MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 189   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 88140 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1440 on: November 03, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »

What an empty suit. This guy has never really worked at governing. He has his narrow windmil redistributate agenda 
but it wasn't about dealing with the real world problems.  People having difficulty. No problem, cut them a check, 
and then cut another and another, problem solved.
John Kopke

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1441 on: November 03, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »

Media tells us the  election will be close. I don't think so. I think Romney wins big.

I just can't tell John......so many polls out there reflecting opposite of each others predictions.

I guess it will come down to voter participation in terms of how many will get out and vote.  If all the unemployed/underemployed go to the polls your prediction may be right on.

Gonna be an interesting Tuesday evening......I'm thinking about throwing on some popcorn, get the fireplace going, and watch how many people go out and vote against the person they like the least instead of with their hearts.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1442 on: November 04, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

End-of-Campaign Bluster: Republicans Trying To Will Themselves To a Win By LYING

End-of-Campaign Bluster: Republicans Trying To Will Themselves To a Win By LYING (1/2)

End-of-Campaign Bluster: Republicans Trying To Will Themselves To a Win By LYING (2/2)
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1443 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:54 PM »

Red Headed Republicans
Contestant 1: I'll take "Emotions of the Conservatives" for 1000 Alex.
Alex Trebek: These two emotions are the bane of Conservative existence.

Contestant 1: What are "empathy and compassion?"
Alex Trebek: "You're right for $1000"

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1444 on: November 04, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

I just can't tell John......so many polls out there reflecting opposite of each others predictions.

I guess it will come down to voter participation in terms of how many will get out and vote.  If all the unemployed/underemployed go to the polls your prediction may be right on.

Gonna be an interesting Tuesday evening......I'm thinking about throwing on some popcorn, get the fireplace going, and watch how many people go out and vote against the person they like the least instead of with their hearts.

Well Fuzz look at the couple posts by the opposition that followed yours. They've got nothing. Attack this Romney thing and slander that other thing they parsed. In 2010 Obama got his head handed to him in the mid-term elections. 63 congresional seats lost and 5 senate seats. Further, the Republicans gained big time in state legislatures and governorships across the nation. This wasn't a fluke or a freak of nature. The folks hated Obamacare. Scott Brown (R)
was elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat on the basis of defeating Obamacare. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi then pulled la manuveur to get it passed, along with a few well place political bribes and got it passed. Well folks still don't like Obamacare.

The states that elected republican governors and legislatures are addressing their fiscall issues, Dem states are raising taxes and still going deeper into fiscal oblivion.

I think a majority of American people still know enough about our history to regurgitate what President Obama and his teleprompter have been telling us the last four years.  MSM be damned. This election is a test as to whether, or not, the individual is as in "We the People" run our lives,  or do we look to an elite in a far off capitol to make those decisions for us.

I think Romney will win. I also think the folks have learned enough to realize they need to stay after the guy they elected. I think Romney is willing do what needs to be done,  but the folks will have to prod him in the right direction
and let him know we understand how bad things are and we want him to do what it takes. Fortunately, Romney, knows what neeed to be done, he just neeeds the folks to get behind him. 
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1445 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Well Fuzz look at the couple posts by the opposition that followed yours. They've got nothing. Attack this Romney thing and slander that other thing they parsed. In 2010 Obama got his head handed to him in the mid-term elections. 63 congresional seats lost and 5 senate seats. Further, the Republicans gained big time in state legislatures and governorships across the nation. This wasn't a fluke or a freak of nature. The folks hated Obamacare. Scott Brown (R)
was elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat on the basis of defeating Obamacare. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi then pulled la manuveur to get it passed, along with a few well place political bribes and got it passed. Well folks still don't like Obamacare.

The states that elected republican governors and legislatures are addressing their fiscall issues, Dem states are raising taxes and still going deeper into fiscal oblivion.

I think a majority of American people still know enough about our history to regurgitate what President Obama and his teleprompter have been telling us the last four years.  MSM be damned. This election is a test as to whether, or not, the individual is as in "We the People" run our lives,  or do we look to an elite in a far off capitol to make those decisions for us.

I think Romney will win. I also think the folks have learned enough to realize they need to stay after the guy they elected. I think Romney is willing do what needs to be done,  but the folks will have to prod him in the right direction
and let him know we understand how bad things are and we want him to do what it takes. Fortunately, Romney, knows what neeed to be done, he just neeeds the folks to get behind him.
No point in wasting time arguing against your flawed version of history...

Obama and the Dems are ahead by every measure...so that says America still has enough people paying attention to make a difference.

Congressional Job Approval
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

You see, the Republican agenda to make everything worse and try to pin the blame on Obama has failed.

The majority of the electorate has correctly identified who is responsible for the obstructionism.

Oh, and for anyone paying attention...Scott Brown is losing as well.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1446 on: November 04, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »

No point in wasting time arguing against your flawed version of history...

