MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 356811 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6795 on: July 21, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »

I would say the cause is your power grid isn't up to the task.

Sounds like a brown out to me.

Fortunately Liberals have directed the utilities to make massive investments into things like renewable energies, and the regulators have limited the increases in rates they can make, so you get what you get.

Just wait until electric cars are in almost every garage and everyone is 'plugged in'.  You think you have a 'brown out now', will be a real brown out then.

Typical America, don't fix the cause, just add to the issue.  The grid needs serious work but why bother.  Just apply a band aid when necessary.

Just think about renewable energy like wind and solar.  If the wind isn't blowing, no power and if the sun isn't shining, no power again.  Humans lack the ability to see down the road.

Don't need ac today anyway.  It's nice outside, open the windows and let the flies in....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6796 on: July 21, 2019, 09:42:21 AM »

Just wait until electric cars are in almost every garage and everyone is 'plugged in'.  You think you have a 'brown out now', will be a real brown out then.

Typical America, don't fix the cause, just add to the issue.  The grid needs serious work but why bother.  Just apply a band aid when necessary.

Just think about renewable energy like wind and solar.  If the wind isn't blowing, no power and if the sun isn't shining, no power again.  Humans lack the ability to see down the road.

Don't need ac today anyway.  It's nice outside, open the windows and let the flies in....

I'm actually starting to see that some automakers are starting to realize that every electric car comes equipped with a giant, portable, stand by battery, and they are getting smart enough to understand that they need to offer chargers that will allow you to both charge the car and to backfeed current into the house at peak times and for outages.

A bunch of people with electric cars could actually become a giant source of energy storage, with the capability to power businesses and homes during peak times, and charge them during non-peak times.

So - electric cars may become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6797 on: July 21, 2019, 10:32:23 AM »

I guess the auto makers could make the roof of your vehicle a solar panel to charge up the battery..Then when you get it in the garage you could feed the excess to your house.   But as Side says if the sun ain't shinning there won't be much power..  Maybe they could put windmills on top of the antennas that don't exist anymore but they could bring them back...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:29:26 AM by blue2 »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454]   Go Up