MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Don't forget to vote NO for the Jefferson swimming pool millage today!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't forget to vote NO for the Jefferson swimming pool millage today!  (Read 4008 times)

Baby Hitler

It looks like mobile home parks pay a property tax on each unit...it's not much but one fear is paying the same tax as a $100K site built home....that type of taxation would ruin the mobile home park business.
http://www.senate.michigan.gov/sfa/publications/notes/2005notes/notesjanfeb05jpf.pdf
Some people forget that the owner of the mobile home park has to pay property tax on the park itself.

Where do you think the owner of the park gets the money to pay for the property tax?

I'll give you a hint, it ain't the tooth fairy.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

Some people forget that the owner of the mobile home park has to pay property tax on the park itself.

Where do you think the owner of the park gets the money to pay for the property tax?

That's true, Fluffy.  So the people that live in mobile home parks DO pay property taxes, although indirectly, through their lot rent.  The tooth fairy is from an entirely different government entity.   :)
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker

That's true, Fluffy.  So the people that live in mobile home parks DO pay property taxes, although indirectly, through their lot rent.  The tooth fairy is from an entirely different government entity.   :)

Ahh yes, but the folks that live in and the people who own the parks certainly do get a bulk rate don't they???

I wonder if I could turn my block into a cooperative that leases the land that the homes were on and substantially reduce the assessed aggregate value of the land????

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

Ahh yes, but the folks that live in and the people who own the parks certainly do get a bulk rate don't they???

On a per-home basis, yes, they do pay less in taxes, because there are so many crammed in a small space.  But on a per-acre basis, they pay more than comparable agricultural or residential property, because even though they're homes, they're taxed (or should be taxed) as commercial property.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Taxpayers who live in mobile home parks or are tenants in homes, duplexes, apartments, etc. are all allowed a deduction for property taxes paid on their Michigan Income Tax based on the amount of rent they pay...

so, they must pay property taxes somehow 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Baby Hitler

Yes, next we must villainize those pesky apartment owners and the homeless and anyone else we feel aren't paying their share.

Get 'em boys!!!!!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.

Not sure if it is a state, or local ordinance (I think it's a state law, originally proposed by Matt Milosch, but I could be wrong) but the parks near me all the residents get a property tax bill every year for all porches/sheds/garages added to the lot in addition to taxes added into the lot rent.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

jbs49238

• Hero Talker

Yes, next we must villainize those pesky apartment owners and the homeless and anyone else we feel aren't paying their share.

Get 'em boys!!!!!

I just htink it would be interesting to see the formula.  If I put my home on a quarter acre next to a bunch of other homes, but we all own our land, why should the amount of the taxes we pay be different than those similarly situated in a manufactured home community?

I mean if we are gonna be compassionate and fair... lets be compassionate and fair durnit!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:21:40 PM by jbs49238 »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

I just htink it would be interesting to see the formula.  If I put my home on a quarter acre next to a bunch of other homes, but we all own our land, why should the amount of the taxes we pay be different than those similarly situated in a manufactured home community?

I mean if we are gonna be compassionate and fair... lets be compassionate and fair durnit!
Manufactured homes that sit on individually owned lots are subject to the ad valorem property tax in the same manner as traditional site-built homes are taxed.
http://www.senate.michigan.gov/sfa/publications/notes/2005notes/notesjanfeb05jpf.pdf

Considering the tiny space allotted for the mobile homes that I know about....I'd say that collectively they pay about the same as your quarter acre example. I wouldn't want to live in a densely packed park like that....not to mention that they're not all that safe....fires can sweep through very fast...plus they seem to be tornado magnets....not the best place to seek refuge from nasty storms....I wouldn't be jealous of mobile home dwellers.  ;)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up