MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 446   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 349755 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6525 on: April 13, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »

The welfare state is seductive. Get a check for nothing.

Well, while I decry the welfare state today, I have to say there was a time where I dipped my beak. In late 90's I was out of job. It was February. I had 3 months unemployment coming. Worked for someone off the books at the same time. Making darn near what I did when I had a job. Getting near the end of my 3 months I started to focus on getting a job. Then they extended unemployment benefits another 3 months. New plan. It's the beginning of June.
Wonderful summer. Got 3 more months of unemployment, that will take me through summer. Had an absolutely wonderful summer.

Then the 3 month extension in unemployment checks was down to the last check coming in in two weeks. I had a job lined up shortly thereafter. Any questions?

John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6526 on: April 13, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »

You should never admit to embezzlement on a public forum..... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6527 on: April 14, 2019, 11:46:20 AM »

I would be grateful with morsels of food or aid if it meant a matter of lfe or death to my children or me. I don't see anyone that could argue against that. What I find absolutely unacceptable is anybody coming to this illegally country and gaming the system because they can.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:42:11 PM by whispers »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6528 on: April 14, 2019, 08:33:49 PM »

I would be grateful with morsels of food or aid if it meant a matter of lfe or death to my children or me. I don't see anyone that could argue against that. What I find absolutely unacceptable is anybody coming to this illegally and gaming the system because they can.

It's human nature to "game the system" to get the best perceived deal for yourself.

It's why Capitalism works so well.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6529 on: April 14, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »

Yeah I know that too, but it burns me to no end to see it occur especially by those who have vested interest or loyalty to this country. I did some volunteer poll challenge work up in Dearborn during the mid-term election and I was disgusted with what I seen. It was as though I stepped into a third world country and out out my own.

Lawyers representing Michigan Republican party and the police were called in due to things going on there.

During the 2016 general election there were issues in Detroit as usual. Poll challengers were once again called up and asked to be prepared to go up there to do a recount if needed. That is going through all the ballot by hand to ensure the same ink and handwriting penmanship did not appear on more than ballot and that they were properly counted and that the sequential serial numbers on the ballots matched the register. 

There are no cameras allowed in election polls everywhere in Michigan except for Dearborn. There were people who claimed  a right to be there to film allowed to walk around and video record us.  I seen people walking with ballots and discussing them with others and people mingling and loitering at the ballot.

Many people voting needed interpeters who couldn't read or speak any English. There were people standing inside and outside offering to [wink wink] read and interpret otherwise as assist them if they would claim to be a relative.

Totally out of control and you see the result. When the police were called they arrived four at a time.     

This country is in real dangerof being led by foreigners if people do not wake up and participate with something everyone should see as their civic duty to volunteer to give some time help poll watch and challenge some of these people who should not be voting and to ensure election rules and laws are followed.   

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6530 on: April 14, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »

I recall that one - or more - Detroit Precincts recorded more votes than voters in the not so distant past.

It was found during the recount.

Nothing happened.

Nothing.

Boggles the mind.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6531 on: April 15, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »

I recall that one - or more - Detroit Precincts recorded more votes than voters in the not so distant past.

It was found during the recount.

Nothing happened.

Nothing.

Boggles the mind.

I remember that too.  Swept under the rug with the rest of the Democrat trash.  Rug has a helluva lump under it..... ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6532 on: April 15, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »

I cannot wait for a Yabba-Dabba president who enacts Sharia law.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6533 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:24 PM »

I remember that too.  Swept under the rug with the rest of the Democrat trash.  Rug has a helluva lump under it..... ;D

And that was with a Republican Governor and Republican Sec of State.

Next time - they will do even more. 

Everyone will vote 3 or 4 times.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6534 on: April 15, 2019, 08:44:10 PM »

This idea of sending the illegals to sanctuary cities. I like it. Why not. These folks are for open borders. Open borders mean 100's of thousands of illegals are released into our country. Well under "current" policy where do these released illegals go? Do they make a case for asylum, get scheduled for a hearing in two years, and then walk out of the detention center into the
hot Texas sun? Do all these "newly released" find themselves standing in Texas and then percolate on their own throughout the country? I don't know. Do you? Wherever they end up the citizens of the local will have to deal with them. If Monroe County doesn't want to cover the costs of integrating a couple thousand illegals settling here we may be evil, but from the first we said our country should only have legal immigration. Legal immigrants come here and can take care of themselves. All they want is an opportunity, not a welfare check.       
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6535 on: April 16, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »

I like it too.  Problem is the lying, cheating Dems don't.  The old worn out premise of do as I say but not what I do adage.  Far as I'm concerned, the Dems are 19 idiots lined up to have Trump wail on their sorry butts.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6536 on: April 16, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »

I wasn't fond of Synder either. I spoke with a delegate about that, and I walked away with the impression that very few in the party cared for him either but he was forced down their throat. He was democrat in every sense of the word and had money and bore the title of Republican and he was nominated and elected on the heels of Granholm.

