MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Don't forget to vote NO for the Jefferson swimming pool millage today!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't forget to vote NO for the Jefferson swimming pool millage today!  (Read 4007 times)

1conservative

• Hero Talker

Don't waste your money, The YMCA supplies all the needed entertainment at a reasonable fee.

Fermi2

• New Talker

Not having the Rec center hurts the community, families will move to Ann Arbor, Saline or even Dundee for newer school w/better facilities. Who cares ?  Houses sitting empty - no taxes. Children doing anything physical should be encouraged.  You dont even see kids outside in the summer playing anymore, not like 20 years ago. Swimming is an awsome way to stay fit, you dont even have to diet if you swim for an hour a day .

Kingsley

• Hero Talker

Not having the Rec center hurts the community, families will move to Ann Arbor, Saline or even Dundee for newer school w/better facilities. Who cares ?  Houses sitting empty - no taxes. Children doing anything physical should be encouraged.  You dont even see kids outside in the summer playing anymore, not like 20 years ago. Swimming is an awsome way to stay fit, you dont even have to diet if you swim for an hour a day .
Agreed, vote yes. Not to mention that the increase in taxes would be much less than a membership to the YMCA which is $687 per year plus a one time fee of $75.00 for a family. AND it is a lot closer than driving to the YMCA so you will save gas money.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Don't waste your money, The YMCA supplies all the needed entertainment at a reasonable fee.
  More shades of Normal Joe posting the same post to multiple topics 8* 8* 8*                                                    Interesting to see that the one in red letters just is not getting any replies :D :D :D   Keep up the good work Joe ;D ;D ;D                                                                                                                                    Wanna buy a duck ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

PXaiver

Why not stop driving all together?  You can save on gas and the mileage if you get rid of your car.  Kingsley, please stop killing me with your vehicle.....

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.

Wanna buy a duck ??? ??? ???

Weird Al Yankovich - I Want A New Duck (Anime)
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

So, how much money in taxes are they asking for, to pay for the pool?

Or how many mills?

Is it a millage renewal, or a new tax?
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker

So, how much money in taxes are they asking for, to pay for the pool?

Or how many mills?

Is it a millage renewal, or a new tax?

It appears to be a new tax, at .5 mills. http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100317/NEWS01/703179985/-1/ELECTIONS

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Weird Al Yankovich - I Want A New Duck (Anime)

Great find Ck...

but now, let's be careful about derailing this thread...

we all know that MM1 is the only one that is allowed to do that 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.

Would you be paying more in new taxes than a YMCA membership (something like 300+ a year)?

Somehow I doubt the millage is going to cost more than 300 dollars per person.
your mom goes to college.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker

Great find Ck...

but now, let's be careful about derailing this thread...

we all know that MM1 is the only one that is allowed to do that 8* 8* 8*

Sorry sir, I'll do better next time...

- Socrates

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Would you be paying more in new taxes than a YMCA membership (something like 300+ a year)?

Somehow I doubt the millage is going to cost more than 300 dollars per person.

depends on how big the original poster's (I've been requested by admin not to use my "pet name" for him because he keeps PMing admins and complaining) house is lordfly...    if his house is expensive enough it could exceed the cost of the Y membership...

Baby Hitler

(I've been requested by admin not to use my "pet name" for him because he keeps PMing admins and complaining)
LOL me too.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

Ok, so the cost of this millage is half a mill.

That's only $75 for a typical house with an assessed value of $150,000.

But that's not the point, people!  This tax (and dozens others just like it) are being forced down the throat of every home owner - NOT just the people that use the pool.  People that vote NO will still have to pay the tax if the millage passes.

I have a problem with that.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Ok, so the cost of this millage is half a mill.

That's only $75 for a typical house with an assessed value of $150,000.

But that's not the point, people!  This tax (and dozens others just like it) are being forced down the throat of every home owner - NOT just the people that use the pool.  People that vote NO will still have to pay the tax if the millage passes.

I have a problem with that.

Well, what about all the people that pay taxes and don't have kids in school...

I never complained all the time my kids were in school...

now that they're all out it makes me look at that tax bill a little closer every year...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up