MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > We're All But Done

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467   Go Down

Author Topic: We're All But Done  (Read 382783 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: We're All But Done
« Reply #6975 on: November 25, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »

Trump to shrewed for most of those politicians.  They keep forgetting he was a business man in a blood and guts world, not Wash DC where they make their own rules to suit their needs.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6976 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »

Dems picked up 43 seats in congress in 2018 and took over the house. 31 of those seats were in districts Trump carried in 2016. Part of the reason Dems were able to pick off some of those 31 seats was there were a big number of incumbent pukes who retired. I expect they didn't like Trump shaking things up and expecting things to actually get done. Time to cash out. Everybody knows incumbents win like 90% of time so having to run rookie pukes lessened the odds substantially. Then the Dem opponents were moderates, not progressive flamethrowers.

Now it seems likely those 31 Dem rookies are going to have to vote yeah or nay on impeaching Trump. If they vote to impeach Trump they solidify their support with their Dem base. Problem is the evidence forming the basis for an impeach vote is thin gruel and independents and Republicans who aren't drinking the cool aid know it. They'll lose vital support from independents. If they vote against impeachment their Dem constituents will primary them. They have no choice.

Then they have to explain how their being elected as part of new Dem majority in the house benefited the country. I don't think the 2018 platform they ran on solely revolved around efforts to take down the President, but that's what the Dem house majority they became part of delivered, and nothing else. And I mean nothing else. So good luck making a pitch for re-election on that record, you'll need it.

John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6977 on: November 26, 2019, 08:02:02 PM »

A few of those are from Michigan.

Miss "I saved the Auto Industry" and Slotkin.

Both claimed to be "different" and said they were going to get stuff done.

As far as I can tell they haven't done anything but obstruct and go after Trump.

I wish them luck in the re-election campaigns.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6978 on: November 27, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »

John I agree with your analysis...A lot of repukes bailed because they knew they couldn't continue their scam while Trump was President.  They were told to tow the line and not play like democrats.
And I think American voters always look to keep the balance of power.  There are a couple of times one party had total control but the voters don't allow it to continue long.  This time around they may be fed up with politics and vote the dems out..  At least I hope so..

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6979 on: November 27, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »

Ever since Dems lost the 2016 election they have been out to destroy this President. There I said it. They aren't the patriotic opposition offering forth their governing ideas for the betterment of the country in contrast to those of the President. Win the battle of ideas so to speak. No they want to eviscerate the President and all those who support him, you know, the smelly, uneducated, racist, homophobic, fascist rabble inhabiting fly over country.

I think the thing that's really got them worked up is the Tea Party spirit is once again rising up against what they consider tyranny. We want our elected leaders to do what is best for the country and we the people. That's our message. Their strategy appears to be destroy the opposition and take power.
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6980 on: November 27, 2019, 08:23:15 PM »

From my above post.

"No they want to eviscerate the President and all those who support him, you know, the smelly, uneducated, racist, homophobic, fascist rabble inhabiting fly over country."

Dems tell us Trump is dividing the country. So I guess if we elect a Dem president in 2020 we won't be divided anymore. So when they were calling us smelly, racist etc. etc., loser Trump supporters prior to the election, they were actually making a pitch for unity after the election. I understand, never mind all that.

John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6981 on: November 30, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »

A few of those are from Michigan.

Miss "I saved the Auto Industry" and Slutkin.

Both claimed to be "different" and said they were going to get stuff done.

As far as I can tell they haven't done anything but obstruct and go after Trump.

I wish them luck in the re-election campaigns.

Fixed it for you...... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6982 on: December 02, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »

Check out this blurb from a piece in Politico:

---------------------
News organizations reacted warily to the Trump campaign's announcement Monday that it will no longer credential Bloomberg News reporters for campaign events in response to the outlet’s decision not to investigate its owner, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, or his Democratic rivals for president.

