MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 419   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 312104 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6195 on: October 08, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »

John, you are very close to stirring. I think you are often  close to stirring. Stop stirring. You are fomenting what you are decrying.

What's with this stirring stuff. I'm talking harmony on these teams. With 85 or so players it's not utopia,  but you see them hugging each other after a good play. It's the team Sammy, the team. Playing for themselves, and each other, and they all succeed. I'm not looking to foment anything. I'm trying to point out how working together for a common goal blurs this racial stuff.   
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6196 on: October 15, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »

Get tired of the 24 hour news cycle. Stormy this, Kavanaugh that, and the Senator Warren's DNA test. Give it a week and the media will seek to capture our attention with a whole new set of garbage, the old garbage will simply fade into the background.

At the same time the country is headed for financial oblivion. SS and Medicare finances are already in tatters, and they're going to implode in the next decade. Something needs to be done, but nothing will be done. When the sh*t hits the fan they'll inflate to forestall a collapse, but this time it won't work. They inflated the 2001 disaster and the 2008 crash for a short term benefit twice and this time they'll have run out of rope.
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6197 on: October 16, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »

Most of the politicians doing nothing about the current financial situation will be dead before the bottom falls out.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6198 on: October 16, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

Most of the politicians doing nothing about the current financial situation will be dead before the bottom falls out.

Fair statement.  Why should they care anyway.  They have cush to death...

I see Stormy Daniels lost in court and has to pay Trump's legal fees.  How nice. and....

Liz Warren is like 1/259th percent American Indian.  Another patent liar.

The beat goes on...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6199 on: October 17, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »

Was reading a review of the Gosnell Movie (abortion doctor/serial killer) earlier and was sick to my stomach, and then I came across another article that topped it off. Here's a cut from the article.

"Whenever someone calls himself or herself an ethicist, the warning bells go off in my head, recognizing that what I am about to hear might be twisted logic to justify something that is unethical. So it is with a recent article published in the Journal of Medical Ethics that proposes that it is ethical to kill newborn children, because they are not yet real people, just potential people. The argument is that the infant does not have the capacity to attribute basic value to his or her existence, and as such, depriving that human being of its existence does not represent a loss to him or her.  That being the case, according to the authors, a parent should be able to decide, for whatever reason, to terminate that life. The authors go so far as to call it an “after-birth abortion.”

A foundation of the argument is that there is virtually no difference between a fetus and a newborn, and since it is ok to kill fetuses, it is also ok to kill infants. The authors consider that neither fetuses nor newborns “persons,” but only carry that potential, because they have not formed any aims in life as full persons, and as such, killing them cannot harm them."

Hello. I would say this is insane, but, then again, there are a number of our "friends" on the left that would be nodding their heads in agreement. And yet these are the same folks that call people like me a monstrous Nazi, racist, etc. etc. etc. etc.  Well, if they're on board with this, what on earth could I be doing that makes "me" the monster? 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:57:14 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6200 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:47 PM »

Real tired of the PC world of the left. If I were to say the "N" word referring to what someone else said actually using the real word, the left will come down on me like a ton of bricks (maybe not me, because I'm nobody) and seek to ruin my life. What's the deal, I was just describing what someone else said. Come on! This is nuts! Yes it is, but this is the world the left has brought us. And to my Dem friends, you side is solely responsible for this, and you should be ashamed.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6201 on: October 17, 2018, 09:55:51 PM »

Global Climate Change folks/Dems have gone too far! They predict climate change will reduce barley production leading to a shortage of beer. If we don't have beer, we'll no longer be able to laugh off the crazed climate folks.
If that were to happen then all bets are off. Forget about their infringing upon the constitution, calling us racists etc. now we're talking taking a the beer out of our hand when we're watching football. I say enough is enough.

Fortunately it's all BS, and they know it. They've really got nothing to back it up other than some slanted computer models. Unfortunately too many average Dems, that aren't loons, still stand by their party. Go figure. 
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6202 on: October 17, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »

Watching a you tube performance of Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald doing "What a fool believes. Fantastic. I love it. Yet I see these performers, who do such great works, side with the leftists. Why? Did big government mandate that millions of folks buy their recordings? No, the folks did it on their own. Result they deservedly got rich. Yet these celebrities are all on board for government giving people money they didn't earn. So what's the deal?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:58:33 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6203 on: October 18, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »

John, there probably still to many voters standing with the Dems because that's what they've been trained to do.  However I do see a few people I'll label as union workers that have abandoned the democrats.  That's kind of unheard of.  I know my wife would have voted for any Dem because her dad was so adamant about supporting Dems being a union steward at a big company in Toledo.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6204 on: October 21, 2018, 08:14:24 PM »

Rich Devos, one of the two founders of Amway, recently died. Years ago, speaking to members of Junior Achievement he spoke of his respect for our police officers. I don't remember his exact words, but here is as best I can recall.

He said I know some of you may have had a situation where you were upset
when you were out parking (making out in those days) when a police officer tapped his flashlight on the window breaking up you fun. Yet weeks later, you couldn't wait until that same police officer showed up when there was a prowler around your house, because he was there to help you, AGAIN.

He also said many of you believe when you graduate you're going to change the world, but let me ask you this, did you make your bed this morning?

He was a great man   
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6205 on: October 21, 2018, 08:25:57 PM »

I just watched again the movie Lone Survivor about a seal team in Afganistan that was wiped out except for a one. At the end it showed pictures of those who died with their wives, children and girl friends. So very sad. And I'm thinking, do the people of our country really appreciate the sacrifice of these brave men? And I think, on the whole, not so much.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6206 on: October 21, 2018, 08:46:46 PM »

And while I'm ranting,  here's this. Read article about how like half the population of the world lives on $ 5.50 per day, or less, some a lot less. That works out to $ 195 per month. Yet we hear all the bitching about how things are so unfair in this country. How do you think you'd make out on $ 195 per month? Further, from this perspective, our people living on welfare, with free medical care, housing subsidies, food stamps etc. would be extremely well off in comparison. Bottom line is the people in this country should thank God in heaven that they fortunate enough to be born in this country! That's all.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:06:59 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6207 on: October 21, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »

Watching Benghazi movie. Mostly about what was happening on the ground. But the question is, and remains, what was our so called Commander in chief, Obama, doing during the attack? Was he directing operations, and doing everything humanly possible to back up these folks. Nobody knows. Well given the fact that absolutely no help was sent, I think we have our answer. And the Dems think Trump needs to be impeached. Priceless. What about a President missing in action while Americans were dying? And then he, and Hillary, blame it on a you tube video to cover their political butts. Despicable. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:08:34 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6208 on: October 22, 2018, 12:29:42 AM »

Thank God for term limits.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6209 on: October 25, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »

I see Obama and Biden are holding rallies with sparse attendance.  Last one Bide had, he had about 300 attendees.  Big crowd there...

I think people are getting wise to the Democrat BS.  Finally.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 419   Go Up