MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Gasoline Prices

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Gasoline Prices  (Read 51217 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Gasoline Prices
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

Higher gas prices... brought to you by the Fed and Quantitative Easing.

Sort of...

I take it as more of supply and demand.  We demand it and they supply it.  This country operates on petroleum products and will for the foreseeable future, despite any aspirations or 'new technology' that might be put forth.

We (as a country) aren't going to suddenly stop, if gas prices spike to whatever.  It will slow economic growth but it goes back to the 'gotta have it' syndrome and people, in general, in this country don't believe or want to use alternative forms of transportation.....  like walking or riding a bicycle.  It's beneath them.  Much better to jump in the SUV for a trip to the local burger joint to gorge themselves on cholesterol laden food and continue on their sedentary course.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:57 PM »

$3.34 in Toledo at Meijers on Alexis this afternoon.

$3.45 @ Cabelas.    >:(

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »

I fear it will get much worse before this gets better.  Speculators acting out of tensions in the Middle East...more tension than normal I should say.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 07:48:21 PM »

I'm not ACCEPTING it, but I AM expecting $5.00 + -/gal. . . . . and soon 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 08:08:53 PM »

Yup....not going to be much of a surprise to see that by Memorial Day.

I noticed while going through my year end credit card billings for gasoline that I had a couple at 70 to 80 bucks.....those were while I was in Europe.  I was driving an Open Astra....about a 14 gallon tank.

Can't imagine what it is over there now.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Baby Hitler

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

Higher gas prices... brought to you by the Fed and Quantitative Easing.
Seriously? And it has nothing to do with the current trouble in the middle east? Egypt, Libya? Nothing at all? 8*

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 11:06:04 PM »

It's interesting but gasoline prices seem to mirror the scrap metal market or vice-versa.

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »

Yup....not going to be much of a surprise to see that by Memorial Day.

I noticed while going through my year end credit card billings for gasoline that I had a couple at 70 to 80 bucks.....those were while I was in Europe.  I was driving an Open Astra....about a 14 gallon tank.

Can't imagine what it is over there now.

I was in Southern France last month and paid about $7.25/gallon for gasoline.  Today, it looks like it is about $7.50.  Diesel is a little cheaper, but still around 7 bucks.

Didn’t see too many SUV’s and no Escalade/Navigator-sized vehicles at all.  Lots of small cars and people riding trains and buses.  Tons of Fiat 500s and Smart Cars.  The more of those Fiats I see, the more I like them.  I hope they do well in the U.S.  The gas prices can only help.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »

I was in Southern France last month and paid about $7.25/gallon for gasoline.  Today, it looks like it is about $7.50.  Diesel is a little cheaper, but still around 7 bucks.

Didn’t see too many SUV’s and no Escalade/Navigator-sized vehicles at all.  Lots of small cars and people riding trains and buses.  Tons of Fiat 500s and Smart Cars.  The more of those Fiats I see, the more I like them.  I hope they do well in the U.S.  The gas prices can only help.

Europe still has the "City" life, you can walk to the essential places.
Buses and trains connecting Cities.   A while back I was enjoying a talk with a younger German Girl at a gentleman's establishment in Kentucky and she said they all have the smaller cars so it's not an issue - but a small car around all our large SUVs made her feel unsafe.
BTW she also said that in Germany places like she worked wouldn't make it - as they wouldn't pay for something they can see anyplace.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

Didn’t see too many SUV’s and no Escalade/Navigator-sized vehicles at all.  Lots of small cars and people riding trains and buses.  Tons of Fiat 500s and Smart Cars.  The more of those Fiats I see, the more I like them.  I hope they do well in the U.S.   The gas prices can only help.

Not I, especially after Marchonni's comments last month.  Frigg'in Euro junk

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Well it will be interesting to watch how many kids (collage and High School) go on spring break or make different plans. That drive down to Florida with gas prices now? 

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »

Well it will be interesting to watch how many kids (collage and High School) go on spring break or make different plans. That drive down to Florida with gas prices now?

LOL don't know Aunt Lisa, but my daughter is in Cancun right now . .  (and I'm stuck granddog sitting again)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »

That 'lifeboat' will be coming off the davits soon............. ;D

SimpleMan

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

Not I, especially after Marchonni's comments last month.  Frigg'in Euro junk

The Fiat 500 and Ford Ka are the same vehicle underneath. It would be interesting to see how Chrysleronni spins that marketing strategy here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42   Go Up