MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Candidates Forum October 25th

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Candidates Forum October 25th  (Read 240 times)

pkrbkr

• Super Talker
Candidates Forum October 25th
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »

- From the MPS website -
School district, teachers union, newspaper to host Candidate Forum
  The seven candidates for the two state house seats from Monroe County and the state senate seat which represents Monroe County have been invited to participate in a Candidate Forum at 7 p.m., Monday, October 25, at the Monroe High School Auditorium, 901 Herr Rd.
  The event is jointly sponsored by Monroe Public Schools and the Monroe City Education Association and co-hosted by The Monroe Evening News. It is the second time the three organizations have teamed up to host such an event. The three groups hosted the only meet the candidates event of its kind in July before the primary election.
  After candidates have offered opening statements, they will answer written questions from the audience. The event, which is free and open to the public, is scheduled to last 90 minutes.
The candidates who have been invited to attend are:
Senate – District 17: Ronald Muszynski (Libertarian), State Senator Randy Richardville (R), and John Spencer (D).
State House – District 55: Rick Olson (R) and Mike Smith (D).
State House – District 56: State Rep. Kate Ebli (D) and Dale Zorn (R).

I attended the forum held before the primary and thought it was a worthwhile event. Questions are submitted by the audience before the event and asked of each candidate. The candidates are all there early and available to meet and question before the event begins. The sad thing about the previous Forum was the lack of interest shown by the community in that very few voters attended.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Candidates Forum October 25th
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:36:21 PM »

I agree pk.....I attended as well and found it informative.

I bet Randy has a HUGE hair salon bill going into this event.  I'd sure like to take a turbo fan to this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kate misses this though, she seems to have difficulty enough making it to Lansing for House votes.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up