MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > New Cast Member for "Two 1/2 Men"

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cast Member for "Two 1/2 Men"  (Read 2782 times)

MM1

• Hero Talker
New Cast Member for "Two 1/2 Men"
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »

VERY interesting choice.   Kutcher!  Wow.  I never thought of him for the show, but it's a very good move!   IMO

Note:  I'll be glad to see a new face on the show because I just can't enjoy it the way I used to.  I don't see Charlie Harper anymore,  just a dried up Sheen.  Too bad. I really enjoyed the show. 

It'll be interesting to see what Kutcher brings to clean up the mess.   

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/thefamous/charlie-sheen-praises-two-and-a-half-men-replacement-ashton-kutcher-predicts-shows-doom-anyway/1280

Monique

• Hero Talker
Re: New Cast Member for "Two 1/2 Men"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »

Dang. I was really gunning for John Stamos! I didn't even realize until this morning when I read about Kutcher that Hugh Grant was first pick, but he bailed out because he didn't want the grind of doing a series. He would have been really good as a replacement, tho! I can totally see him playing a bad boy cousin, lol. I like Ashton ok, but .... meh. I'll watch an episode or two just to see.

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »

I had not heard the Kutcher news either till now.   Hmmm interesting!  I think it will seem odd with just a Charlie recast.   I am watching an old episode now and trying to picture Kutcher instead of Charlie playing Charlie seems odd, especially since he is younger.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »

Hi, cc! I don't think they're going to recast the Charlie character. I'm pretty sure Kutcher will be a whole new character. He'd almost have to be, the two men are so different.

Or maybe they'll write it that Charlie had botox gone bad or something like that and ended up as Kutcher!  ;D

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »

The cow just went dry. This not an afternoon soap. Change the lead, lose the audience.

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:26:09 PM »

Hi, cc! I don't think they're going to recast the Charlie character. I'm pretty sure Kutcher will be a whole new character. He'd almost have to be, the two men are so different.

Or maybe they'll write it that Charlie had botox gone bad or something like that and ended up as Kutcher!  ;D

Hi there!   Good to know he wont be a recast.  I was thinking maybe a son of their fathers affair, or even a son of Charlies - but not sure how they approach Charlie being out.

I agree with you by the way...I was rooting for Stamos when I heard he was being thought about. 

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »

I think Charlie's exit will either be that he left to go live with Rose in London, or Lorre will be evil and kill him off by heart attack in a drunken orgy or by a jealous husband. That would be amusingly mean of him! lol

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »

The cow just went dry. This not an afternoon soap. Change the lead, lose the audience.

Maybe.  Maybe not.

If well written, it should be OK.  And that show is all about the writing, NOT Sheen.  His "Tour" pretty much proved that. 

I think the writing is SO sharp they'll be OK. 

I also think "killing him off" as a result of his "funny" antics would be very fitting (and funny) actually.  Not mean at all, in fact pretty clever.  It's not like ANYONE doesn't know what happened here.  So, to "finish him off" and enter Kutcher with his new character would work.

If they have the same writers, it's gonna be just fine.  IMO  :)

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 08:04:36 PM »

Not that I've seen an episode in years anyway, but I absolutely won't watch anything with Ashton Kutcher in it.  I don't think that there is a worst actor on the planet...
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »

Very subjective, but there could be others. However, noone else comes immediately to mind!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

Very subjective, but there could be others. However, noone else comes immediately to mind!

Well maybe George Lopez, but I see that as a 1 and 1a situation.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »

Yes, George Lopez has no funny.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

I didn't have anyone in mind to take the show forward.  I didn't hear about a Stamos possibility, but I'm glad it didn't go that way. 

They may not even re-cast the "man-w****" character to the degree that the Charlie Harper character was and how Sheen was actually living his real life and cost them a season.  That may be a little too close to reality that was not all that funny. 

I'm very curious to see what the writers come up with.  They've written amazing dialogue in the past and I'm sure it will have wit and clever angles with whatever they come up with.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:43:46 PM »

What's wrong with ManHos? Everyone loves 'em some ManHo! lol A certain MTer comes to mind. Hummm......

;0)

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »

This makes a hole in my Monday night TV veiwing.  Hopefully they move Mike and Molly up to nine, 2 men and whatever to 9:30, then I can go to sleep early.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up