MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Red Wings 2011-2012

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Wings 2011-2012  (Read 1507 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Red Wings 2011-2012
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

Cool....the game itself, I love it.  Still would have rather this one be done against the backdrop of the city of Detroit.  I still think parking is going to be a crap experience around there that time of year. 
Support the local economy as much as possible!

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but the central division seems scary good this year. St. Louis, Chicago, and Detroit have all held the top spot in the NHL within the past two weeks. In fact four out of the top five teams (points wise) in the west are Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »

Yea.....isn't it great!  I love the competition to be this good during the regular season to make the regular season games seem better.  I just enjoy playoff intensity games all season.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:27 AM »

Wings tied NHL record with 20 consecutive home wins yesterday. Going for the record tomorrow against the Stars. GO WINGS!

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

Good luck with 21 tonight boys. 2-0 end of the first Wings.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »

Good luck with 21 tonight boys. 2-0 end of the first Wings.

21... That was another exciting game.  Holy Jason Hockey Mask, Batman, the third was wild!  The Stars were on fire in the third and controlled the puck big time.  For a big part of it the 3rd seemed like 5 on 4 hockey.  The Stars took it to Detroit and didn't let up, but even with the heavy pressure almost got no shots on goal.  The defense held up.

And again, for those that are playoff pansies, maybe you should give a look, almost all games anymore have been playoff caliber games.  But, that gives me a worry.  Will the Wings get tired from all of the higher level games?  Can they turn it up even more for the playoffs, or will they run out of gas?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 07:28:37 AM »

Can they turn it up even more for the playoffs, or will they run out of gas?/quote]

Great question Duck, what do you think? Admittedly I just started paying attention.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »

Hmmm.

Well, first I think.... Wow, what a fantastic regular season to watch.  It seems every team Detroit plays jumps up to playoff level hockey, which has had Detroit there every game.  It seems they can turn it up better at home than away.  The hometown crowd helps feed enthusiasm.  Unfortunately, the other team, at home, has the same advantage, plus they are not doing the high level games every night as the Wings seem to have to do.

I think the biggest problem is health.  It is hard to keep a pace like they are and not suffer injuries.  When Ducksoup is hurt or takes a day off, it is noticeable.  When Lindstrom has a day off, Detroit suffers.  If either of those is not 100% forget it in playoffs.  Of the many other great players, if only one, it probably isn’t so bad. 

It is kind of early to think playoffs, but how would the Wings do if they stay healthy... can they turn it up?  I could be wrong, but probably not.  My guess is a small amount better, but not enough fire in the belly to take it all the way.  It isn’t the talent, but the mental “want”.  The Wings always go in without fire.  Sometimes it happens and sometimes not.  It is easy to see when they do, and just as easy to see when they do not.  But, for some reason, think they will not catch fire this year.  Hope I am wrong, because I love long seasons.

I am in a bit of a quandary.  I thought Bertuzzi’s violent action was grounds to kick him out of hockey forever.  Yes, he got a year off, but I didn’t think it was enough.  However, he cleaned up his act and has tried very hard to be a quality player rather than just a violent goon.  It is clear he works with Ducksoup a lot; you can see how he has tried to adapt some moves to his big size.  So, I guess the league was right and sometimes a second chance is taken and used.

My wife says (who is a huge authority... not!) says they will win the cup.  At this point I am thinking that even if they stay healthy, they are going to be too worn out mentally and physically to compete at a higher level than now.  Sure hope I am wrong though.

But, gosh, what a fun regular season...

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »

Thanks for your input. I will definitely be paying more attention (and hopefully some others will as well) so maybe this topic will heat up. GO WINGS!

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »

Fun game.  In first Ducksoup fell, but made a perfect pass to Betuzzi to Franzen; score.
Nashville tied in the second with some tough play.  Then, looking like overtime Ducksoup makes Suter look like a dolt and breaks the tie with 5 seconds left on the clock.

What the heck with MacDonald, dang he seems to be shooting to take Howards slot. Well, not, but, there is a good case he should be number two. 

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »

Good game I thought we were going to overtime. I have to give the Nashville goalie his props too he was under siege and didn't let anything in until the end. The streak lives on.   

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »

Good game I thought we were going to overtime. I have to give the Nashville goalie his props too he was under siege and didn't let anything in until the end. The streak lives on.   
Yeah, Rinne is good.

I thought it was one of those grinder games.  A lot on the boards, not too much passing finesse.  Nice to see that Detroit can play the other teams game and still win.  Also, I thought Ducksoup was a bit off last night, not his best game but wen he was needed he stepped up big.  Oh, and did you know his nickname is Pasha?

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

Hey where's the Wings game? Supposed to be on NBC but all I'm seeing is the Pens @ Buffalo.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

On now as soon as I posted they switched over. GO WINGS!

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »

Hard to play a team that plays like Detroit.  Good game.  My opinion, MacDonald stole the game, he was good.  He stood on his head and it showed.  And gosh was that the weirdest goal you ever saw? ? ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up