MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > [ON NOVA] Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ON NOVA] Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial  (Read 6528 times)

Fred Munny

• Hero Talker
Re: [ON NOVA] Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »

I posted this once, I'll do it again. It should make for a good start for you, Fred.
Limitations of science

[blah blah blah nothing]

It's really too bad that you have to copy/paste from wikipedia to answer what should have been a simple question. It's even more annoying that you decided to display your response in such a hard to read color. But whatever, let's examine these shall we:

Your Wikipedia article listed Economics, Ecology, and Social Science as being "very hard to experiment with". But notice they didn't say impossible. In fact, ecology depends on science, namely chemistry, for measuring it's impact. Economics, psychology, and social science use statistical sampling methods that were first used in science.

I asked, Which aspects of our lives can science not be applied to? And of the things you listed, science can be applied to all of them.

Science disproved that, which it has yet to do on God.

Are you seriously suggesting that because science has not disproved God's existance then we all have to accept it as true simply because a large group of people believe it is?

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 08:33:18 AM »

It's really too bad that you have to copy/paste from wikipedia to answer what should have been a simple question. It's even more annoying that you decided to display your response in such a hard to read color. But whatever, let's examine these shall we:

Your Wikipedia article listed Economics, Ecology, and Social Science as being "very hard to experiment with". But notice they didn't say impossible. In fact, ecology depends on science, namely chemistry, for measuring it's impact. Economics, psychology, and social science use statistical sampling methods that were first used in science.

I asked, Which aspects of our lives can science not be applied to? And of the things you listed, science can be applied to all of them.

Are you seriously suggesting that because science has not disproved God's existance then we all have to accept it as true simply because a large group of people believe it is?
Too bad you can't read my color pink  :D the background for it isn't exactly the greatest!
Would you call yourself a scientologist?
I am sorry you seem to find the philosophy of science studies so irrelevent.
The scientist don't like to be examined themselves, eh?
No, I am not suggesting anyone has to accept God.
Your choice.
If science can be applied to anything, why don't you leave me be, and go find out if God is real.

Fred Munny

• Hero Talker
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »

Would you call yourself a scientologist?

I certainly would not.

If science can be applied to anything, why don't you leave me be, and go find out if God is real.

Here is the problem with that. You christians like to change the rules midway through the game. If we prove that evolution exists you just throw your hands up and say "fine but god did it". If we show that the world is more than 5,000 years old you just throw your hands up and say "fine but god still created it". Scientifically we can disprove many, many claims that are made in the bible. Yet every time we do that you people just dodge and sway with your "fine but god still did it" retort.

Does God exist? Hell if I know. Does the God described in the bible exist? No way.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »

You cannot prove or disprove God's existence in the lab. That's why is ISNT SCIENCE.

You can pray to allah or whatever 50 ways til Sunday... in RELIGION class.

Leave science out of it.
your mom goes to college.

zard0z

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 11:22:19 AM »

Too bad you can't read my color pink

Yeah, I agree, the pink is kind of hard on the eyes...

:P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up