MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Make sure you check out the 'Harvest Moon' this week

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make sure you check out the 'Harvest Moon' this week  (Read 1039 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Make sure you check out the 'Harvest Moon' this week
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »

I've been out the last couple of nights trying to somewhat duplicate a photo I took almost by accident a few years ago.  It's a neat picture but it was only 3 megapixels and I want one that's at least 8 or 10. 

I may stick some film in my old Pentax Spotmatic and give that a try tonight if the weather holds.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpps/news/check-out-the-harvest-moon-this-week-dpgoh-20110912-fc_14975581?obref=obinsite
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Make sure you check out the 'Harvest Moon' this week
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »

Been getting a great view of it down here in Southern Illinois the last few clear nights.

I've tried to capture it on my digital as well BRD.....but as a reflection off of the river.  Never got a good shot of it either.  Let me know how the film version works out for you.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

Ouuh Aaah, thanks for bringing it up, I'll be looking for it, that's one of my favorite ways to spend a fall night.  :)
Snuggle & keep warm.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »

Yup, my second favorite way to spend a Fall evening.   ;)
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:22:07 PM »

Ouuh Aaah, thanks for bringing it up, I'll be looking for it, that's one of my favorite ways to spend a fall night.  :)

We've had an outside fire and been watching it the last few nights...

sounds like by Thursday we'll need a fire :( :( :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »

Been getting a great view of it down here in Southern Illinois the last few clear nights.

I've tried to capture it on my digital as well BRD.....but as a reflection off of the river.  Never got a good shot of it either.  Let me know how the film version works out for you.

We built a fire outside and waited and waited for the moon to appear...   lots of clouds but they were steadily moving to the east.  Finally, just about the time we were ready to "give up" a sliver of the moon appeared...   and then it really popped into total view in about 20-25 seconds...   I wish I would have had the video camera set up instead of the Pentax!!!  The clouds moving east and the moon moving west combined to make things happen 'quickly' ;) ;) ;)

I had the Pentax on the tripod and set to go so I started snapping away with various shutter speeds. 

To me, the biggest problem with film is the waiting to get the photos developed.  I had to look to even find where I had stored the film...   did find about 8 or 9 rolls...    expired in 2002!!!    I guess I should use that camera more often 8* 8* 8*

Now I'm not even sure where I can get it developed...   I know there are several places you can mail it out to and there are a couple of shops in Toledo that will do it but I'm not sure how often they actually process.

What ever happened to all those 1 hour machines... 
(actually about 35 minutes if they weren't too busy) ??? ??? ???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »

Another gorgeous 'harvest' moon tonight!  We watched it playing peek a boo with some clouds for the longest time and then it finally got covered before the cloud with the moon behind it looked like a very eeeerie black cat's face!!!   Let your imagination run wild!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up