MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Suzy's Sweets and Eats

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suzy's Sweets and Eats  (Read 969 times)

MM1

• Hero Talker
Suzy's Sweets and Eats
« on: November 27, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »

We just visited a new shop downtown on W. First that I hope does very well.  She's a Monroe Native and her shop is a step back into the candy store of your childhoods.  From the creek of the wood floor to the "Vintage" candies, I was 7 yrs old again. 

She also has specialty popcorns (made right there in the shop) and will ship baskets anywhere.

They have specialty homemade jams and butters (MMMMMMMM!), soup mixes and Amish items as well. 

On the wall was a "Guess the Year" game with 6 or 8 candies you pick what year they were from.  (I didn't guess correctly)  But, we had a lot of fun trying.  :)

She also has GREAT stocking stuffer items such as Jacks, Dominoes and Tiddly Winks in "vintage" tins.
GOD!  I remember playing these things. 

This is a very sweet little sweet shop and I wish her the best! 

GO CHECK IT OUT! ! ! ! !  :) 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Suzy's Sweets and Eats
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »

Is this the same gal that ran the popcorn shop on Monroe street?
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »

I never went into the shop on Monroe.   I think that had a different name on it.  But, I don't know. 

We spoke with the owner at length and she never mentioned that this was a second store for her.  It sounded like this was a "First Go" for her.  I asked if it was her only store and she said yes.  "Just this one". 

It's a nice little shop.  I hope Monroe patrons can help her be successful.   :)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »

I never went into the shop on Monroe.   I think that had a different name on it.  But, I don't know. 

We spoke with the owner at length and she never mentioned that this was a second store for her.  It sounded like this was a "First Go" for her.  I asked if it was her only store and she said yes.  "Just this one". 

It's a nice little shop.  I hope Monroe patrons can help her be successful.   :)

Found it...   yes, same gal it sounds like...   the other place looks like it may have been a franchised operation since there were also a few stores down in Ohio...

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18155.msg536144#msg536144

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »

I posted somewhere that they were handing out small bags of their flavored popcorn for Trick or Treat. Very smart to give out samples, and the popcorn was very tasty!

Haven't seen Tiddly Winks in a while. Might have to swing by to get some for the girls!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »

I had to grin because of the fond memories that Tiddly Winks brought to mind.  Used to play that for hours as a kid.  Then I grew up and was exposed to a similar game where the "d's" were replaced by "t's".   ;)
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »

I had to grin because of the fond memories that Tiddly Winks brought to mind.  Used to play that for hours as a kid.  Then I grew up and was exposed to a similar game where the "d's" were replaced by "t's".   ;)

For the "younger generations that are wondering what tiddly winks are here's a YouTube...

sorry Fuzz, but I better not link to any vids of your game ;D ;D ;D

Early Trix Cereal Commercial #2 Tiddly Winks

Pages: [1]   Go Up