MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 274540 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6015 on: June 12, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »

I wouldn’t give those “ Kneelers “ one damn thing.

They’re nothing but overpaid, pampered, game players.
There are enough entertainment venues that we don’t need the NFL.
At least, I don’t need them.

Come on Nails. Make them put up or shut up. What Trump is proposing puts the ball in their court. He asks them to submit names for his consideration and then (I say) he asks that they then help their friends successfully transition back into society. That's how it's done. How can they refuse? If they were to reject him they'd be toast. All hat (or kneels) and no cattle.   
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6016 on: June 12, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »

John arent there a significant number of people with no earned income but get a refund?  Never understood that. If you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get anything refunded

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6017 on: June 13, 2018, 08:35:38 AM »

The POTUS has more important things to do than listen to a bunch of whiney ball players. Besides, where does it end.
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6018 on: June 14, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »

John arent there a significant number of people with no earned income but get a refund?  Never understood that. If you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get anything refunded

Blue2:

I think what you're speaking of is the earned income tax credit. And it isn't a matter where people had no income, they just were not making much. The idea is these folks need a money boost from government, otherwise they may just say the heck with it and go on welfare. Government tweaking things to make things perfect.

Long ago the folks here were lean and mean. They were motivated by a reality that said if you don't work, you don't eat. And man this country grew like a weed. We created wealth like had never been seen before. Things have changed.   

Bottom line is the Trump tax cuts didn't benefit the earned income tax credit folks, they got what they normally do, no more.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:30:44 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6019 on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:21 PM »

Was reading up on Mo. Senate race. Dem Senator McCaskill is up for re-election. Below is something she said about the Trump tax cuts that I want to discuss.

“It’s a debt-inducing, make-rich-people-richer tax bill that in the long run is not going to be helpful to the vast majority of people in my state that are sitting around the kitchen table trying to figure out how [to] come out even at the end of the month.”
— Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), quoted in HuffPost, Jan. 9, 2018

The top 10% of earners pay 80% of income taxes. The top 20% pay 94.8% of income taxes. Stands to reason if we cut tax rates these folks are going to benefit the most. Now Dems in general say this isn’t right, these evil rich people need to pay their fair share! This drives me nuts.

Now we still have the remaining 30% of the wage earners that pay the remaining 5.2% of income taxes paid. They got a tax cut too. Maybe not as much individually as the top 20%, but a nice surprise. The bottom 50% didn’t get an income tax cut. But if you didn’t pay any income taxes how can they be reduced?

Then there’s the “fair share” routine. If 50% of the folks paid nothing,
and the other 50% picked up the whole tab, how can any member of  those paying the whole tab be accused of not paying their fair share?

So Clair is ticked because the income tax cut didn’t help those who paid no income tax. Ok. What does she propose? Should we increase income taxes on those already paying the whole tab so we have money to  give the bottom 50%? That sounds fair? Many of the bottom 50% think so.
She’s counting on them. 

Next post I’ll talk about business tax cuts she ignored, and the debt-inducing part of her post.

So now I want to discuss the business tax cuts she ignored , and the debt inducing part of her post.

How is it bad when businesses, large and small, get to keep a greater share of their profits? After all, they earned them. If they're ripping people off it won't take long for the folks to take them down. Yet Clair and company tells us Trump tax cuts are giving them something they don't deserve, more of their own money. I'll continue later.   
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6020 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »

He is just trying to shed the racist tag, which proves he is a racist.

Everyone knows that pardons are to be sold to the highest bidder.

Isn't that what the Clinton's and Obama's did?

MN:

"He is just trying to shed the racist tag, which proves he is a racist." Really?
Sounds like something you'd hear on MSLSD, not from you. Yet Trump is taking on the racism chant of the leftists. Hell, it doesn't matter who the (R) President is, the left will call them a racist. The difference is Trump doesn't take it laying down, like Bush did. Why not? What does he have to lose? He may not make a dent with the leftist MSM, but his actions, or antics if you will, will filter down to the to the black folks on the street. It will catch their attention and some of them will start saying right on!

