MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Iron Coffins Clubhouse

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron Coffins Clubhouse  (Read 10173 times)

BigMike

• Hero Talker
Re: Iron Coffins Clubhouse
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »

You cry like a spoiled little girl, frequently and without cause.

I never cry. And that story was pure BS.

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »

You could always go to their website and ask them what they are doing....  I used to go to the old club house in the East End... Sadly most of the IC that I knew have passed...

One thing about them I do not like... is their Idolizing of Crazy Sioux...  There are a lot of Women around that will tell you he was nothing but a rapist...  I barely escaped him when I was 17...  I was hands off... by order of the "then club" President.. I used to babysit the kids for their parties... Most of them were Mongols then the Mens Association and then the Iron Coffins...  I had friends that married into the gang...  long history with them.. Even have been to their club house in NPR...   

But being female, if you are not an ole lady... or have special protection like I did...  You should not hang with them... unless you liked to be gang raped... or even with consent...  Never go when they have chapters in from out of town...  and its not an ole lady event...  Too many girls do stupid things...   

I will never forget what happened out on Yensch Rd...  Two people were murdered that night.. One woman by someone from an out of town Chapter...  So he could get his purple wings... and he murdered a young man who had previously been in a car that the Sheriff had arrested the driver for a DUI... they made his passenger walk home... While that young man was walking in the wee hours on Stewart road in Raisinville Township..  Part of the gang was leaving the party on Yensch road... and just shot that young man in the head...  Of course the man who did this is in Prison.. but it took almost a year before police got the needed tips on what had happened that night..

The woman that was killed, her body was found months later in a field near Yensch and Ostrander...    Yep...  You have to watch that Pack Mentality...

They do good things too...  but its like anyone who joins any kind of Gang...  If the pack is crossing lines... the rest will follow...

Bonus points if you can tell me what you have to do to get purple wings.... 

I think I know, but not to be posted on here, if I am correct!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »

My imagination is at a full gallop!! Do elaborate, please!

You just gallop along and don't worry about anything.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »

I never cry. And that story was pure BS.

Hmmm.   

Actually, what she described IS what you should consider before you walk in the door.

And, anyone claiming to be invited in after making a bar acquaintance over a few beers (unless you are a female) is COMPLETE and utter bull. 

ALL new faces are scrutinized pretty well and just because you're in the door at the invitation of a particular member does NOT mean your visit will go well.  And if you're the new female face, it probably won't.

You can cry all the bull you want.

The Chicken

• Hero Talker
  • Common sense is not so common... Voltaire
    • The Chicken Channel
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »

Big Mike, I don't know where your from.. but I am from here..  I am 50 years old and I always was with people older than me..  I know a lot of people...   I was not at that party.. I never claimed to be.. 

Now, you can go to the Library and look at the MEN starting July 4th weekend 1978...  You will find that a 17 year old male was found in a ditch on Stewart road, west of Raisinville Rd with a bullet in his head...  Nobody knew who did it..  The MCSD caught a lot of flack, as they should for making that boy walk home in the Middle of the Night... They had pulled the car over I think near Ida Maybee Rd. and the boy lived in Monroe...  They believe he was on Stewart road because he knew a family that lived there on the other side of Raisinville... 

The first tip that came in was about the Womans body in the field.. along that small stretch between on Yensch Rd. Between the two Ostrander roads.. if you are from here you should know exactly where I am talking about.. (does Big Red Dog need to do a google map)...  Again LE did not know the two murders were connected...   The people who were aware what had happened at the party were too afraid to talk (the ole ladies or friends of theirs)..  Let me clarify.. I was not there!   A person did start talking to another person who kept urging her to come forward and that is how they got the guy and those that were with him..

Again.. It was an out of town chapter... for awhile the coffins owned or were using that piece of land to have parties at... 

I do want to say... Before the Monguls there was a prior IC Chapter in Maybee..  and Jerry B  (who also started that company selling caffine speed mail order with the other Maybee guy... who owns twin lakes)   Jerry B was the President back then... 

I knew them all....  Yes bikers do get old... most have families work hard etc...  but when it comes to club stuff... it gets a little murky and unless you are a street smart person..  your better off, especially if you are female.. to stay clear...  unless you want that life style...   that was all I am sayin'...

