MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Man flees N. Monroe St. crash

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man flees N. Monroe St. crash  (Read 1326 times)

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
Man flees N. Monroe St. crash
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »

FRENCHTOWN TOWNSHIP – Police are searching neighborhoods near N. Monroe St. and Cole Rd. for a man who fled the scene of an accident this afternoon.
Witnesses said the man was being chased by a Monroe County sheriff's deputy when the fleeing Chrysler struck a snow pile, went airborne and crashed. The car also hit a pickup truck.

Click Here for the Full Article
MonroeTalks.com Administration

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
Re: Man flees N. Monroe St. crash
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

Perhaps something more descriptive than "a man" would be helpful.

MonroeGal

• Hero Talker
  • Smurf-tastic!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »

Channel 13 has a little more info. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=8017239

A manhunt is underway in Monroe County, Michigan. Deputies tell us a parole violator ran from his car after causing a head-on collision.

The crash happened around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon at the corner of North Monroe and Stewart, just north of the city limits. Witnesses say one of the drivers then got out and ran into the neighborhood.

He left behind two of his passengers who were taken to a hospital. No word on their injuries or any in the other car.

The driver sparked a large-scale manhunt involving Monroe County and Michigan State police. They're focusing their search around the Monroe Country Club and Golf Course. We saw officers in cars, in the raptor helicopter, on foot, and with k-9's canvassing the streets.

A deputy tells 13abc, they know who they are looking for. He's a white male, 32 years old, 5'11", and 180 lbs. He's wanted for home invasion. They are not ready to release his name, but say he dropped his wallet near one of the houses.

forever39

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »

I happened to be sitting on my enclosed porch on N. Monroe St. when this chase went by - first, a state police car flew by with full lights & sirens headed north towards Stewart - a minute or so later a small, black car that was really moving went by - it caught my attention because it was going so fast - a few seconds later I heard sirens again & knew a chase was on - it was another state police car - never did see a sheriff's car at that time.  I commented to my husband that there would be an accident at Monroe & Stewart.

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »

Channel 13 has a little more info. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=8017239

A manhunt is underway in Monroe County, Michigan. Deputies tell us a parole violator ran from his car after causing a head-on collision.

The crash happened around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon at the corner of North Monroe and Stewart, just north of the city limits. Witnesses say one of the drivers then got out and ran into the neighborhood.

He left behind two of his passengers who were taken to a hospital. No word on their injuries or any in the other car.

The driver sparked a large-scale manhunt involving Monroe County and Michigan State police. They're focusing their search around the Monroe Country Club and Golf Course. We saw officers in cars, in the raptor helicopter, on foot, and with k-9's canvassing the streets.

A deputy tells 13abc, they know who they are looking for. He's a white male, 32 years old, 5'11", and 180 lbs. He's wanted for home invasion. They are not ready to release his name, but say he dropped his wallet near one of the houses.

It made an interesting afternoon, we saw them searching the golf coarse and the sherriff was up & down our street . I really hope they catch him and sooner the better .
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »

Saw the car being chased South on Monroe St by the mall.  Told wife gonna be a wreck.  Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, 4 Frenchtown FD vehicles went by.  Got the feeling in stomach, hoping no one was killed.

Aunt Lisa

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »

They probably won't release his name because lot of Mothers including myself would like to beat his ***. Do you know how many school buses were out? Yea, you can image all the things that could have gone wrong and thank God they didn't.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »

They probably won't release his name because lot of Mothers including myself would like to beat his ***. Do you know how many school buses were out? Yea, you can image all the things that could have gone wrong and thank God they didn't.

It's pretty typical not to release their name until they're arraigned...   but that should be this afternoon :) :) :)

They caught him sitting on a porch several hours later...

he must have been tired after the chase  8* 8* 8*

Several hours later, a sheriff deputy on an unrelated call in Frenchtown Township saw a man answering the suspect's description sitting on a porch and arrested him without incident, deputies said

From The Blade website:  http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2011/03/17/Man-arrested-in-Monroe-County-after-man-hunt.html
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Chicken

• Hero Talker
  • Common sense is not so common... Voltaire
    • The Chicken Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

Perhaps something more descriptive than "a man" would be helpful.

Maybe Miss Swan is the only eye witness...

There is NO in-flight Beverage Service on the 747 to HELL!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »

Maybe Miss Swan is the only eye witness...

HAHA HA  , I LOVE Miss Swan.  :D :D :D

Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*
Pages: [1]   Go Up