MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > Growing stuff

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Growing stuff  (Read 2114 times)

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
Growing stuff
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »

What's growing like crazy in your yard? :P

I am seeing more cover than usual, smells really nice, Only a few bugs to fight also, so it's really enjoyable!
Snuggle & keep warm.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
Re: Growing stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 08:39:05 PM »

Do any of you have any cool planter assortments?
Snuggle & keep warm.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »

I have 2 beautiful hanging planters full of bright colors and a mixture of flowers.  I don't know what they're called, other than "silk" because if I even so much as TALK about a live plant, it dies.  I have tried . . . OH how I've tried to have a green thumb, but it is not to be. 

So, for the safety of all your plants, I will not speak of them. 

But, my planters are really pretty.

;D ;D ;D

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »

I have an abundance of weeds growing in my yard . . .

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »

MM1
I will not speak of them either!  8)
Silent appreciation of your plants! Lol
Snuggle & keep warm.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »

My weeds are growing taller than corn!
Snuggle & keep warm.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 09:26:32 PM »

It has been a bad year for weeds....not sure why, I've "Weed and Feed"ed about the same as normal.

I like growing lots of things......not mentioning basement plants, but I enjoy my roses, my flower bed full of petunias out front, my roses are just kicking so much butt that it's unbelievable, and I always put out several planters of geraniums.  I just love the vivid red or well groomed geraniums.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

OK, this is just for you guys:

"The weeds in your yards,  the weeds in your gardens,  the weeds in your planters.  But NOT the weeds in your basement.  "

There.   If history holds, they should all be dead by the weekend.  (I can't promise safety for the basement things though Fuzz.  Sorry.)    ;D ;D ;D

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

Corn.   ;D

Well, not IN my yard, but it's all around it.  I have corn on both sides and behind my house.  And across the road, in front of my house.  It's only a couple feet tall right now, but my earlier planted corn is waist-high, or higher.

We need rain, though.  Chance of it tomorrow... I hope so.

I also have one hanging plant (well, ATG got it for Mother's Day, but I water it when I remember).  Bunch of flowers, and one rose bush she got this Spring as well.

I also have a very small garden.  Tomatoes, zucchini, beans and cucumbers.  They need rain too! 
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 08:09:01 AM »

OK, this is just for you guys:

"The weeds in your yards,  the weeds in your gardens,  the weeds in your planters.  But NOT the weeds in your basement.  "

There.   If history holds, they should all be dead by the weekend.  (I can't promise safety for the basement things though Fuzz.  Sorry.)    ;D ;D ;D

LOL Thanks MM1  I am going to be watching!

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »

I have 2 beautiful hanging planters full of bright colors and a mixture of flowers.  I don't know what they're called, other than "silk" because if I even so much as TALK about a live plant, it dies.  I have tried . . . OH how I've tried to have a green thumb, but it is not to be. 

So, for the safety of all your plants, I will not speak of them. 

But, my planters are really pretty.

;D ;D ;D

LOL! That sounds just like me!  :P

I have never been able to keep a plant alive. Apparently I'm a plant killer and just never knew it.   :-\

A couple of years ago my mom bought me a beautiful bamboo plant for Easter. Her words to me were "You can't kill these things! They NEVER die."

I read the instructions that came with it, gave it just the right amount of water and light and what happened?? IT DIED!

When I told my mom that it died, she looked at me in shock and asked what the heck I do to these poor, defenseless plants.... I guess they just don't like me. lol

My cousin gave me a clipping off of her aloe plant. It's sitting in my grandma's window because I refuse to bring it home. I told my grandma it's kinda like an adoption. It's really mine, but I just come over and visit it now and then, and she takes care of it.  :P

I absolutely LOVE flowers, but every time I've tried to take care of them, they die. So as Live said earlier, he waters them. I just admire them from far, far away.  :D :D :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up