MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 411   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 293689 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #5850 on: February 18, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »

Just how old are you John?

I think you're forgetting some major events that happened maybe even before you were born...

some right here in Michigan!

I studied this in Michigan History in Jr. High if I remember it right. 

So, you're probably either older than this or you missed school the day it was discussed!

See, it all catches up to us eventually ;D ;D ;D

This article is a few years old but even with all the recent shootings I think little old Bath Michigan still holds the record for worst school disaster in the country.

Old fashion dyn-o-mite worked better than modern high tech weaponry...

and the advantage to the perp is they don't have to be there watching and listening to the carnage they're creating!!!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/05/06/bath-township-school-disaster-children/101364436/

Well Big Red, I have a problem. What in the hell are you talking about? You refer to a incident that happened 80 years ago as an example that the mass murder we're experiencing today has been a recurring occurrence year after year ever since! 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:41:38 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5851 on: February 18, 2018, 09:13:11 PM »

Other than the Bill Clinton administration, we may find the Obama administration has been the most corrupt administration ever. Supposedly we are a nation of laws, not men. Yet the obvious scandals of the Obama administration have been swept under the rug. Obstruction of justice? What happened to the IRS scandal with the department admittedly targeting conservative groups and auditing opponents of the administration. Hell, Nixon was excoriated for suggesting the IRS do the same to his opponents, and yet the IRS told him to stick it.

Bottom line is we're in real deep do, do. The MSM is in collusion with the Dems with regard to the fictitious Trump collusion with the Russians story while ignoring the real scandal of the Dems conspiring with both the Russians and the Hillary campaign to undermine the Trump campaign and his Presidency. This is where we should be investigating.

John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5852 on: February 20, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »

Won't happen John until the 'swamp' is drained of Obama loyalists.  Obama had 8 years to install as many tools as he possibly could and most are still there.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5853 on: February 20, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »

I still find it interesting that Mueller is still inditing people using his investigation. 
He should be one guy the justice dept indites for his role in the obama admin of knowing about all of their illegal activities that he was a part of.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5854 on: February 20, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »

In my view Muller is nothing but a taxpayer funds drain.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5855 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »

Maybe Mueller feels as long as he keeps his investigation going the less likely he will be called by the Justice dept for his illegal activities..

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5856 on: February 23, 2018, 09:53:35 PM »

Maybe Mueller feels as long as he keeps his investigation going the less likely he will be called by the Justice dept for his illegal activities..

Right on. Uranium One. As you know, as FBI chief, he knew of the Russian goings on ( bribery, extortion etc.) prior to the approval of selling the Russians 20% of our Uranium  reserves, but didn't alert those making the decision to approve/disapprove prior to their
vote. What's the deal? Only after the approval did they go after the perpetrator and then gave him a slap on the wrist conviction.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5857 on: February 23, 2018, 09:56:45 PM »

Right on. Uranium One. As you know, as FBI chief, he knew of the Russian goings on ( bribery, extortion etc.) prior to the approval of selling the Russians 20% of our Uranium  reserves, but didn't alert those making the decision to approve/disapprove prior to their
vote. What's the deal? Only after the approval did they go after the perpetrator and then gave him a slap on the wrist conviction.

Nothing to see there.  Move on.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5858 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

Nothing to see there.  Move on.

Yeah ain't that how it always works out.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5859 on: February 25, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »

Ya know I know some everyday level headed Dems that go absolutely nuts when it comes to Trump. Yesterday I was speaking with a couple, he a teacher at a community college, and she a retired dental hygienist. She said she voted for Trump and then went off he said this or that. She was absolutely instantly irate. Obviously no longer a Trump fan. I replied I'm not
always a fan of his tweets, but with a liberal MSM trashing him from day one, I do appreciate it that he does fight back. Made no difference the rant continued. When she took a breath I asked if she liked tax cuts, whereupon her husband cut in to say no more politics. I didn't fight it. Just as well.

Thing is she is a victim of the MSM and therefore doesn't know her butt from third base. She isn't an idiot by any means, just limited in the sources upon which she forms her opinions. Now I don't go out
of my way to read left wing stuff, but I read enough to know where they're coming from. That being the case, it's hard to have a discussion when only one side understands the overall picture..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:20:25 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5860 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »

John,

Face it.

We are all victims of the MSM to some extent.

It just depends on what set of talking heads you want to believe. 

Both sides of the media work hard to whip you into a frenzy over their point of view - whether it be a never Trumper side, or the Hillary for Jail side. 

All news is no longer facts - it is just propaganda to someone else's point of view.

I honestly think all the Russian Collusion and Hillary Uranium and Illegal Warrant chatter is to distract the masses from what is really going on in this country.  It is grand theater for the masses.  Look over here - not over there.

This is why I no longer watch the news, and I mainly read foreign press.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5861 on: February 25, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »

Same here, I will catch Yahoo and USA Today for entertainment purposes only.  The US media has no honor or merit.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5862 on: February 25, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »

I have no idea who the hell Carter Page is...
Lately the media has me believing he is some bad guy stealing money from our country using Tax sys to do it. And the FBI is trying to hang something on him to get to Trump
Then I find out he has been working with the FBI for a couple of years providing valuable information to get some Russians..

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5863 on: February 27, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »

Yeah we can go back and forth on the latest scandals and news highlights of the day, but it don't make no never mind. The bottom line is we're headed for financial oblivion. I like the Trump tax cuts, but if they were going to mean anything they had to be in concert with serious spending cuts. Serious spending cuts! You can't generate real growth in the economy while adding a trillion plus a year in government deficits.

Right now the FED is in the process of unwinding the money they printed under Obama. Won't work. With the FED no longer buying treasuries, with printed money, who'll buy them?
Worse still the FED, in their unwinding, is unloading treasuries. So we need buyers for current deficits, AND to purchase the treasuries the FED is unloading from purchases they made during Obama's term. So we need buyers to cover current huge deficits and cover deficits the FED papered over during Obama's term.   

Which gets us back to who is going to buy U.S. Treasuries right now? Not me! Remember, if you buy a Treasury bond today and the interest rate goes up the value of your bond goes down. Trust me that's how it works. Well what we're going to see is interest rates increasing.
They have to. Why? Because no sane person would buy Treasuries at the current interest rates. So what happens when interest rates rise? How about this. When you owe $ 20+ trillion and the interest rate rises 1% it cost the government (taxpayers) an additional $160-$200 billion more in interest on the debt per year.

I could go on, but I'm getting worn out. Bottom line is in the not to distant future this country is going to be buried in debt and our standard of living is going to be trashed. 
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5864 on: February 27, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »

So long as it lasts another 10 years or so, I'll be happy 'cause I won't be here to reap the rewards of my indulgence.

Hey John, I was going through old pictures on my external drive yesterday and lo and behold, I still have all the pictures I took from the Tea Party party in the park from way back when and you are in some of them too.  Was a trip down memory lane looking at them.  Didn't delete them either.  That had to have been at least 15 years ago.  Still have the pictures of that crappy beanery we went to...
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 411   Go Up