MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 468   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 384871 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6915 on: October 21, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »

Reading an article written by some leftist. Here is a snippet.

If Democrats win both the White House and Congress next year, the first priority will be to raise enough revenue to finance an ambitious agenda. They would have the opportunity to enact the largest and most progressive revenue measure in modern times: raising individual, corporate and capital gains and estate taxes and closing loopholes for the privileged.

Whoa! "They would have the opportunity to enact the largest and most progressive revenue measure in modern times". Run this through a liberal translator and you have we're going to tax everything that freaking moves, and tax those things that are not moving because they aren't moving. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:56:53 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6916 on: October 21, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »

Democruds are always and have always been tax and spend freaks.  You know that.  It's their 'corporate motto'.  Tax the h e l l out of everyone, pocket a bundle and pizz the rest away on entitlement programs.

Anyone who votes Democrat today has a death wish for the Republic.

Look right to Lansing for a shining example.  Whitless wanted a 46 cent per gallon fuel tax to fix the 'damn roads'. Problem is, the tax revenue was going everywhere else but the roads.

BTW, what is going on with Line 5?  Seems to be a dead issue with Whitless, probably because the oil lobby is applying heavy grease (aka: dark money) going to Whitless. All well and good until it ruptures but she won't be responsible because Snyder screwed it up, not her.

I pray that someone, anyone, bubbles up to beat her in 3 years.

Kopke, you need to run for Governor, or how about Bob Beadles?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:32:00 PM by SidecarFlip »
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6917 on: October 22, 2019, 07:31:08 AM »

BTW, what is going on with Line 5?  Seems to be a dead issue with Whitless, probably because the oil lobby is applying heavy grease (aka: dark money) going to Whitless. All well and good until it ruptures but she won't be responsible because Snyder screwed it up, not her.

I pray that someone, anyone, bubbles up to beat her in 3 years.

Kopke, you need to run for Governor, or how about Bob Beadles?

It blows my mind that Snyder and the Republicans got a fix into place - and one that didn't use taxpayer dollars - and she and Dana dismantled the deal.

Those two are truly idiots.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6918 on: October 22, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »

It blows my mind that Snyder and the Republicans got a fix into place - and one that didn't use taxpayer dollars - and she and Dana dismantled the deal.

Those two are truly idiots.

More like getting greased at the citizens expense idiots.  I find it utterly amazing that a potential disaster of that magnitude (line 5 rupturing) has been put on the back burner, especially when Snyder had the deal done and Enbridge was going to do the tunnel thing entirely at their own expense.

If Whitless and her queer AG would have left well enough alone, by now Enbridge would have been well underway with the tunnel and the security of knowing that Line 5 was being addressed.

Whitless is way more concerned about her 45 cent pie in the sky gas tax than performing her elected duties, which is serving the citizens of the state.  All she is, is a self serving tax and spend Democrat.  I really hope she's a one term Granholm wannabe.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6919 on: October 22, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »

Whitless is way more concerned about her 45 cent pie in the sky gas tax than performing her elected duties, which is serving the citizens of the state.  All she is, is a self serving tax and spend Democrat.  I really hope she's a one term Granholm wannabe.

Now she wants .80.

Turns out .45 isn't enough - per her department head.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6920 on: October 22, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »

Never happen.  What she really needs is a broom to fly out of Lansing on.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6921 on: October 22, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »

Never happen.  What she really needs is a broom to fly out of Lansing on.

She promised to fix the damn roads and all she has done is divert money the Legislature tagged for fixing roads to someplace else.

Sounds like she lied to me!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6922 on: October 22, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »

Learned from the best, Wayne County politicians (where Granny came from too).  2 legged turd.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6923 on: October 22, 2019, 03:33:19 PM »

In reality, .20 would have been plenty (and probably palitable to the Republican legislators )if it was all going to roads instead of everywhere else with the scraps for the roads.  I imagine she's miffed, I wonder how much would have been funneled into her pocketbook?