Like a few other Rinos of the party he burned his bridges and did nothing help or support or tutor a strong viable replacement thus handed the office back over to the Dems without much fanfare. If you haven't already noticed these type of people have a very similar pathology.

We lesser people are excluded from office by virtue of money or lack thereof. We need more good common-sense people capable of weathering the storm willing to stand and fight for the people, for what is right and just.

They come in beholden to money and owing favors to contributors and corporate agendas. They wreak havoc when they do not get their way and leave like wind blown dust to let others clean up their mess and Paul Ryan former speaker of the House in another one that comes to mind, Romney, Flake, McCain and others all the same.

They cannot take a blow, and when those people are challenged they pucker up and cower under heat and loose their testosterone, their eggs shrivel up but they will not stand and fight back.  They're not in the game for the poeple's business they're in it for themselves. They are elected by money and do not have leadership qualities of a true statesman of stateswoman. 

That is what I found so refreshing about Donald Trump. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:38:04 PM by whispers »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6537 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »

+10 on DJT.  Already rich and successful and don't play the game, why the Democrud's hate him.  Our new governor is the pinnacle of playing the game.  Going to be a bad 4 years and Nessel is a turd too.  In fact, everyone she has appointed is a turd.  At least she is consistent, consistently bad.

Whitless leading the blind.  There is a slogan for the governor to wrap her slimy arms around.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6538 on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »

Did you watch Bernie town hall on Fox. Crowd seemed to be supporters, but that makes sense. Deal appears to be have Bret and Martha of Fox moderate a Bernie town hall.
Whatever.

I thought Leftists were against playing dodge ball. Bernie paid income taxes at the effective rate of 26%. Martha asked what rate he had pushed for the wealthy in order to "pay their fair" share, including himself. He said 52%. She then asked (my words) why he didn't voluntarily pay the 52% rate to pay his fair share. He answers. Well why don't you ask Donald Trump why he didn't pay..... and how about those McDonald's quarter pounders with cheese? And so it went.

Asked about paying for his Government Run National Healthcare. He says you taxes would go up, but remember you won't have any premiums, co-pays or deductibles. It's free when you need healthcare. Well maybe you won't be writing a check then, but you will be every April 15th, and it will be a big one.

And think about this. Lets say you're a Ford worker making $ 60K per year, Ford also pays into your private pension and spends $ 1500 per month to pay for your health insurance.
With Bernie care the Governments got you covered. Ford will no longer have to shell out
$ 1500 per month to cover your health insurance. Of course Bernie will push to get that money through higher corporate taxes, but Ford doesn't spend big money on lobbying and campaign contributions for nothing. Bernie may get some small fraction of that money, but mostly he be looking at the folks. You know the ones that only have a single vote. For those who pay no taxes its great, they like free stuff. A little bit better deal for them, and the shaft to the hard working Ford employee.

Think about it. That Ford worker had Ford paying $ 18K per year to cover his health insurance. Now taxpayers would cover the cost. Unfortunately, the Ford worker pays taxes.
Well, with Bernie's plan, that Ford worker will pay noticeably higher taxes to cover his 
healthcare. Lets say it's "only" $ 9k more in taxes per year to cover his Gov. Insurance.
Whoa! It only costs half as much as Ford was paying. But the Ford guy says wait a cotton picking minute. Before it was Ford paying $ 18k a year for top notch coverage, and now "I'm"
paying $ 9k of my own money for less than mediocre coverage. How is the Ford guy better off? I'll answer the easy ones. He isn't, not by a long shot.

You calculate the numbers and the guy basically took a $ 27k hit so Bernie could provide him with lousy free healthcare.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:00:07 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6539 on: April 17, 2019, 09:33:20 PM »

It isn't about people that work and have coverage.

Heck - it isn't even about people without coverage.

It is all about how much power you can get over both.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 446   Go Up