Let's say I'm right and Trump gets say 15% or more of the black vote in 2020? Dems would panic. If the "racist" chant is losing its appeal where do they go? If they back policies that would actually benefit blacks they'd have to go against the big city teachers unions, the government welfare "deep state" bureaucracies and other entrenched beneficiaries of the welfare state. Which ever way they lean they'd be screwed.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:33:31 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6021 on: June 15, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »

Some blacks are seeing the light. There are a number of them I talk with at the gym. They don't necessarily say they like Trump but they are beginning to see that their life situation is already better.
And they no longer bad mouth just republican's. They are beginning to see faults in all politicians

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6022 on: June 15, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »

Some blacks are seeing the light. There are a number of them I talk with at the gym. They don't necessarily say they like Trump but they are beginning to see that their life situation is already better.
And they no longer bad mouth just republican's. They are beginning to see faults in all politicians

There you go. It's a start.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6023 on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »

I kinda feel sorry for Paul Manafort, former campaign manager for Trump. Special Counsel Mueller is gradually grinding him into the dirt, with both jack boots. Starting now Paul is going to await his Sept. trial in jail.

Now Paul is far from being as pure as the driven snow. Appears he was playing fast and loose some 10 years back in advising the Russian leaning Ukraine government. Especially when it came to his compensation.   

Yet, if I remember correctly, Paul was looked at some years back and no charges were filed. It doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of malfeasance, it probably meant the Justice Department didn't think it was worth the time and resources to pursue it. They had other fish to fry.   

Then Paul made what could be literally a fatal mistake. He agreed to become Trumps campaign manager. He lasted 49 days in that position. Because of that decision he became a target, a big target, of Mueller. Now time and resources didn't matter, all hands on deck, get him, get him, get him! They're going to get him, and it most likely means he'll spend the rest of his life in jail. He's 69, even a 20 year sentence would be a life sentence. Maybe he deserves it.

So here is my bottom line. Mueller is conducting a witch hunt, he has no evidence of Trump/Russian collusion, which supposedly was his mandate. Yet none of his indictments of Trump associates has anything whatsoever to do with collusion. 

Meanwhile, anyone with "D" next to their name, no matter how egregious their crimes, gets a pass. Big time! I say we either pardon Manafort, or indict
and convict Hillary and numerous others in the deep state Obama FBI, Obama Justice Department and Obama Intelligence departments. Their crimes were much worse. Selective justice isn't justice. Maybe Paul should declare he's seen the light and become a Democrat, whereby all charges would be dropped.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:31:19 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6024 on: June 16, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »

I always thought there was a "Deep State" but was naive to think that it didn't exist at the level of the way I interpreted what I read on the IG report.  I have never been "all in" on DJT but wow do I respect his ability to defend and fight so many including the media, opposition party, and his own party.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6025 on: June 16, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »

I always thought there was a "Deep State" but was naive to think that it didn't exist at the level of the way I interpreted what I read on the IG report.  I have never been "all in" on DJT but wow do I respect his ability to defend and fight so many including the media, opposition party, and his own party.

And in between doing all that....  he has actually accomplished a few positive things for the country!

Amazing!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6026 on: June 16, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »

And in between doing all that....  he has actually accomplished a few positive things for the country!

Amazing!

MN:

And yet you wrote, "He is just trying to shed the racist tag, which proves he is a racist." So you're on board with Trump being a racist if he does some positive things? Seems to me like you better splain yourself. Starting with your charge that Trump is a racist.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:08:50 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6027 on: June 17, 2018, 06:49:44 AM »

I guess you could call me a racist too if it's because I don't like what people do that's unethical and illegal.  Some are black so I'm a racist for not liking them.
What am I when its white people that do the same illegal and unethical things and I don't like them?

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6028 on: June 17, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »

Hate to break anyone's bubble but we are all racist to some degree,  Some more than others.  Blacks are just as racist as everyone else.  Some more than others.  Sharpton and Jackson come right to mind.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6029 on: June 17, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »

You missed Eric Holder..He belongs on that list
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403   Go Up