MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > A Public Safety Department in Monroe, what are your thoughts?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Public Safety Department in Monroe, what are your thoughts?  (Read 25877 times)

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
Re: A Public Safety Department in Monroe, what are your thoughts?
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »

Please share your source. Thanks.
Sure thing. As soon as I am able to go through four years of paperwork from back when researching whether to attempt to hire POC firefighters, I will post it here so you can attack the findings as irrelevant or whatever fault you would find. No, I think I will simply enjoy the lake this weekend instead.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »

Sure thing. As soon as I am able to go through four years of paperwork from back when researching whether to attempt to hire POC firefighters, I will post it here so you can attack the findings as irrelevant or whatever fault you would find. No, I think I will simply enjoy the lake this weekend instead.
Thanks for proving my point.
Your assertion was baseless.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »

Thanks for proving my point.
Your assertion was baseless.
Not at all, but whatever you feel. I am able to make assertions from what I have been shown and what was discussed as part of a decision making process. I did not make the comment with a cut-n-paste response in hand, however I do have a document that proves what I say and also, if and when necessary, would supply to anyone who feels it necessary. You, of course, are not one who I would waste my time looking for it.

From memory, it took like five POC to get one to a fire, thus not reliable in my decision making process.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »

Not at all, but whatever you feel. I am able to make assertions from what I have been shown and what was discussed as part of a decision making process. I did not make the comment with a cut-n-paste response in hand, however I do have a document that proves what I say and also, if and when necessary, would supply to anyone who feels it necessary. You, of course, are not one who I would waste my time looking for it.

From memory, it took like five POC to get one to a fire, thus not reliable in my decision making process.
Your rudeness is unnecessary.
Not sure your refusal to post the document is just because I'm the one asking or if it doesn't exist but without proof or even a link to support your assertion, it appears you're making baseless claims.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »

Your rudeness is unnecessary.
Not sure your refusal to post the document is just because I'm the one asking or if it doesn't exist but without proof or even a link to support your assertion, it appears you're making baseless claims.
Whatever!! :o

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »

Whatever!! :o

You mean you don't take city documents with you out of town for a relaxing weekend?  What kind of irresponsible councilperson are you?  LOL!

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »

There are several automatic aid (dispatched simultaneously) agreements in place around the county and dispatch is responsible for sending the correct departments based upon those agreements and that appears to be the weak link.

I am sure that heads would be rolling if this were the case.  What a massive public safety, firefighter safety, and property loss liability that would be if what you are asserting is true.

I am sure there would be disciplinary repercussions to such an error wouldn't you think?  Or at least a public outcry.... again I think the terms "mutual" and "automatic" are being purposely comingled in this thread.  I acknowledge there are automatic dual dispatches in Monroe County, just not the ones you mentioned.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2011, 01:51:31 PM »

You mean you don't take city documents with you out of town for a relaxing weekend?  What kind of irresponsible councilperson are you?  LOL!
Where did he say he was out of town relaxing?
I must have missed it...or more likely you're making assumptions again.
All I saw was his refusal to post the source of the "statistical data" he claimed to use in making an assertion....supposedly because I'm the one asking.
I just hope somebody else asks him for it so I can watch him squirm.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »

All I saw was his refusal to post the source of the "statistical data" he claimed to use in making an assertion....supposedly because I'm the one asking.

Hmmm.

Wasn't talking to you.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2011, 02:54:03 PM »

Hmmm.

Wasn't talking to you.
Thanks for making my point. Your assertion was false. I'm not surprised.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »

Thanks for making my point. Your assertion was false. I'm not surprised.

What assertion are you talking about?

At some point in your life you may have to sit down and realize that you don't know what you don't know. 

And again... wasn't even talking to you!

Baby Hitler

« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »

I just noticed in looking at LMR's web site that in order to be a LMR firefighter, one of the requirements is that you are able to make a minimum of 20% of all calls. I wonder how other departments requirements read? Now I would have to ask Rands if having employees on duty (police officers cross trained in FF1 & FF2 as well as other additional training) to make 100% of the calls would be better than only making a minimum of 20%.
From statistical data. Not to mention that if a POC happens to be out partying or is ill, they would not be responding. If their work schedule interferes, they would not be responding.

Another point to Rands regarding only two men and a truck. If a Frenchtown resident living on Ruff Dr. has an emergency, would two men and a truck responding from 1/4 mile away not be better that two men and a truck responding from a station several miles away? And POC from wherever they may be IF they respond?

In these two posts, you make it sound like the POC are a bunch of no account, show up when they feel like it, moochers, that are going to play sick, or be out partying and then when Sockey posts this post

The problem is, you never know how many personnel are going to show up.  Several departments are having the same issues with low turnout, firefighter burnout and the demand for training has skyrocketed to maintain compliance with MIOSHA standards.  Regardless of the amount of pay or lack there of, these citizens who contribute their time and efforts to protect their communities should be commended for their actions while most are maintaining a full time job elsewhere.

You post
Absolutely!

Now were you stating that "Absolutely" towards the "don't know how many are going to show up" or the

Regardless of the amount of pay or lack there of, these citizens who contribute their time and efforts to protect their communities should be commended for their actions while most are maintaining a full time job elsewhere.

part of it?

You seem to be both for and against them, in the same breath.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #507 on: July 09, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »

I have statistical data that proves the exact opposite of what he claims.

But I'm going to go and have some fun at the pool with my girlfriend and her family.

Probably even have some porterhouse steaks for dinner too.

Just let it be known that whatever data he CLAIMS to have, I CLAIM to have data that says the exact opposite.

Good day gentlemen.

Sockey

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #508 on: July 09, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »

JB

You seem to be quite sure of yourself as I am simply stating factual information that you obviously are not familar with.  If you don't believe me, why don't you ask RJ. Or better yet, FOIA the information as it is public record.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:04:40 PM by Sockey »

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »

In these two posts, you make it sound like the POC are a bunch of no account, show up when they feel like it, moochers, that are going to play sick, or be out partying and then when Sockey posts this post

You post
Now were you stating that "Absolutely" towards the "don't know how many are going to show up" or the

part of it?

You seem to be both for and against them, in the same breath.
I guess I will have to explain again for you Fluffy. The point is about using POC versus using cross trained police officers. While POC and volunteer firefighters should be commended for their brave actions fighting fires whether for pay or not, the point is that some on this thread believe that the police officers should not, can not, or will not be able to do what they are being trained to do. My point is that while it has been shown that it takes four POC to get one to show up at a fire (I had stated five but received a text message clarifying it was really four) having police officers already on duty assures that they will be available for action. There is not worry that their "other" job will get in the way. They will not be away on vacation. They will not be incapacitated due to other factors.

To further clarify for you, the absolutely comment was in response to POC being commended.

Once I get the information about POC, I will be sure to get it to you, since then you can CLAIM to have opposing data. You could simply provide yours if you have it, but since I am about 20 miles east of you, I don't have access to mine at the current time. Of course there are several items you were to prove before that never materialized. 8* 8* 8* Hope you enjoyed your porterhouse. We had smoked beef brisket and Heineken, and then a nice ride on the lake.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up