MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > Where are we?

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are we?  (Read 82437 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Where are we?
« Reply #1185 on: March 05, 2016, 03:28:52 PM »

Problem with a crapper like that one is, you cannot move it easily.  OH's need to be moved from one spot to another ocassionally.  The old spot becomes part of the garden............. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1186 on: March 06, 2016, 09:06:08 AM »

Those are the little red Windows shutters on the equipment room at the football field on Jones ave ... Nailed it ...

Yes you did...

good eyes!!!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1187 on: March 06, 2016, 09:15:12 AM »

Problem with a crapper like that one is, you cannot move it easily.  OH's need to be moved from one spot to another ocassionally.  The old spot becomes part of the garden............. ;D

My grandparents had both types at different properties.  The more solid one was built on a vault that had to be cleaned from time to time. 

It was always a question wondering where the latest location for the outhouse would be at one of their places. 

I recall my paternal grandfather getting 'stranded' in the outhouse one night about 2 am.  It was out in the back yard quite a distance at that time and while he was making use of it a black bear wandered into the back yard and took up a point about halfway between the back door and the outhouse. 

No cell phones back then but we heard him yelling at the bear.  My Dad finally started a vehicle and drove around back and the bear eventually meandered off.  Not too long after that the outhouse got moved much closer to the back door and also some yard lights got installed.  They had gotten 'pole power' by then so wasn't quite as necessary to completely economize on every watt of power.

My favorite one was at their place right on Lake Superior.  The outhouse was on the highest point on a high bank overlooking the lake.  The door faced the lake so everyone tended to just sit and leave the door open and watch the 'view' out on the lake.  The door was just there to keep the critters out ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »

Yes you did...

good eyes!!!

Lol ... My grandson used to play there and I remembered how they stuck out against the brick ... Thought they are just so cute .. Lol
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #1189 on: March 14, 2016, 11:08:20 PM »

Here's a new picture to find.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1190 on: June 23, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »

Here's a new picture to find.

Emblem on the Plastics Plant on Front Street by I75.

Korean Outfit.

Near Detroit Stoker.

Can't remember the name of the company.....

Hanwha.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #1191 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »

Yep.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1192 on: June 25, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »

Probably financed with Federal money too.  AKA:  Tax dollars

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1193 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:00 AM »

Just saw the news about a train station fire in Monroe. Is it our "Where are we " picture that BRD put up a couple of years ago ?

When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1194 on: July 12, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »

Just saw the news about a train station fire in Monroe. Is it our "Where are we " picture that BRD put up a couple of years ago ?

It sure is.  I have pictures of the 'after fire' which I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1195 on: July 12, 2016, 08:40:06 PM »

It sure is.  I have pictures of the 'after fire' which I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning!!!

Looking somewhat south from First Street.  Didn't look too bad at first glance.

Then when I got a closer look at the south end of the building I could see the damage.

Not sure if that was an addition down on that end or just the way it ended up after the fire.

If they decide to demolish the building you better take a good look at this picture...

this may be 'the end of the line' (so to speak) for the train stations in Monroe!

Sorry the zoomed in photos are slightly blurry...   I took them all with my cell phone. 

I'm actually doing what I said I would never do (well, I said it 10 years ago and technology has changed)...

I'm not carrying a camera with me all the time and just using my phone.  If I actually go out to take pictures for a project then I still take a camera but for everyday pictures my phone is 'good enough'!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1196 on: July 12, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »

I actually heard the call on the scanner during the night but didn't really remember it until I saw the news release.

The original dispatch gave the location as in the alley behind a house on Almyra.

I was just wide awake enough to try and think what would be in the alley other than a garage.  I now see that probably someone on Almyra was looking out and just assumed it was burning in the alley. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1197 on: July 30, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »

Looks like it needs a demo. ;D

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1198 on: July 30, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »

I don't have a picture to paste but there is a car show at Parmaelee Park in Lambertville today.  Not a lot of real fancy stuff.  Just  maybe 100 or so older veh and some rat mobiles..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1199 on: July 31, 2016, 10:08:18 AM »

Looks like it needs a demo. ;D

I'll try to get by there in the next few days and see what's going on with the building.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81   Go Up