MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Red Wings 2011-2012

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Wings 2011-2012  (Read 1477 times)

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
Re: Red Wings 2011-2012
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

Hard to play a team that plays like Detroit.  Good game.  My opinion, MacDonald stole the game, he was good.  He stood on his head and it showed.  And gosh was that the weirdest goal you ever saw? ? ?

McDonald is definitely showing what he is made of. It's good to know we can rely on him.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »

This isn't good. Apparently Datsyuk has had knee surgery and is out a few weeks. Hope allis good come playoff time. Sounds like a minor thing but anything knee related can be bad.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7598721/pavel-datsyuk-detroit-red-wings-knee-surgery-miss-two-weeks

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »

I noticed he was not playing normal last game.  Not his normal presence.  Sound like this is pretty minor and saaying two weeks only, three tops.

Did ya see the trade? Kyle Quincey for a first round draft pick?  They are saying a long term pick, probably to replace Stuart who appears to be leaving at the end of the season.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »

I did see that. What's the story with this kid? I saw he was originally drafted by Detroit not so long ago. Know anything about him Duck?

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:30 PM »

Not too much Billy.  He did play for the wings two season (6 games each) but I don’t remember him.  He is 6’2” 210, so a big guy, and is an offensive defenseman, which is what Detroit likes.  He can play left or right.  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71785 says he doesn’t play all games, but read he plays a solid 20 when he does.  His plus minus isn’t great and logs way too many penalty minutes.

What I think doesn’t matter too much, LOL, cuz Holland seems to be a frikking genius at getting good talent.  I have to think they believe that they can clean him up (not as many penalties) and have a solid big body defenseman.  He seems to have been good for the Kings, and has some decent assist numbers.

Has some fight stats, but not usually rated as winner.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 07:53:39 AM »

Rough road game last night.  Blackhawks came to play, Wings not so much.  Very noticeable that Ducksoup was not playing.  On the bright side, Howard played great after a down time.  If he had not made so many super saves the score would have been far worse.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »

A real nail biter... tough loss. 

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »

Hectic around here lately so missing games.  Without watching I can't know why they are on a losing streak, but I can guess that Ducksoup out of the lineup is the reason.  Without him, the team always struggles.  The Wings need to fix this and be a viable team without one of the star players.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »

No doubt, it looks like injuries are starting to pile up. They haven't looked good, with the exception of the Columbus game on Friday.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »

Watched second and third periods.  What a bad game.  Defense was horrid, passing worse.  Takeaways FROM Detroit had to be counted by the minute they were so high.  Almost no sots on goal in second.  Third was better and they did eventually win, but what a bad game. 

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »

Lost to the Predators last night.  Played bad, could have been a worse score.  At least MacDonald is playing good.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »

Well, as depressing as it is, I figured I needed to make a new post.  The good news is player health is on the rise, bad news, obviously not 100%.

Two wins in the last 10 games is pathetic.  Thankfully, I have missed most of them from being too busy.  I am going to try to watch today at 4 against the Panthers.  Who?  I guess from the East, says Sunshine Fla.   Never heard of ‘em.

I think like 4 games left of the regular season and the Wings are disorganized and a mess.  Now, it is the Wings so it is still possible they can turn it around over night, but if they do not.... Well, it will be a depressing first round.  When they are struggling to get up to regular season play, how will they get to playoff level in such a short time?

Sometimes it just takes something and ping like a light switch things turn around... I am hoping for that.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »

I don't think they'll make to much noise this season. The way they have played recently and the overall health of this team doesn't bode well for a playoff run. I'd be surprised if they make it out of the first round.

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »

Playoffs start tonight, any thoughts?

Billy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »

Pretty much what I expected, played with very little passion and if they don't get it in gear they will be done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up