Obama and the Dems are ahead by every measure...so that says America still has enough people paying attention to make a difference.

Congressional Job Approval
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html

You see, the Republican agenda to make everything worse and try to pin the blame on Obama has failed.

The majority of the electorate has correctly identified who is responsible for the obstructionism.

Oh, and for anyone paying attention...Scott Brown is losing as well.

Obama is President. He is the Leader. He sets the aggenda, and with the legislature, and the consent of the people
he enacts legislation. Unfortunately, President Obama rode roughshod over the whole affair. Stimulos sprinkled 800 billion hither and yon. Didn't do damn thing to help the economy, or improve the infrastructure. Mostly pork. He left
it to Pelosi and Reid. Here is $ 800 billion, spend it.

John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1447 on: November 05, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »

Obama is President. He is the Leader. He sets the aggenda, and with the legislature, and the consent of the people
he enacts legislation. Unfortunately, President Obama rode roughshod over the whole affair. Stimulos sprinkled 800 billion hither and yon. Didn't do damn thing to help the economy, or improve the infrastructure. Mostly pork. He left
it to Pelosi and Reid. Here is $ 800 billion, spend it.
Aside from your repetitive spelling errors....I've always noted your word wrap always has problems. Which word processor are you using?

Nice to hear you admit Obama is a leader though.

The problem is that you don't seem to realize the Presidency isn't a dictatorship.

The Republicans obstructed...and it's time that Party of NO has to go.
John Stuart Mill

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1448 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »

Lets say someone currently has $ 280K in stocks and government backed bonds socked away. Then we snap our fingers and that
$ 280K is sitting in front of them in a certified check , or 2800 one hundred dollar bills.

Here is the question. Two years from now is that person better off re-investing their money back where it is now, or would they be better off buying 82 1 oz. Gold Canadian Maples Leafs currently valued at $ 1700 each?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:01:35 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1449 on: November 30, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »

Obama was reelected. I consider it a travesty for the country. I was in the minority. Are those that supported Obama  happy? With Obama safely ensconced in the WH for the next 4 years do you see a brighter future? Sure is reassuring to see Obama's inspiring leadership in the "fiscal cliff" negotiations.

We're drowning in debt, digitally printing $ 40 billion per month, layoff and firing notices going out left and right, economy stagnant and going to fall back into recession. And Obama? He is hung up on additional revenues coming from tax rate hikes, not removing deductions. Isn't achieving more revenue your goal? Cut spending? Very important!! We'll get around to cutting spending later. But when? I'm President of the United States and I said later. Next question. Q: Are you going to be able to play basketball when you're on your 20 day vacation in Hawaii?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:44:41 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1450 on: December 06, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

Just saw on the business news today that you can buy a 10 year treasury bond paying 1.58 percent. So if you buy a $ 10,000 ten year bond it will pay you 1.58 percent, or $ 158.00 a year in interest. If you're a high roller, and we're talking $ 100K in 10 year bonds, we'd be talking a whopping $ 1,580. in interest per year. Of course less $ 237, or $ 316, depending on whether the investment taxes end up at 15% or 20%.  But I quibble. All in all it sounds like quite an investment opportunity to me.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:51:37 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1451 on: December 06, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »

That's almost as much as my checking account pays me!

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1452 on: December 06, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

That's almost as much as my checking account pays me!

Well Sammy your checking account most likely pays you nothing, while treasury bonds are much better because they pay you next to nothing. But frankly, I'd rather have my money in a non-interest bearing checking account than be stuck with a 10 year treasury bond paying me 1.58 % interest. People don't understand how the bond market works.

Without going into detail, people and other countries, are going to be reluctant to buy our treasuries. Why wouldn't they? Interest at 1.58 %, less taxes, isn't really an offer they can't refuse. Not to mention loaning money to a spendthrift country devaluing every dollar you loan them way beyond the interest rate you are being paid.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:37:55 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1453 on: December 06, 2012, 08:34:20 PM »

My checking account does not pay me nothing, but it does pay me next to nothing. Maybe Forsythia would have the answer to this predicament.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1454 on: December 06, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

Just saw on the business news today that you can buy a 10 year treasury bond paying 1.58 percent. So if you buy a $ 10,000 ten year bond it will pay you 1.58 percent, or $ 158.00 a year in interest. If you're a high roller, and we're talking $ 100K in 10 year bonds, we'd be talking a whopping $ 1,580. in interest per year. Of course less $ 237, or $ 316, depending on whether the investment taxes end up at 15% or 20%.  But I quibble. All in all it sounds like quite an investment opportunity to me.   

I used to buy the kids $100 10 year bonds for birthdays back when 10% to 14% was the return rate.  Stopped about the turn of the century when they dropped below 5%.
Support the local economy as much as possible!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 189   Go Up