Trump Campaign manager Brad Parscale said the move, which Bloomberg News said would ensure equal footing for each Democratic candidate, indicated a bias against Trump because the outlet would continue to cover him critically while going easy on his Democratic rivals.
--------------------

I mean come on! Mr. Bloomberg, “in order to be fair“, won’t have his massive media empire investigate fellow Dem primary opponents (or himself for that matter),  but it will continue to cover Trump critically.

Hey, wouldn’t that be an illegal “in kind” campaign contribution by the empire? How much is it worth to Bloomberg the candidate, and his fellow Dem candidates. to have Bloomberg’s massive media empire lay off them and constantly bash Trump. Well I guess there’s what’s fair, and what Dems consider fair. The important thing is Trump gets the shaft.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6983 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:28 AM »

Check out this blurb from a piece in Politico:

---------------------
News organizations reacted warily to the Trump campaign's announcement Monday that it will no longer credential Bloomberg News reporters for campaign events in response to the outlet’s decision not to investigate its owner, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, or his Democratic rivals for president.

Trump Campaign manager Brad Parscale said the move, which Bloomberg News said would ensure equal footing for each Democratic candidate, indicated a bias against Trump because the outlet would continue to cover him critically while going easy on his Democratic rivals.
--------------------

I mean come on! Mr. Bloomberg, “in order to be fair“, won’t have his massive media empire investigate fellow Dem primary opponents (or himself for that matter),  but it will continue to cover Trump critically.

Hey, wouldn’t that be an illegal “in kind” campaign contribution by the empire? How much is it worth to Bloomberg the candidate, and his fellow Dem candidates. to have Bloomberg’s massive media empire lay off them and constantly bash Trump. Well I guess there’s what’s fair, and what Dems consider fair. The important thing is Trump gets the shaft.

Come on John....

Bloomberg is out to protect all of us from Climate Change, scary black guns, and soft drinks that he considers too large.

This is the guy we all need to make sure that we can't hurt ourselves.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6984 on: December 03, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »

Have no issue with their decision, after all, it's there right to make it.  Bloomberg is just a fat cat wack job anyway.  Old Bloomers would like nothing better than to be Pres so he could make this country into a third world hovel and reap the monetary rewards, just like Tom Steyer.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6985 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:31 AM »

Have no issue with their decision, after all, it's there right to make it.  Bloomberg is just a fat cat wack job anyway.  Old Bloomers would like nothing better than to be Pres so he could make this country into a third world hovel and reap the monetary rewards, just like Tom Steyer.

Yeah - which billionaire will the Democrats chose from I wonder?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6986 on: December 03, 2019, 09:28:42 AM »

Americans have proven they don't appreciate honest politicians.  Rudy Giuliani as mayor of NYC cleaned up corruption, made the city safer and eliminated a lot of the homeless situations.  So what do they do next but to elect a damn Democrat who even bilked them into a third term and undid everything Giuliani did.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6987 on: December 03, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »

Americans have proven they don't appreciate honest politicians.  Rudy Giuliani as mayor of NYC cleaned up corruption, made the city safer and eliminated a lot of the homeless situations.  So what do they do next but to elect a damn Democrat who even bilked them into a third term and undid everything Giuliani did.

From Bloombergs commercial it sounded like he took over a disaster in NYC
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6988 on: December 03, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »

From Bloombergs commercial it sounded like he took over a disaster in NYC

Bloomers is nothing but a rich turd in a suit.

I see Kamala Harris dripped (dropped) out.  Another turd bit the toilet bowl.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6989 on: December 03, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »

Yeah - which billionaire will the Democrats chose from I wonder?

I'll bet Lying Liz gets the nod.  Liawatha for Pres.  Has a nice ring to it.  Bet the sheeple will like it.  With Liz, everything is free.  Problem is, that free balloon depends on tax dollars and like I maintain, without tax dollars not coming in, America goes tits up fast.

You can print all you want to but with nothing to back it up, it's just fiat currency not that it hasn't been since we abolished the gold standard.

Tens on a roll will be the new standard if any of those clowns manage to get in.  Life will become extremely cheap real quick.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467   Go Up