MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 420   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 313676 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1680 on: March 09, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »

I am a big fan of the author, Dick Scuttlebutt, but you should know that "The Duffelblog" is humor site like "The Onion."

LMFAO!!!

Yes, I'm aware of that.  If you look at the link, you can see the poorly photoshopped medal on his jail uniform.

I was hoping to get a rise out of a liberal, though.  I gotta have something to do while I'm waiting here at home, before I go out and buy my new tablet.    ;D
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1681 on: March 10, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »

.......Alleged Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Receives Promotion, Legion Of Merit......

This clown should have a 'C' clamp attached to his balls and a 10 foot rope attached to the 'C' clamp.  The rope needs to be tied to a lighpost on the Rouge bridge and he needs to be pushed over the edge................. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1682 on: March 10, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »

Send him to Club Gitmo with all the other Jihadists.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1683 on: March 11, 2013, 06:37:55 AM »

I don't think Maj. Nadal meets the criteria . . . his "act" was not "terrorist threats" but "workplace violence".  Funny isn't it that the often quoted SPLC and DOJ considers the so called "Tea Party" folks "extremist" but Maj. Nadal is . . . . well, a perpetrator of "workplace violence".  SMH. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1684 on: March 11, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »

I don't think Maj. Nadal meets the criteria . . . his "act" was not "terrorist threats" but "workplace violence".  Funny isn't it that the often quoted SPLC and DOJ considers the so called "Tea Party" folks "extremist" but Maj. Nadal is . . . . well, a perpetrator of "workplace violence".  SMH.

Let me see....

Maj. Nadal was in contact with members of Al Qaeda before his act.

He attacked soldiers about to deploy.

By not calling it what it is this administration can deny members of the military what they have coming to them.  It is also convenient for them to continue to lie that there was no attacks on US Soil since 9/11.

With that said we both know what Major Nadal is, and what he was doing.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1685 on: March 12, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »

Let me see....

Maj. Nadal was in contact with members of Al Qaeda before his act.

He attacked soldiers about to deploy.

By not calling it what it is this administration can deny members of the military what they have coming to them.  It is also convenient for them to continue to lie that there was no attacks on US Soil since 9/11.

With that said we both know what Major Nadal is, and what he was doing.

. . . . nothing to see . . . it WAS workplace violence, the DOJ has spoken . . . lol . . . yep. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1686 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »

I'm not so sure there isn't a bit more to it than just "workplace violence"...That's too easy an explanation, and seems like a cop out... :-\
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1687 on: March 12, 2013, 12:45:05 PM »

It is just another lie of the Obama Administration.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1688 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »

Little snippet from an article I read today.

"Nearly 80 percent of New York City high school graduates need to relearn basic skills before they can enter the City University’s community college system."

Any questions?
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1689 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »

Only 80?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1690 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »

The exact stat doesn't really matter. A few points one way or the other wouldn't change the message. These kids are being released into the real world practically defenseless. They don't know what they don't know and the reason is they probably had a lousey home situation combined with a  general NYC educational system that has all but forgotten it's mission. It's just too hard!

Well I have a thought. Identify the problem and implement a solution to the problem. Progressives don't understand the value of the family unit in a childs development. They may argue the point, but you can't undermine the family unit with your policies and then decry the  unintended consequences and offer forth fixes that only make the situation worse. And teachers stand up. You know a big part of the problem is the family structure these kids come from. Well teach these kids the value of a healthy family structure and help end the cycle. If you don't teach it where are they going to learn it, TV or the internet?

I could go on, but I'm tired. Maybe pick up on this some more tomorrow.
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1691 on: March 13, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »

LMFAO!!!

Yes, I'm aware of that.  If you look at the link, you can see the poorly photoshopped medal on his jail uniform.

I was hoping to get a rise out of a liberal, though.  I gotta have something to do while I'm waiting here at home, before I go out and buy my new tablet.    ;D
LOL...it's obvious that you actually fell for that nonsense...and look, some of your right-wing buddies bought into it as well....and that was AFTER the revelation that it was fake!
.......Alleged Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Receives Promotion, Legion Of Merit......

This clown should have a 'C' clamp attached to his balls and a 10 foot rope attached to the 'C' clamp.  The rope needs to be tied to a lighpost on the Rouge bridge and he needs to be pushed over the edge................. ;D
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1692 on: March 13, 2013, 01:57:34 AM »

For the record:

Prior to the shooting, Hasan had expressed extremist views. An FBI investigation concluded that his emails with the late Imam Anwar al-Awlaki were related to his authorized professional research and that he was not a threat. The FBI, Department of Defense and US Senate all conducted investigations after the shootings. DOD classified the events as "workplace violence," pending prosecution of Hasan in a court martial. The Senate released a report describing the mass shooting as "the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil since September 11, 2001."

Investigators in the FBI and U.S. Army determined that Hasan acted alone and they have found no evidence of links to terrorist groups. They are satisfied that his communications with Awlaki posed no threat at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidal_Malik_Hasan

=====================

US soldier faces July trial over massacre

Major Nidal Hasan, who faces the death penalty, is accused of going on a shooting spree that also wounded 32 people.

The shooting jolted the US military and prompted calls for stronger safeguards against possible internal security threats and "homegrown" terror attacks.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/us-soldier-faces-july-trial-over-massacre/story-e6frf7k6-1226588250150

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1693 on: March 13, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »

The exact stat doesn't really matter. A few points one way or the other wouldn't change the message. These kids are being released into the real world practically defenseless. They don't know what they don't know and the reason is they probably had a lousey home situation combined with a  general NYC educational system that has all but forgotten it's mission. It's just too hard!

Well I have a thought. Identify the problem and implement a solution to the problem. Progressives don't understand the value of the family unit in a childs development. They may argue the point, but you can't undermine the family unit with your policies and then decry the  unintended consequences and offer forth fixes that only make the situation worse. And teachers stand up. You know a big part of the problem is the family structure these kids come from. Well teach these kids the value of a healthy family structure and help end the cycle. If you don't teach it where are they going to learn it, TV or the internet?
That's an odd thing to say considering the class-warfare you right-wing conservative republicans are waging.
I'll just leave that one dangling for now since the examples are so numerous and time is so short but it sort of reminds me of the hypocrisy of the right....demanding focus on jobs while doing everything in their power to actually destroy jobs.
As for the GOP....I'd say your title choice is apropos.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1694 on: March 15, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »

In a taped interview with ABC News, Obama told George Stephanopolous: “We don’t have an immediate crisis in terms of debt. In fact, for the next ten years, it’s going to be in a sustainable place.”

No the bottom isn't falling out today. With the help of the Fed the government is papering over how we pay our current bills. Yet to pay those bills we have to borrow
40 cents of every dollar used to pay those bills.  Kinda like getting a cash advance on one credit card to pay the bill for another credit card. Worse still, 80% of those borrowed dollars (treasury bonds) are purchased with money created out of thin air by the Fed. We're debasing our currency, and robbing every citizen every day, No it isn't a crisis today, but when the crisis does hit it is going to to be a whole lot worse than anything we've ever seen before.
John Kopke
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 420   Go Up