MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Red Wings 2011-2012

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Wings 2011-2012  (Read 2583 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Red Wings 2011-2012
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »

Pretty much what I expected, played with very little passion and if they don't get it in gear they will be done.

I don't follow hockey close enough to know how much (in $$$) they would get for each successful level they win all the way up to the Stanley cup...

I know some (ok, a few) would do it for pride...   I'm not so sure that's a driving force for some of today's already overpaid entertainers...  errr, I mean 'athletes' :( :( :(
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »

They seemed to start out pretty good last night until they accidently helped the Preds score their first goal. The Commisioner was in the seats so the Refs went nuts calling penalties for the slightest things. Then when Shea Weber purposely Slams Henrik Zetteberg's Head Into Boards twice he only gets slapped with a $2,500 fine. He should have been removed for the rest of the season.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/shea-weber-henrik-zetterberg-head-predators-red-wings_n_1420649.html

Too bad about Darren Helm just coming back from an injury and getting his arm cut bad. Mickey Redman said he was fine afterwards and sitting on the bench, but was actually on his way to the hospital. I heard he's done for the season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/wings/story/2012-04-11/red-wings-lose-helm-again/54193214/1

I guess if you can't win by skill now-a-days you try to cripple the other team so you can win.  :-\
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »

The slap on the wrist fine became a motivational tool and the Wings will likely use it to win the series... 

The league apparently only cares about keeping the weaker (financially) teams in the playoffs - and now has set a precedent that it only matters if someone is injured regardless of the intent of the action  >:(
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »

The Wings peaked to early this season. A lot of young talent on the ice this year. Maybe it was just growing pains but they sure don't look as good as some of the other NHL squads. Oh well, there's always next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up