF, Fluffy, you, and a few others for absolutely no reason, and then it would turn in to an attack war (obviously I instigated it quite a few times, and I am sorry to those individuals).

Anyway, I stopped posting when it stopped being fun and would upset me even after I would log off because this is just a dumb site and shouldn't have that control over my life. Another reason was because of how serious and nasty things get on here, I had an individual PM me FF's name, and that was the final straw. I let FF know about this and have since forgot his name, but at that moment this site got way too real.

Hope everything in your life is going great and you start enjoying this site more.

I probably will let the creeps MN and live LIAR win again and leave for awhile.  You weren't here but I was off a lot over the past year.  Just too damn much hate here.

Life wise I had a heart attack last year.  Kind of puts a change on the world outlook.  My daughter graduated and is a special education teacher in Toledo.  She had a son that will be one next week.  My little guy is not so little and 11.  Sadly for me, he still thinks he is baby size and wants me to hold him like he is.  But, he is happy and when he smiles his eyes smile and that makes the world a great place.

Honestly I know we argued but I remember you favorably so it was never personal. 

I hope the world is treating you good.  I suggest, politely, that you don't put anything personal on here though, they will just use it to personal attack.

And it was nice hearing from you, and your advice.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13372 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »

Are you thinking of going with the multiple small units close to the point of use, or one big central unit?

Gas or Electric?

I chickened out on making the switch.

I just wasn't comfortable that it would be capable of delivering enough GPM of hot water to keep the wife happy when multiple applications demanded at once.
Good questions and I don't really know - that's what I was hoping someone had experience with and could point me in a direction...   I prefer just one unit as most of my lines  (washer bath kitchen) aren't that far apart - Kitchen and upstairs takes a short time to get the hot water flowing now.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13373 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »

It's been a strange morning in MonroeTown for the fire department...

Started off with a major house fire out on Shady Lane along the lake...

MonroeTown and La Salle responded to that...

Then while they're engaged with that fire a garbage truck brought the fire right to the MonroeTown station...   except there was on one there to put out the fire!!!   Neighbors ultimately reported hearing a couple of small explosions (I'm guessing it may have been a set of tires burning and popping.  The city FD had to respond to the MonroeTown garbage truck...   one city truck got caught by a train and the other truck had to ask for better directions (cross streets) for the MonroeTown fire station...

Probably a good idea if you plan on running mutual aid to know where the other local fire stations are located :( :( :(

that was probably from most new hires not being from the area - and you don't have to memorize the county maps just the city ones for the job... 

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13374 on: May 27, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »

Come on people.  CatLady did some nice work and got this place at least a little better.  Let's not dump it now.

I agree - lets keep the bickering to one area- -    the Politics section...   don't let it spill over!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #13375 on: May 27, 2015, 10:58:23 PM »

Maybe someone should start a bickering thread to contain it all and they can have at it all they want there.   ;D
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13376 on: May 27, 2015, 10:58:58 PM »

I'll root for the Yzerman team while they remain alive...

Anyone think Harbaugh will not score on opponents if he has the chance?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13377 on: May 28, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

I really would like to see you post something other than your partisan garbage.  Maybe add a post actually saying something once, instead of the following people that are not your republcians trying to piss them off?  Maybe?

I treat everyone on here as individuals.  I think it is foolish when MT posters like you, attempt to assign others to a single point on the political spectrum, Democrat or Republican.   

You have erroneously assigned me to a group and then attack me based your prejudices against that group (Republicans).   Your groupthink results in faulty reasoning, bigotry and prejudice against my actual thoughts and views.   

You want to debate my views?  Great, I welcome it, but my experience is that you attack positions that you think I hold instead of the ones that I have expressed.    I guess knocking down that strawman that you have built is just easier and saves time.

Here is an article that I think applies here:

Self-Deception II: Splitting

Splitting is a very common ego defense mechanism. It can be defined as the division or polarization of beliefs, actions, objects, or persons into good and bad by focusing selectively on their positive or negative attributes.

This is often seen in politics, for example, when members of the Democrat Party portray members of the Republican Party as narrow-minded and self-interested, and conversely when members of the Republican Party caricature members of the Democrat Party as self-righteous hypocrites.

Other examples of splitting are the deeply religious person who thinks of others as being either blessed or damned, the child of divorced parents who idealizes and idolizes one parent and shuns the other, and the hospital in-patient who sees the physicians as helpful and dedicated and the nurses as lazy and incompetent.

Splitting diffuses the anxiety that arises from our inability to grasp the nuances and complexities of a given situation or state of affairs by simplifying and schematizing the situation and thereby making it easier to think about; it also reinforces our sense of self as good and virtuous by effectively demonizing all those who do not share in our opinions and values.

On the other hand, such a compartmentalization of opposites leaves us with a distinctly distorted picture of reality and a restricted range of thoughts and emotions; it also affects our ability to attract and maintain relationships, not only because it is tedious and unbecoming, but also because it can easily flip, with friends and lovers being thought of as personified virtue at one time and then as personified vice at another (and back and forth).

Splitting also arises in groups, when members of the in-group are seen to have mostly positive attributes, whereas members of out-groups are seen to have mostly negative attributes - a phenomenon that contributes to groupthink and, indeed, xenophobia.

As always, more at:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hide-and-seek/201203/self-deception-ii-splitting
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"What vitiates entirely the socialists economic critique of capitalism is their failure to grasp the sovereignty of the consumers in the market economy." ~ Ludwig von Mises

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”  ~ Socrates

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13378 on: May 28, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »

There was a time I wouldn't fight gals...but those days are long over.

Just when I think that you hit rock bottom, you break out the pickaxe and keep going...
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"What vitiates entirely the socialists economic critique of capitalism is their failure to grasp the sovereignty of the consumers in the market economy." ~ Ludwig von Mises

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”  ~ Socrates

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13379 on: May 28, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

I'm thinking it's going to be a great evening on the course... 

the lawn can wait til tomorrow!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892]   Go Up