I have partied with Highwaymen in Daytona and Ft Lauderdale..  I hang at a biker bar in Detroit... I have always had a good rapport.. and I have never had sexual encounters which is unusual for a single female..  I always was upfront and they like to hang with me.. even after I qyuit drinking and doing drugs I am still welcome...  But I am the first to tell you, if you have the wrong kind of attitude you should stay clear....     

I don't need to BS...   I don't get any secondary gains from it.. 

To allegedly get Purple wings...  one has to do a sexual act with a corps....   Again.. I don't think the Monroe Chapter.. or if any other chapter even has Purple wings... 

but always remember.. There are riding clubs... and then there are gangs...  gangs have a hierarchy and what the club says go...  There are generations of bikers...  Sons of Anarchy are not that far off of reality.... 

There is NO in-flight Beverage Service on the 747 to HELL!

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »

funny story...and true....I met one of the Iron Coffins a few years back...nice guy....I worked in a local business that served people from all walks of life...one of my male co-workers was terrified of our new friend and was seriously intimidated by this man....at some point, our new friend asked my husband if he wanted to bring his motorcycle to a 'cookout' at the clubhouse over the weekend.....my co-worker asked why he wasn't invited as well.....the IC told him....'we have enough women already....." loved it....and this IC was about my age and a grandfather....so, like the rest of us....age spares no one...
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »

Since belonging to a motorcycle gang stopped being cool about 30 years ago, I would love to know the average age of these "gangsters".

I hope the new clubhouse comes fully equipped with a wheelchair ramp, bingo machine, and bulk metamucil behind the bar.

...with plenty of outlets for their scooters.

Does the Iron Coffins motorcycle club have a height limit?   Most of the guys running around with their jackets seem to be small in stature.
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"A rising tide lifts all the boats." ~ President John F. Kennedy

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »

And, anyone claiming to be invited in after making a bar acquaintance over a few beers (unless you are a female) is COMPLETE and utter bull. 

ALL new faces are scrutinized pretty well and just because you're in the door at the invitation of a particular member does NOT mean your visit will go well. 
You can believe whatever you want but it happened.

We had sort of a (southern?) rock trio band and decided to take a break from practice and stopped at a little bar on the river just off of exit 13.

We're a jovial lot...nothing wrong with some fellow brothers from a different mother extending a little after-hours hospitality.

Of course we're not the pencil-neck white collar types either.
Guess we sort resembled bikers ourselves.
Although I guess one of us could've been a narc and infiltrated the group....but it wasn't like that.

I recall the long bar was on the right upon entering....and a bunch a bar tables w/chairs were on the left.

Now share your experience.  ;)
Doesn't matter if you participated in a gang-bang....we've all had our fun back in the day.

I have lots of experience around MC clubs...Lots of Scorpions around where I grew up....as well as a smaller club called the Violators....then I moved to the stomping grounds of the Highwaymen.
Lots of stories...

Drove by the IC clubhouse before xmas and saw they were working on the roof then drove by around the first week in January and the place looked destroyed.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

I feel like such a slice of Wonder Bread! I don't think I've ever known or even met a member of a motorcycle gang, even when I was a waitress.

My closest connection to the ICs is that my Dad used to own that building and that's where he and my Mom met. It was a "family bar" back then, and my Mom was known as the 'singing waitress.' She sounded a lot like Loretta Lynn. Too bad I didn't inherit my parents' charisma! lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:56:40 PM by Monique »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »

Played some sort of wake at a biker club in the Cass Corridor...something like the Michigan Iron Riders or Detroit Iron Riders....my memory is failing.

So there I was playing drums when three bikers from the Violators strolled in.

Wouldn't you know it that one was a guy I grew up with that the last time I saw him he surprised me at a stop sign by opening my door and beating me with a boat oar.

Fortunately the oar was made out of a light wood and broke off over my head....I immediately grabbed a wrench and chased the guy but he outran me and grabbed a rifle.

My car was still in the middle of the road with the door open but I couldn't make it without being shot so I ducked behind the apt bldg and sprinted to call the cops.

Cops arrived and arrested me.....until an exgirlfriend came out of an apartment across the street and explained what she saw....the cops let me go and that's the last I saw of my "friend"

Turns out, my ex told my friend about another buddy telling me the guy was a punk while doing time in Jackson prison.

That other buddy denies telling me that today.

Anyway....there I am, stuck behind the drums, the place is full of bikers I don't know...kind of figured I was in a world of hurt.

