MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 306348 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6255 on: November 05, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »

My take is, with Social Security, participation isn't voluntary so payment are't either.  You pay in, you get it back no matter what you are worth.  Worth has nothing to do with it.

Side,

A little while ago I'm defending all income tax payers, regardless of their wealth status, deserving of a tax cut when tax rates are reduced. The Dems talk about the unfairness of the wealthy getting a tax reduction even though they pay the majority of income taxes. So where does that leave me when arguing these same wealthy, and the pretty well off, get their SS and Medicare benefits yanked after paying in all their lives. Cornered.

Listen, I'll be the first to say it isn't fair, because it isn't. But Lord in Heaven what happens a decade or so from now when these programs implode? They talk about only paying 75% of what the government pays now. Add that to the fact the Federal Reserve has the monetary system so screwed up people aren't able to generate a decent return on their savings. Oh I know the stock market is way up, but most folks don't have a decent portfolio, and what happens when the current Federal Reserve debt bubble crashes the market this time?

And when the market crashes this next time private and public pensions are going to implode. Well the more I go on and on, the more I realize I don't know what hell should be done other than to buy a farm so that you can feed yourself and hope you can defend the perimeter.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:35:52 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6256 on: November 05, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »

All of a sudden the Dems, the leftist polls,  and their MSM allies, are talking the quest for the majority in the congress will be tight. What changed? It wasn't all that long ago when they told us it was in the bag, it was just a matter of how big they'd win. While I didn't give them much credence because I believed they were trying to suppress Republican turnout like they always do, a lost cause don't you know, they typically start hedging their bets the nearer the election. Especially the mostly leftist pollsters, that as usual, start to get real knowing they don't want to lose what little credibility they have left after their telling us the certainty of crooked Hillary's election.

Frankly, I think they have a pretty good shot at the house. A lot of puke chairman of committees decided to retire rather than have to be just a regular grunt. So the pukes had to come up with a whole bunch of first time  candidates to defend the seats. And given that incumbents win like 97% of the time this didn't bode well generally speaking.

All I can say is anecdotally, my brother, not historically a consistent voter, was really fired up to vote for Trump, and is still fired up to vote for the pukes in the mid-term to help support him.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6257 on: November 05, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »

While campaigning in SF Nancy Pelosi said this election is about SF values.
Fine, things are great as long as you don't step in human feces as you walk along the streets of SF, and so on. So come on Tim H. let's have a discussion on why your leader believes SF values are American values.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6258 on: November 05, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

Louis Farrakhan visits Iran and joins in with Death to America chants. Can we see the 2005 photo with Obama grinning next to Farrakhan? You know the photo the MSM media buried until "after" Obama left office.
John Kopke

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6259 on: November 05, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »

Well, who's fired up tonight? Sorry, didn't mean to butt in.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6260 on: November 06, 2018, 07:18:27 AM »

I'm fired up.

It's the Michigan Basketball home opener!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6261 on: November 06, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »

Not that I was a Michigan women's BB fan but I am now.  And assistant and the director of player personnel sat behind me Sat for most of the football game.  They had a bunch of recruits in for the game. My daughter chatted with them for a good while but I was't paying attention.  She later told me who they were.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6262 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:04 PM »

You can butt in anytime you want...

I'm fired up over the lack of almost constant political pandering and lies.  I still chuckle about Zorn and his 'It's about the people, not politics' slogan.  What a crock of unadulterated swill.  That fat whale don't give a hoot about his constitutients, only his easy paycheck and pension paid for by the taxpayers.

I don't get to watch the tube on weekdays.  That is all about CL and her home improvement network.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6263 on: November 06, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

MSU football seems ' about done' to me.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6264 on: November 06, 2018, 10:42:10 PM »

There is a chance Sparty comes alive again Sat against the suckeyes..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6265 on: November 07, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »

There is a chance Sparty comes alive again Sat against the suckeyes..

Everyone else has given the Suckeyes a run.

Why not Sparty?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6266 on: November 07, 2018, 11:09:08 AM »

The suckeyes, that's terrible, but true.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6267 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:28 PM »

Bunch of races now in recount. Look bad for Pukes. Dems always seem to "find" votes after the vote.
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6268 on: November 09, 2018, 08:22:49 AM »

Seems like they have found close to 100,000 more in a couple of counties in Fla and they'll prob all be for the democrat.  Even with both parties represented in election boards, I don't trust a lot of them anymore to run a clean operation..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:24:23 AM by blue2 »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6269 on: November 09, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »

Bunch of races now in recount. Look bad for Pukes. Dems always seem to "find" votes after the vote.

Don't you find that interesting??  This country is generally focked up.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419   Go Up