MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 220   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 100205 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #1710 on: March 30, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1711 on: April 04, 2013, 09:45:37 PM »

This post veers off the topic, but a lot of what I post in this topic does now a days.  I guess I treat it more like a Blog. In any event I have a project in the works where I will have 12 - 8 x 10 nice picture frames hung on the living room wall with the picture of a person I admire with a famous quote, or quotes, of theirs beneath the picture.

I’ll give you a few examples. Hope you enjoy and appreciate them as much as I did.

“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

“Courage is being scared to death… but saddling up anyway.”

“I've always followed my father's advice: He told me, first to always keep my word, and second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. ”

“A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him.”

“I do not want the government to take away my human dignity and insure me anything more than a normal security. I don't want handouts.”

“I don't want ever to appear in a film that would embarrass a viewer. A man can take his wife, mother, and his daughter to one of my movies and never be ashamed or embarrassed for going.”

John Wayne -
-----

“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.”

“The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department.”

“Liberals seem to assume that, if you don’t believe in their political solutions, than you don’t care about the people they claim to want to help.”

Thomas Sowell -
-----

“If you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, you’ll never end up with a nag.”

“Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.”

Zig Ziglar -
-----

“If we ever we forget that we are One Nation Under God then we will be a nation gone under.”

“We should measure welfares success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.”

“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving subsidize it.”

“Governments first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

“Without God, democracy will not, and can not, long endure.”

“The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it’s just they know so much that isn’t so.”

“One sure way to make sure crime doesn’t pay would be to let the government run it.”

“If the Soviet Union let another political party come into existence they would still be a one-party state, because everybody would join the other party.”

Ronald Reagan -

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:52:34 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1712 on: April 04, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »

John,

Thanks for the quotes.

I am just struggling to understand when being a religious conservative made you a "azzhole" and it became a hate crime.

My favorite:

“If we ever we forget that we are One Nation Under God then we will be a nation gone under.”
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1713 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »

John,

Thanks for the quotes.

I am just struggling to understand when being a religious conservative made you a "azzhole" and it became a hate crime.

My favorite:

Well I believe you example is just one that divides America today. The liberal secular aggenda is in the ascendancy with
a growing number of uninformed and mind numbed supporters. On the other side are a smaller and shrinking number of folks that remember the basis upon which this country was founded. Those people I quoted represent the latter.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1714 on: April 04, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »

Well I believe you example is just one that divides America today. The liberal secular aggenda is in the ascendancy with
a growing number of uninformed and mind numbed supporters. On the other side are a smaller and shrinking number of folks that remember the basis upon which this country was founded. Those people I quoted represent the latter.

And we have a public education system that reinforces the liberal secular agenda, and shuts out the teaching of the principles on which the country was founded.

I am starting to think that ignorance really is bliss.

Growing up you heard about people being persecuted, tortured, and executed for spreading Christianity.  At the time it seemed like an abstract - something that happened in faraway lands, but could never happen in the United States. 

Now if you ask me at some point before I die I will be persecuted for my beliefs right here in Monroe County.

Why do I think the U.S.A. is on a decline?  Because we are not following our founding principals, and we are not doing God pleasing things.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1715 on: April 05, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

We arent done yet.  I believe we will be 'done' whan I have to wear a sidearm to walk the dog.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1716 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »

If that happens ScF, tell the catwoman to scoot over, I'm moving in with people who have the BIG guns! LOL

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1717 on: April 06, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »

We arent done yet.  I believe we will be 'done' whan I have to wear a sidearm to walk the dog.

What are you talking about?  I do that now!   ;)
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1718 on: April 06, 2013, 09:20:02 AM »

I think we'll be done when I take the M14 and a couple of hand grenades when I go out to walk the dog....

And the dog is a highly trained to sniff out bombs....
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #1719 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:47 AM »

I think we'll be done when I take the M14 and a couple of hand grenades when I go out to walk the dog....

And the dog is a highly trained to sniff out bombs....

What are you talking about?  I do that now!   ;D
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1720 on: April 06, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »

What are you talking about?  I do that now!   ;D

LOL!

I would too but the other people out walking would keep calling the cops on me....  and I would get nothing done except B.S. with cops.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1721 on: May 23, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »

I didn’t vote for the chairman of the Federal Reserve, much less  any of the members of the Federal Reserve board. So how come these people are at the helm
of steering our economy? Some would say they are grabbing the economic reins because the government is dysfunctional and hapless to provide direction.

There is no argument about the government’s role. They tax the sustenance from the private sector and burden it with rafts of regulations. No help coming there.
Thing is an American Free Enterprise economy should prosper, or falter, based on the work effort and the brain power of the people. If we work hard and are smart we prosper. If we slack off and coast mentally we don’t prosper. The government now undermines both these principles.

Into the void comes the Federal Reserve.  Knowing what I know about the Federal Reserve I’m not happy one bit. These sum bitches piled on Bush II tax cuts with lower interest rates, much lower. And kept them there for a long time. The housing bubble was growing fast, too fast, much too fast. The Federal Reserve, not wanting to be the turd in the punchbowl didn’t turn off the spigot. Big banks, their sole clients, were making real good money. When things went severely south and the bottom fell out the Federal Reserve , along with a minor financial assist from the Federal Government (using tax dollars), bailed out the Big Banks. As for the folks?
Well, we got the shaft. More debt and our dollars devalued.

Fortunately, the Federal Reserve is now reformed. They are now printing money so the Federal Government can borrow money printed out of thin air at a zero interest rate. Great for politicians. And the Big Banks can borrow printed dollars from the Federal Reserve for practically nothing. It is a wonderful thing. And the folks? Well we’re still getting the shaft.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:38:30 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1722 on: May 24, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »

LOL!

I would too but the other people out walking would keep calling the cops on me....  and I would get nothing done except B.S. with cops.

Like Michigan's open carry law.  I'd sure like to wear my pistol while out walking my dog, problem is, everyone would call the cops....lol
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1723 on: May 24, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

Like Michigan's open carry law.  I'd sure like to wear my pistol while out walking my dog, problem is, everyone would call the cops....lol

I would think everyone would know you in your neighborhood?

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1724 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:15 PM »

Leading up to President Obama being elected in 2008 one of the arguments against him was his complete lack of any experience whatsoever at running anything. Well that argument didn't resonate  and Obama was elected. He became Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces. Would you hire a guy with Obama's qualifications to be CIC?  Well we did! Would you hire a guy that has no experience in the private sector economy to revive the private sector economy after a crash? Well we did.

Under Obama we have an incompetent State Department that left a post exposed, and it gets overrun. People die. Obama is gonna make sure it doesn't happen again. Justice department is tapping into the phone lines at AP. Upon learning of this activity, Obama wants a law to protect against such abuse. I could go on, and on.

All these things are going wrong, but Obama wasn't aware of them until the sheep hits the fan. Then when he does belatedly become aware, he assures us he will fix them so it never happens again. Well frankly, if Obama knows what actions need to be taken so these things never happen again, how come he didn't implement them before they happened in the first place?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:10:58 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 220   Go Up