MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > Who is your hero?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is your hero?  (Read 2231 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Who is your hero?
« on: October 02, 2011, 02:08:16 PM »

I think the possibilities for who is anyone's hero is as myriad as there are people.  Some people look up to sports figures, or wise thinkers, or relatives. 

There certainly are those that I see desirable characteristics in within those categories.  Yet, I guess what I think of as a hero is someone that was not just someone looked up to but also who shaped your life for the better.

My hero was/is my dad.

Who is your hero?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: Who is your hero?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »

Hmm. got to thinking and I have another, my daughter.  Yeah, seems odd.  She is an awesome person, very moral, has a perpetual childlike happiness, is a ferociously good writer, and sets lofty goals and usually achieves them, and not for lack of effort.  She has shaped me more than I her I think.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »

I think we've had this discussion on here before, and I'll give the same answer...

My mother, she raised me as a single mother with only a high school education (IE no great paying job) and she did a wonderful job if I do say so myself.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »

I'd have to say my Mom as well.

Lost her husband in an auto accident when she was 23 with one child born, and one on the way.  Moved half way across the country on her own and resettled in a new area.....and never lost faith.

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »

I have two:

My Maternal Grandma.  One tough cookie.  Lost her husband in a fire leaving her to raise 6 children through the depression alone, worked 2 and three jobs to keep food on the table, worked for the teamsters as a secretary for Hoffa, volunteered and worked all her life and lived to be 101. 

She NEVER complained about times being tough or never having enough ANYTHING and was always busy.  She and I always had a special bond.  I think, no I'm sure, she lives in me and I can only hope to have her strength all my life. 

And my Dad . . . . for far too many reasons to list. 

LMayzlin

• Veteran Talker
  • Culinary Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 12:52:33 AM »

my all time hero - my Mom -- I really miss her.
my 2nd hero -- my Dad -- he's still with me, and I will always be his little girl
if you believe that the Congress can mandate that each individual person buy health insurance, you basically don't believe that there is anything that is outside Congress' Article I, Section 8 powers.

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:18 AM »

My dad...I miss him.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »

Kris Humphries
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »

My dad! He had his faults, but he taught me right from wrong, and so much more! One of his favorite sayings was "things done by halves are never done right". I've tried to live by that, and I think it has served me well. Even having known him all my life, I was amazed ,at his funeral ,at  how many people he had touched, about which I knew nothing!

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

I'm thinking its my 13 yr old grandson --- Hes such an aw some kid .. He has a great personality. Always makes people laugh but still knows how to push your buttons . He has such a great heart but can be so numbheaded at the same time.  Hes so smart but so naive .Hes learning to be a worker and get what he wants by earning it. ( I got him a 2009 lawn mower at a garage sale and he made his first 50 dollar bill this fall ).  he loves to play baseball, usually ends up on a loosing team but never quits. Hes endured the heat, humidity , the rain & cold for 5 yrs playing football. Hes now learning to play the drums .( he worked for them mowing lawns)  Seemes he has talent too. 

He is such a Great kid ... I love him alot  :) 
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »

Anyone who has served in the military and gone to war...they are all heros to me!
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »

Great responses, my New Years resolution will be to find the bit of hero in every person I meet.
Snuggle & keep warm.

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »

My wife
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Pages: [1]   Go Up