So, here we are in the first year of 4 dark years here in Michigan...again.  Wonder if her and Granny are pen pals?  The playbook smells just like Granny.

Only 'lifeline' we have is the Republican majority in both houses.  Could you imagine what it would be like if the houses were both Democrat.  They would rubber stamp everything she proposed and it would take literally decades to get out from under that bs tax and spend crap.

Why I can never vote Democrat for any office.  Whitless is in lock step with the Dem wannabe Pres candidates. tax and spend, tax and spend but make sure you line your pockets along the way.  Wonder if she's a distant relation to the blue ribbon hypocrite, Bernie Sanders or Lying Liz.  After all Whitless tells a bunch of fairytales.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6924 on: October 22, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »

.20 out of the .45 was all she ever planned on spending on the roads.

The rest went to pay off the Unions that supported her.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6925 on: October 22, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »

.20 out of the .45 was all she ever planned on spending on the roads.

The rest went to pay off the Unions that supported her.

Don't doubt that one bit.  All about tax and spend (on cronies).

Read this morning that the Feds re really getting serious about the UAW (U Ain't Work'in) corruption scandal, but then every union is basically corrupt anyway.  Money (dues) breeds it.

Unions are all about sheeple supporting elites.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6926 on: October 22, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »

She must have some redeeming qualities somewhere.  Flat head maybe? ;D

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6927 on: October 22, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »

Off topic, but most of my posts are. Want to switch from Google to Google Chrome. They've been telling me to do this for some time, but now they insist. OK. However, in doing so I will
lose my favorites box. They then give me 8 steps I can take to recover them. Bing, bang, boom, it's all done. Not. I've been using computers since 1980. Yet in all that time I have never wanted to be an expert on all the machinations necessary to upgrade my computer, I just want my computer to be secure and do what I want it to do. Like a car, if I have a mechanical/electrical or whatever problem I don't want to have learn how to fix it, and then fix it. I take it to Kevin at ****** Automotive and he handles it. He's fixed the same problems I'm having hundred of times and it's a piece of cake. I stop by to pick up the car, cut a check, and drive out happy as a pig in the mud.

Can anybody hook me up with a solid outfit, or person, that can do a remote link and handle this kind of stuff for me? 
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6928 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:13 PM »

Guess I'm extremely lucky to have a cousin that owns his own IT business in Frankfort, Illinois.  My old laptop was long in the tooth so I asked him to set me up and he did.  He's a Dell commercial dealer as well, so I have a Dell Laptop, Inspiron 15, 5000 series with a full suite of programmers software running 64 bit and a solid state chipset hard drive.  He monitors both my Dell and my wife's Dell desktop 24/7 and I run Trend Microservice  anti virus software.  Even has dark web scanning on it.  I don't use Goggle at all.  I run Duckduckgo as my browser.  DDG don't track your usage at all.  I have everything the lastest versions of Goggle has (favorites and all that) but no Goggle.  I recommend it 100%.

it's a free download btw.  I also run CCleaner Professional.  Keeps all the crap off the computer.  I run CCleaner on my smart phone too and Trend as well.

Was it all cheap?  Nope.  Does it work?  You betcha.

I have 2 grand in the laptop alone and I got it at dealer price.  My cousin has me on his license for everything.  Nice to have a cousin in the IT business.

No, I don't use the programmers tools, don't even know how to open them up and don't want to but they are all there, parked in the chipset.

Best thing about a chipset hard drive is one, you never defrag it because unlike a spinning 720 rpm platter, it don't get bad sectors ever and it operates with no heat so no fan needed.  It constantly scans itself and catalogs data in the most efficient manner.  It's one Terabyte in size.  Way more than I'll ever use.

Get DDG and forget Goggle and check out Trend.  it's not cheap but good things aren't cheap.  Get CCleaner too.  It's also free for the home version, $30 bucks a year for the professional version ans you can put it on your phone too.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6929 on: October 22, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »

Too bad Whitless don't have a 'smart' computer,  If she did it would make better decisions than she can..... ;D
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 468   Go Up