MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Its That Morel Time of the Year!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its That Morel Time of the Year!  (Read 3262 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Its That Morel Time of the Year!
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »

The wet weather brought out some 'shrooms around here....not what you folks are looking for but I wonder if Morels are springing out of your favorite hunting ground out there.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »

:'(

This year was pretty much a bust for us!

Hopefully it will make for an excellent season next year Aguilera ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Aguilera

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 08:55:34 AM »

Thanks BRD!

It would so make my day if I went out just to go for a walk and found a bunch.............so late in the season.....IDK.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »

It seems wet and cool is perfect for 'shrooms...at least the variety in my yard.
Not sure what the stems look like but what I can see sort of looks like these (although some are flatter)

The edges have splits....reminds me of when I tried slicing the edges of bologna for frying.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »

I have nothing to back it up Fry, but was taught that those are not edible.  I believe those are what we called "Toad Stools" back in my parts, and was told to leave them be.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »

I'm not a fungus lover anyway....I just figured other types of 'shrooms may be sprouting in this weather.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 10:10:57 AM »

You betcha....especially with all this moisture.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »

I haven't been back to check out 'hot spot' yet because it's surrounded by standing water again after this last monsoon.  We did find a couple of dozen at our son's house over the weekend and he found a bunch more over at Marblehead on Sunday. 

I noticed yesterday that one of our lilac bushes in the front yard was starting to bloom pretty good and then last night found this on Mlive.

Look to the lilacs. "Pretty much once the lilacs get into full bloom, you know its time to get out there," Wenner says. "That's when you know you'll get full-sized morels.

That's one of those old tales I remember hearing years ago but I had forgotten it (along with a lot of other things).

https://www.mlive.com/expo/erry-2018/05/77cb80313e3748/5_best_morel_mushroom_hunting.html
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up