MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 420   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 313855 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1725 on: May 26, 2013, 04:48:55 AM »

Leading up to President Obama being elected in 2008 one of the arguments against him was his complete lack of any experience whatsoever at running anything. Well that argument didn't resonate  and Obama was elected. He became Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces. Would you hire a guy with Obama's qualifications to be CIC?  Well we did! Would you hire a guy that has no experience in the private sector economy to revive the private sector economy after a crash? Well we did.

Under Obama we have an incompetent State Department that left a post exposed, and it gets overrun. People die. Obama is gonna make sure it doesn't happen again. Justice department is tapping into the phone lines at AP. Upon learning of this activity, Obama wants a law to protect against such abuse. I could go on, and on.

All these things are going wrong, but Obama wasn't aware of them until the sheep hits the fan. Then when he does belatedly become aware, he assures us he will fix them so it never happens again. Well frankly, if Obama knows what actions need to be taken so these things never happen again, how come he didn't implement them before they happened in the first place?
Because the do-nothing Conservatives in Congress refuses to work with him.
In fact, they refuse to do anything at all...except continually try to repeal Obamacare.  8*

This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1726 on: May 26, 2013, 06:02:47 AM »

Citing rising property tax bills and a string of state budget gimmicks, the Republican mayor of Spotswood endorsed Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Barbara Buono on Friday.

Buono has watched several members of her own party throw their support behind Governor Christie, a Republican, in recent weeks, including Paterson City Council President Anthony Davis and Mayor Raymond McDonough of Harrison.

And on Tuesday, the governor will appear alongside President Obama when he comes to the Jersey Shore to survey the ongoing recovery from superstorm Sandy.

But on Friday, it was Buono standing at the podium alongside a member of the other party, Spotswood Mayor Nick Poliseno.

“Party affiliation is irrelevant,” said Buono, a longtime state senator from Monmouth County whose district once included Spotswood, a small town of fewer than 10,000 residents.

“The people of New Jersey do not see in shades of blue and red,” she said during an event at the Spotswood Diner.

Poliseno, who was first elected in 2010, said he endorsed Buono in recognition of her “tireless dedication to the people of Middlesex County,” as well as his frustration with Christie’s record on property taxes and the state budget.
http://www.northjersey.com/news/recordpolitics/Republican_mayor_of_Spotswood_endorses_Buono.html?page=all

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1727 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »

Just wondering why that hyperinflation bubble didn't burst yet.  Doesn't the topic imply an immediate impending doom... from 2010?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1728 on: May 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PM »

Someday I'm convinced it will......can't continue deficit spending and growing the debt now in the many trillions without some sort of ramification at some point.  Not sure what will trigger it, and it's not the act of any single Administration, but I do believe it will be ugly.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1729 on: May 26, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »

I hope it doesn't....  but I don't see how this continues forever without any ramifications.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1730 on: May 26, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »

Look around, you are seeing the first signs of the inflationary spiral already.  You have a petroleum glut and the price isn't coming down, it's going up.  Foodstuffs are going up, hard goods are going up but interest rates and return on normal investments are stagnant.

...and Bernacke keeps printing...........

...and I agree with Fuzz, it's going to bust but what the trigger will be is anyones guess.  We have such a volitale economy that it could be anything from domestic terror to a natural disaster, it's a crap shoot.  I watch the market fluctuate over some odd occurences.

....and I still maintain that government printed and backed currency will be worth nothing but precious metals, even non precous ones like aluminum and steel will be the trading currency to obtain food and shelter with.

...of course Federal Reserve Notes are backed with a promise to pay but we all know how well the government keeps it's promises.

When it does go bust, life will be cheap, very cheap.

It can't keep going unabated.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1731 on: May 27, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »

Today the FED first prints and then buys 70% of all U.S. Treasury Bonds, essentially loaning the government money interest free. You see this happens because they rebate back to the government the interest the government pays them. Sounds like a good deal. Have to go down to MBT and demand a similar deal. Hope I don't get hurt too bad when bank security hurls me through the front door.

The FED also prints the money to "loan" to Fannie Mae which provides them with most of the funds they use to provide those cheap mortgage interest rates we see fueling the recent resurgence of the housing market.

Well, without going into detail, pretty much everybody (with the exception of Paul Krugman, Duck and FF) understands that the FED can't print money indefinitely. The idea is to prime the pump and prop up the economy until the private sector is back on it's feet and can grow on its own. Problem is, it ain't happening. One day the FED hints at slowing the printing and the DOW starts having hysterics. Fortunately, things are calmed by the next afternoon when the panicked FED assures the market it wasn't really serious about slowing the printing anytime soon.

And what would happen to Fannie Mae mortgage interest rates without the funny money provided by the FED. The market can't print money and they certainly aren't going to hand money to Fannie like the FED for practically nothing, especially with Fannie's failed track record. There goes the recent housing boom.

Folks the balloon burst in 2008. It didn't get fixed. What happened was the FED and the government re-inflated a burst debt bubble by doubling down with more debt in the form of printed money. They aren't fixing the hole in the economic balloon, they're just blowing even more debt through it to pump it up. But when the FED's inflating stops the balloon is going to collapse.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:10:47 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1732 on: May 28, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »

And they are still making loans to people who can't pay it back....

