MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Doom of the Worst Sort

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Doom of the Worst Sort  (Read 2853 times)

Matt (formerly ML)

• Hero Talker
Doom of the Worst Sort
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:09:43 AM »

"The catalogue of fiscal ailments now facing the country is too long to list. We'd need a ledger the size of a small encyclopedia. There's been a stampede away from the dollar even though it's already lost over 60 per cent of its value since Bush took office and even though central banks around the world will lose their shirts if it collapses. They don't care. They're getting out while they can."

"We haven't seen the failure of a world reserve currency since the Fall of Rome."

"Nobody has a clue how f*cking bad it's gonna get."

More here:
http://djomama.blogspot.com/2007/11/doom-of-worst-sort.html

Chips

• Hero Talker
Re: Doom of the Worst Sort
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:37:58 AM »

The Chinese will save us.
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

zard0z

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:50:01 AM »

You are right, it looks very grim...

Now, what do you suppose we do about it...?

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »

You are right, it looks very grim...

Now, what do you suppose we do about it...?

According to some folks here, shooting everyone involved in the Fed and selling all of our infrastructure to the highest bidder.
your mom goes to college.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »

I followed the link the blog links to.

It's LewRockwell.com, who are a fair bit of nutters.

Some of their "scientific myths" they define as hooey :

#  That evolution is well supported by physical evidence.
# That there was a long history of warfare between science and religion.
# That learned people in medieval times believed the Earth was flat.
# That the ban on DDT was based on sound science and was needed to avoid a "silent spring."
# That an AIDS "pandemic" has spread through sub-Saharan Africa, decimating its population. (In Africa, AIDS was redefined in 1985 so that it could be diagnosed without doing an HIV test; in the U.S., a positive result on the HIV test is a defining feature of AIDS.)
# That species are endangered by economic activity, and that tens of thousands of species go extinct every year.
# That billions need to be spent cleaning up small traces of chemical substances. (The evidence strongly suggests that such traces actually have a beneficial effect.)
# That stem cell researchers would probably have come up with treatments for such diseases as diabetes were it not for religious and ethical opposition to such research.

The website's rallying cry is essentially "get rid of everything and bomb the politicians". They argue against AMerican involvement in WW2 (yeah, I guess that Holocaust and the rape of Nanking weren't important to stop or anything).

They're only popular because they get on the frontpage of digg.com every other day, and they're riding the coattails of Ron Paul's presidential bid.

zard0z

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »

I followed the link the blog links to.

It's LewRockwell.com, who are a fair bit of nutters.

Some of their "scientific myths" they define as hooey :

#  That evolution is well supported by physical evidence.
# That there was a long history of warfare between science and religion.
# That learned people in medieval times believed the Earth was flat.
# That the ban on DDT was based on sound science and was needed to avoid a "silent spring."
# That an AIDS "pandemic" has spread through sub-Saharan Africa, decimating its population. (In Africa, AIDS was redefined in 1985 so that it could be diagnosed without doing an HIV test; in the U.S., a positive result on the HIV test is a defining feature of AIDS.)
# That species are endangered by economic activity, and that tens of thousands of species go extinct every year.
# That billions need to be spent cleaning up small traces of chemical substances. (The evidence strongly suggests that such traces actually have a beneficial effect.)
# That stem cell researchers would probably have come up with treatments for such diseases as diabetes were it not for religious and ethical opposition to such research.

The website's rallying cry is essentially "get rid of everything and bomb the politicians". They argue against AMerican involvement in WW2 (yeah, I guess that Holocaust and the rape of Nanking weren't important to stop or anything).

They're only popular because they get on the frontpage of digg.com every other day, and they're riding the coattails of Ron Paul's presidential bid.

Oh, is that all...LOL   *:)

I do have one question for you...what did you mean by... That the ban on DDT was based on sound science and was needed to avoid a "silent spring."...I'm not sure what the "silent spring" means...

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »

I do have one question for you...what did you mean by... That the ban on DDT was based on sound science and was needed to avoid a "silent spring."...I'm not sure what the "silent spring" means...

Back in the.... 70's? .... when DDT was still popular, some biologsts were noticing that a few years after DDT was sprayed in an area, there were FAR less birds chirping in springtime. Analysis later found toxic buildup of DDT in the birds, because DDT got into their food supply (worms and bugs), and because organisms cannot process DDT, the more worms you eat, the higher your toxic level.

