MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Near Death Experience

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Near Death Experience  (Read 654 times)

jenetty

• Hero Talker
  • Interested in joining a spiritual study group?
    • My Personal Website
Near Death Experience
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »

I was in my 20s and I was extremely angry.  I hated myself, I hated my husband, and I hated God.  I had a lot of suicidal thoughts.  I was in a rotten marriage, we barely had enough money to get by, and I felt very trapped.  It was around this time that I had my near death experience that began the transformation in my life.

One night I had a really bad asthma attack.  My ex-husband, being the idiot that he was, was extremely slow about getting me to the emergency room for treatment.  By the time we got there I could barely stand up with my lack of lung power.  When the nurse tried to give me my first breathing treatment, I barely had the energy to hold the tube to my mouth.  I lay back on the bed and decided that I had had enough. A few seconds went by and suddenly the room got very white, pure white like the center of a light bulb. It was bright but it didn’t hurt my eyes to look at it.   I felt this peace surround my entire body and I knew I was ready to leave this world.  The ache in my chest was gone.  I wasn’t scared at all.  It was wonderful.  And then I heard a voice say to me that it wasn’t my time and I had to go back.  The room returned to its normal color and the nurse was there holding a breathing mask to my mouth. 

The nurse told me later that if I had waited another 10 minutes to get to the ER, they wouldn’t have been able to save me.  I found out a few days later I was pregnant with my second baby. 

This is when I started to ask God to lead me in the direction He wanted me to go.  Sure enough, the answers I was seeking came pouring in on me and I was on my way to being a "new me". 
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa
Pages: [1]   Go Up