They learned NOTHING from the last bubble.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1733 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »

And they are still making loans to people who can't pay it back....

They learned NOTHING from the last bubble.
Well if America didn't have to suffer from failed the Republican policies that nearly destroyed the economy...and been subjected to the worst President ever, nimrod Bush...
people would've been able to continue paying those mortgages.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1734 on: June 14, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »

I’m a Tea Party kind of guy. Does it cause me concern to say this? Not really. First of all, I’ve been posting on the forum for 3 plus years.  My conservative views have been  set in electronic stone. If the government has the right to legally, or otherwise, punish me for my beliefs, I’m already boned. So I say in for a dime in for a dollar.

Back in the day, meaning spring 2010, average folks like me were getting real worried about the spiraling debt, the prospect of  Obamacare,  the trashing of the Constitution and a soul sucking leviathan of a federal government.

Those that disagreed with us didn’t disagree with us, as in join in a battle of the merits of our opposing views, they couldn’t win there. No we needed to be crushed.  Homophobe, racists, potential terrorists that was their argument. Evidence? They didn’t need no stinking evidence as the majority of their base is too ignorant to know one way or the other and the Cool Aid Drinkers were on board with an ends justifies the means strategy.

Now we look at all the recent scandals. Any questions?
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1735 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »

Gee I though Barney Frank was a democrat and now we find out he was a republican according some posters He is the guy that continued to say the home loan program was in fine shape and continued to convice everyone to let Fannie and Fredie continue to give away money to those that everyone knew couldn't afford to pay it back.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1736 on: June 15, 2013, 06:55:14 AM »

Gee I though Barney Frank was a democrat and now we find out he was a republican according some posters He is the guy that continued to say the home loan program was in fine shape and continued to convice everyone to let Fannie and Fredie continue to give away money to those that everyone knew couldn't afford to pay it back.
Your persona bears a strong resemblance to Republican Louie Gohmert

Your understanding of the mortgage crisis is typical of those on the right...a complete failure.
But then expecting otherwise from those that couldn't even fully comprehend how to use spell check...expecting the right to delve into the facts just isn't going to happen.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1737 on: June 15, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »

I’m a Tea Party kind of guy. Does it cause me concern to say this? Not really. First of all, I’ve been posting on the forum for 3 plus years.  My conservative views have been  set in electronic stone. If the government has the right to legally, or otherwise, punish me for my beliefs, I’m already boned. So I say in for a dime in for a dollar.

Back in the day, meaning spring 2010, average folks like me were getting real worried about the spiraling debt, the prospect of  Obamacare,  the trashing of the Constitution and a soul sucking leviathan of a federal government.

Those that disagreed with us didn’t disagree with us, as in join in a battle of the merits of our opposing views, they couldn’t win there. No we needed to be crushed.  Homophobe, racists, potential terrorists that was their argument. Evidence? They didn’t need no stinking evidence as the majority of their base is too ignorant to know one way or the other and the Cool Aid Drinkers were on board with an ends justifies the means strategy.

Now we look at all the recent scandals. Any questions?

Those that disagreed with us didn’t disagree with us, as in join in a battle of the merits of our opposing views, they couldn’t win there.

Only in your mind were you correct about everything and never proved wrong.  (hyperinflation is going to collapse the government soon.)

It is my opinion that the supposed tea party has completely earned the reputation it got.

John, you started in 2009 almost immediately after Obama was sworn in.  The fox news push for tea bagging began the day Obama won the election.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1738 on: June 15, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »

Better to be a 'tea bagger' than a douche bagger........, ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1739 on: June 15, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »

Only in your mind were you correct about everything and never proved wrong.  (hyperinflation is going to collapse the government soon.)

It is my opinion that the supposed tea party has completely earned the reputation it got.

John, you started in 2009 almost immediately after Obama was sworn in.  The fox news push for tea bagging began the day Obama won the election.

Duck:
In your opinion the TP earned it's reputation. Well your opinion and a buck will buy you a 92 cent cup of coffee. Like your Alinsky brethren, it isn't based on any evidence, it's all slander and character assassination all the time.

As for hyperinflation you'll have to have some patience. The only reason inflation hasn't exploded is the economy is in the tank. Banks aren't loaning money so the velocity of money creation from that source is slow, however the Fed printing is doing what it can to undermine the value of the dollar.

So think about this. Time was when the market was in control you could get a solid 5% on a Bank CD. Now it is less than 1%. Let's say you're a seasoned citizen and you have socked away $200K. At 5% interest you would earn $ 10K in a year. Today less than $2000. If we factor in the governments faux inflation stats of 1.7% a 5% CD would net you, before taxes, $ 6600. Conversely, today's CD rates would leave that seasoned citizen with a negative net before taxes of .7%, or a minus $ 1400 in buying power. Hyperinflation it isn't, but what does it say about the value of the dollar when the best the banks will give you for your dollars is a negative return?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:52:32 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 420   Go Up