So a worm might be fine because he's just got a tiny bit of DDT in him. But if a bird eats 10,000 worms, each with a bit of DDT (which its body cannot metabolize), it builds up until the nervous system collapses.

People really started freaking out when they found traces of DDT in humans (we can't metabolize it either) -- because we're on top of the food chain, we get the end results of all of the DDT spraying.

So yeah, silent spring = DDT overdoses.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »

According to some folks here, shooting everyone involved in the Fed and selling all of our infrastructure to the highest bidder.

Who ever said a darn thing about shooting?

I want to keep our freindly government officials all warm and fuzzy.

Tar and feathers will suffice.

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »

The Chinese will save us.

The Facts Are

China's Population: 1.32 Billion

USA's Population: 300 Million

Chinese economy: strong economic growth

USA economy: recession, on the verge of depression

Chinese Yen: Very desirable on the world market

US Dollar: Value in step decline

Who do you think will prevail?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:58:50 PM by Chips »
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 12:50:10 PM »

The bankers.

They win every time.

pdog

• Active Talker
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

The Facts Are

China's Population: 1.32 Billion

USA's Population: 300 Million

Chinese economy: strong economic growth

USA economy: recession, on the verge of depression

Chinese Yen: Very desirable on the world market

US Dollar: Value in step decline

Who do you think will prevail?

Yen is not the Chinese currency its the Japanese currency The Chinese currancy is the Yuan.

The Truth

• Super Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »

Back in the.... 70's? .... when DDT was still popular, some biologsts were noticing that a few years after DDT was sprayed in an area, there were FAR less birds chirping in springtime. Analysis later found toxic buildup of DDT in the birds, because DDT got into their food supply (worms and bugs), and because organisms cannot process DDT, the more worms you eat, the higher your toxic level.
People really started freaking out when they found traces of DDT in humans (we can't metabolize it either) -- because we're on top of the food chain, we get the end results of all of the DDT spraying.

So yeah, silent spring = DDT overdoses.

I'm not taking a side on this one way or the other-- but it might be worth consideration to consider the dramatic rise of malaria since the banning of DDT-- millions have died from mosquito-spread malaria thanks to the lack of DDT.

That's the truth.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00:46 PM »

I'm not taking a side on this one way or the other-- but it might be worth consideration to consider the dramatic rise of malaria since the banning of DDT-- millions have died from mosquito-spread malaria thanks to the lack of DDT.

That's the truth.

You can either die from malaria or from neurological damage suffering from DDT exposure.

tampachicken

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »

"The catalogue of fiscal ailments now facing the country is too long to list. We'd need a ledger the size of a small encyclopedia. There's been a stampede away from the dollar even though it's already lost over 60 per cent of its value since Bush took office and even though central banks around the world will lose their shirts if it collapses. They don't care. They're getting out while they can."

"We haven't seen the failure of a world reserve currency since the Fall of Rome."

"Nobody has a clue how f*cking bad it's gonna get."

More here:
http://djomama.blogspot.com/2007/11/doom-of-worst-sort.html

I guess this fits here.....I have been watching the BBC News again for some reason they seem to be explaining things better about our world power, and what the world is saying about us...that what you will find on the network national news.

They reported today that the dollar has hit an all time low against the euro...and the prediction for our next quarter from the feds for our GNP is 1/2 of what they initially predicted...

This is making some countries think "euro" insted of "dollar" and if China thinks "euro" insted of dollar we are in a world of trouble....it could break our economy....

I do wonder when china will lower the "boom' they have already poisioned our pets and children...God knows what else we have brought from there...and have in our home or food supply that we don't know about. I have just never seen problems with things like lead and poisions that are proven to be dangerous....get into this country.   Yes China can break us finaincially....just like we broke the soviets....and they are communist...we gave them the gun (US business) and they have the bullits (no regulations, cheap labor, and money)....

tampachicken

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:28 AM »

That's the truth.

Well we don't have malaria epidemics here so we don't need DDT....DDT is not band in all countries...that is why we have to watch our fruits and vegitables coming in from south america...they are allowed to use pestisides that are banned here....

All I have to say....there is no secrete that among migrant farm workers when we used these now banned products, migrant farm worker babies had an significantly  higher number of birth defects from being around these chemicals. These were specific birth defects. There are still a higher number of birth defects than the average...but they stilll work with a lot of chemicals...

In south america it is the same thing...the reason they are able to grow ship and run our farmers out of business, is they have cheap farm labor and can use chemicals, and even methods of fertillization (Human waste untreated) is allowed....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up