MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > after passing

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: after passing  (Read 3387 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
after passing
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »

After your death, an author will write your biography. What will the title be?

How do you picture your funeral? Is it important for you to have people mourn your death?

First one is easy "Dead Duck"

Funeral.  Heck no.  I hate mourning.  I want cartoon ties and happy colors.  AND SOME FREAKING GOOD MUSIC. I can't stand typical funeral home music.  But, I would be happy if Monroe Publishing mentioned the passing of Duck.  Wouldn't want to just disappear from here and no one know.

When my brother passed I made a CD of music he liked.  He was a heavy metal guy, but I didn't go there.  I did rock ballads that he liked.  He also wore a Red Wings Jersey.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
Re: after passing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 02:43:55 PM »

"Well Folks...I was told to keep this short."   :)

No mourning.
Summer: have ice cream.
Winter: have coffee.

Depart scene.
Snuggle & keep warm.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »

Mermaid Dead In Lake Erie

Throw a wreath in the water and open the keg!!

No funeral.  Her family and friends know where she is!!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »

Hummm......I don't like mourning either, not sure who does.  I believe when my time comes that I would like a small grave side memorial service with my ashes.  I find myself as I've gotten older at stopping at certain cemetery's and putting a flower on grave of a lost family member or l other special loved ones.  Possibly old fashioned, IDK......I always leave with good and happy thoughts as I am leaving.

Fuzz dead at 105 years old.  Cause of death: fell down stairs chasing nurses.

He did it till his dying day.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

katy scarlett

• Hero Talker
  • Ferocious Pom!! lol
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 05:37:08 PM »

Who? I never heard of her either...

I want my friends and fam to celebrate the life I lived with lots of decadent food, good liquor and my ipod plugged in playin my fave songs. With those 3 things, no sadness should be there!
Go Cowboys!!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »

We all know that there will be sadness and grieving when it's our time.  Mourning and grieving the loss of those who love is inevitable; most of us may not want it to happen, but it will.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »

BigDeadDog!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:51:03 PM »

We all know that there will be sadness and grieving when it's our time.  Mourning and grieving the loss of those who love is inevitable; most of us may not want it to happen, but it will.

I agree with this. 

I've had a rough year with too many visits to the funeral home.  But, after each visit came a sense of peace and a hard to describe calm.  I guess it's because good thoughts and memories rise to the top, with intermittent episodes of tears and sadness for the loss of course.  But, overall, following each funeral service (that is actually intended as closure for those left behind, not the deceased) is a strange, numb and gentle guidance back to reality. 

Whether it's a full funeral service or a simple memorial service, I don't think it's a bad thing at all.  Tears filled with love are never a bad thing.  And sometimes the closure is absolutely necessary.

Friends and family who know me will find themselves remembering the many, many laughs that are such a huge part of my life.  And, to be in my life is to be part of those good and happy times.  So, no matter what the "event" is or why it came about, there will be lots of good memories. 

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »

"Deadwire".

The two or three people at my funeral may just want to sit around and play poker, I don't know...  I won't care.  I'll be dead!
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »

Well said, Fuzz. We can say we want everyone to party on when we depart, but in reality, some tears, as well as laughter, are in order when anyone dies, as we all will. As for me, I would certainly hope some tears would be shed for my passing, if only to show that I meant something to someone, in however small a way. On the other hand, I would wish people who knew me would remember me as a person with some sense of humor, and celebrate that as well. And, Duck, I was going to ask "why is this topic in Fun and Games", but , on further reflection, why not? Carry on!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:22:35 PM by sammy »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »

In the spirit of fun and games, I'd be honored if an orgy broke at mine.   ;D

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Whoda thunk it?

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »

I think the Oscar Mayer weinermobile should make an appearance, possibly lead your procession. I'll be sure to arrange clearance for you for that day only.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »

LOL......the least you could do is to sponsor a council referendum to allow a one day permit for a HOT DOG AND PRETZEL cart in Loranger Square the day of my memorial.  Hell...move the orgy right there too.   ;D

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:25 PM »

LOL......the least you could do is to sponsor a council referendum to allow a one day permit for a HOT DOG AND PRETZEL cart in Loranger Square the day of my memorial.  Hell...move the orgy right there too.   ;D
That's a deal. When you turn 105.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up