MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Month of Gratitude

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Month of Gratitude  (Read 811 times)

jenetty

• Hero Talker
  • Interested in joining a spiritual study group?
    • My Personal Website
Month of Gratitude
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »

As stated in my monthly Novus Spiritus newsletter, so many times we treat God like a vending machine.  We ask and ask and take and take.  Please help me with this and please help me with that.  And then I know, even being a Gnostic and totally understanding the whole concept of life, I STILL spend more time then I'd like complaining to God about the way things are and why, oh why doesn't it ever get any better??  Are you grateful for the blessings that you've already received from God?

Well, this is the time to remind ourselves that sometimes we have to spend MORE time being grateful for the blessings we already have.  Thanksgiving is at the end of the month so let's start being THANKFUL now. 

*From the newsletter*"Novus Spiritus speaks of Gratitude, Loyalty and Commitment.   We all know we should be grateful to Mother and Father God, but Sylvia Browne says that we should also be grateful to ourselves.  We should be grateful for charting to come into life on this negative plane, for giving ourselves the opportunity to grow, and for taking on the challenges in our lives.  It is those challenges and negative encounters that allow us to learn and grow spiritually."

Treat others with kindness, love and understanding.  And above all, remember to spend some time in Thanks every day.  Spend a few minutes and list off the many things in your life that you are thankful for.

PRAYER OF JUBILATION AND THANKSGIVING
To be said every morning on a daily basis.

Praise be to the Creators,
Praise be to Mother and Father God.
Praise be to Their Holy and Sacred Names.
Praise be to the Life-Givers.
Praise be to the positive and joyful givers.
We ask that our souls be filled with your love today, with Your omnipotent grace.
Praise be Your Holy Names.
Fill my heart with love, and where there is love, there can be no taint of despair,
Greed or negativity.
Praise be Your Holy Names.

Many Blessings
~Jeannette

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa
Pages: [1]   Go Up