MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Right to Bear Arms

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right to Bear Arms  (Read 4842 times)

rookvortex

• Veteran Talker
Re: Right to Bear Arms
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »

The real effect on people are the gun laws that prohibit them in places that are declared 'gun free' zones.  Think Virginia Tech, Columbine and all the other schools/places where they are not allowed.

If Wash DC allows CCW and loosens up their gun laws, look for crime to drop, not increase.  Many stats are out there to back that up.

Because the Wild West was a great place to raise children....

zard0z

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »

Because the Wild West was a great place to raise children....

You've watched too many Hollywood westerns...LOL

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 11:17:34 AM »

OK, so that little piece of info justifies the death of all of them for you...?
Talk about hooey...Are you trying to say that the US government burned "all" of those people alive to get at a polygamist pedophile...Are you serious...?

Not so much... Beadles said that they were killed for being gun owning tax resisters. I said they were actually polygamists. I never condoned the action of the Justice Dept. in my reply.

My assertion of hooey was Beadles claim of murder by the Democrats over gun ownership and tax evasion. I still claim hooey.

peace,
Griff
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:26:40 AM by Griff Crammond »
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

zard0z

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »

Not so much... Beadles said that they were killed for being gun owning tax resisters. I said they were actually polygamists. I never condoned the action of the Justice Dept. in my reply.

My assertion of hooey was Beadles claim of murder by the Democrats over gun ownership and tax evasion. I still claim hooey.

peace,
Griff

OK, I stepped into the debate and didn't back check the post...I take back calling what you said as hooey...

But, I still think that this was not handled in the right way...The government took on these people like they were a menace to society...That just wasn't the case...there was no "true" problem till the Feds surrounded them and stormed the place...I think in that case if I was in the right or wrong, I would still defend myself...Even against government authority...

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »

OK, I stepped into the debate and didn't back check the post...I take back calling what you said as hooey...

But, I still think that this was not handled in the right way...The government took on these people like they were a menace to society...That just wasn't the case...there was no "true" problem till the Feds surrounded them and stormed the place...I think in that case if I was in the right or wrong, I would still defend myself...Even against government authority...

zardOz, no worries. I agree that Waco was escalated and handled poorly. Personal liberty brings the incumbent responsibility of self-defense. Particularly defense against the government responsible of insuring our personal liberty.

peace,
Griff
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:29:27 PM by Griff Crammond »
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »

Waco and Ruby Ridge are two reasons why I do not want another Clinton in the White House. But they are only two reasons among many.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up