The Violator gave me his card and said to stop by and visit.....yeah right.

The gang mentality does exist.

I used to be a carny....similar brotherhood stuff.

One time my little brother showed up at my apt in Romulus and said he was hitchhiking and a car load of guys left a pool hall on Ecorse and picked him up.

He said they punched him and roughed him up so I had him show me where the pool hall was.

We walked into the pool hall and it was deserted.
Turned around to leave and six vehicles pulled up and surrounded us.
Some had bats....they asked what I wanted...seeing the situation didn't favor us, I told 'em someone punched my bro and that if it happened to one of them they'd probably do the same thing.

One guy felt brave and started to step toward me...and I stepped toward him to let him know that would be a mistake.
I told 'em I may not win but I'll take some with me.
Eventually we backed our way out of there.
That was a close call.
But I'm amazed they set us up so cleanly.
All I can say is well done.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »

Could be a good short story, with a little tweaking. Call Duck; he's a GOOD writer!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

I don't think I've ever known or even met a member of a motorcycle gang, even when I was a waitress.

You may have never known.  Not all members wear their colors 24-7.  Like Chicken alluded to earlier (correctly), many have "regular" lives that blend right into everyday society in addition to their memberships.   

You may have.  You'd be surprised. 

But, no matter what . . . you WOULD NOT have been invited back to the clubhouse upon meeting you because you were "jovial".   Even HOLLYWOOD doesn't try to sell that story.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

However, you WOULD be able to sell Hollywood the story of "facing off" with a biker who is accompanied by other bikers and have enough brains left to "attempt to" brag about it.  In fact, that is STRICTLY Hollywood.  ;D ;D

This is starting to sound like some "I'm badder than you" contest. 

Funny.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »

You may have never known.  Not all members wear their colors 24-7.  Like Chicken alluded to earlier (correctly), many have "regular" lives that blend right into everyday society in addition to their memberships.   

You may have.  You'd be surprised. 

But, no matter what . . . you WOULD NOT have been invited back to the clubhouse upon meeting you because you were "jovial".   Even HOLLYWOOD doesn't try to sell that story.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

However, you WOULD be able to sell Hollywood the story of "facing off" with a biker who is accompanied by other bikers and have enough brains left to "attempt to" brag about it.  In fact, that is STRICTLY Hollywood.  ;D ;D

This is starting to sound like some "I'm badder than you" contest. 

Funny.
It's no secret that you hold right-wing views near and dear but if you'd just try to give logic a chance at least once in your life...you may not appear so clueless at best....and vindictive at worst.

I doubt a badder-than-you attitude would make friends anywhere and I'm not sure how you came to imagine a biker-face-off happened.

If you're talking about the time my ex-buddy walked in while I played the drums at a biker club in the Cass corridor....that's hardly bragging....I was in fear for my life and just lucky I didn't need a fresh change of underwear.

I sense you have an unrealistic and unfounded fear of bikers.

What you fail to understand is they put their pants on one leg at a time just like everybody else.

I've already proved my story to be true when I described the layout of the interior....but then facts mean little to you...especially when it runs counter to your preconceived notions....the big bad bikers.

Certainly they can be dangerous....but the same can be said for anybody.

Club members are like family....much like Moose club members...or most any other organization one can think of.

It's a shame an incident of the past can color the opinions of the present.

Much like everybody is now well acquainted with the term "going postal"....associated with the USPS just because of a few bad incidents.

Or a few bad seeds in the OWS protests....it's hardly representative of the groups as a whole.

But I doubt anything I've said will have any impact on you....the collective ignorance of the right is well documented and an exception to the rule....as pertains to my current "don't judge the group by the actions of a few incidents that occurred way back in history" diatribe.  :P
John Stuart Mill

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »

I have no idea what you think you know. 

I have a few friends who are members in that and other clubs.  They are great people.

And, I wonder just what history of mine you're speaking of. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »

I have no idea what you think you know. 

I have a few friends who are members in that and other clubs.  They are great people.

And, I wonder just what history of mine you're speaking of.
Don't get paranoid....any secrets you may have are no business of mine....besides, I've yet to hear of that "thang" wearing out from overuse.  ;D

Well it appears you could've validated where I said the bar was located in the IC clubhouse but chose not to for some reason and then continued to question my honesty.

Certainly makes one wonder about your honesty.  ;)
John Stuart Mill

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up