MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?  (Read 83900 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 07:03:29 AM »

A new business going in at Front and Monroe...  something with a Z to start the name...  another coffeehouse maybe?

and in the old Walmart store a new "Ollie's Bargain Outlet"...   saw the sign yesterday and it says opening at the end of June...   they have a sign up for "help wanted" and I did find their website and here's some more info on the employment:

https://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/jobs/jobDetail.aspx?OpportunityID=750&StoreID=155&postalcode=&radius=10000&type=0&order=&page=

I guess it's worth posting this under the Businesses category too ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »

I saw a sign painted on a side of a building and wondered when the city changed the ordiance?
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »

They're shooting a movie scene in front of Gus' Barber Shop right now.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »

As we were heading south on Telegraph at Rauch Road this morning I saw the MCRC crews starting to do the "chip 'n seal" job on Rauch road... 

It may not be a perfect road when it's done but it will sure have to be a major improvement 8) 8) 8)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »

They did "fix" the gravel wash outs on Exeter Rd.    noticed it on my way to visit the Red Horse Inn.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »

I am embarrassed to have out of towners come to visit me when they have to use I-75.  Whoever is in charge of maintaining this part of 75 should be accountable.  There is a bazillion tire parts all over the sides of the road. 

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 07:54:58 AM »

Political signs are starting to clutter most corners - where they probably don't even have permission to post them...   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »

As we were heading south on Telegraph at Rauch Road this morning I saw the MCRC crews starting to do the "chip 'n seal" job on Rauch road... 

It may not be a perfect road when it's done but it will sure have to be a major improvement 8) 8) 8)

We took a detour down Rauch Rd. Monday on our way to Toledo to see how the MCRC's resurfacing project was holding up.  Very surprised to see that 3 weeks after they started all I see they've done is add a couple of feet of asphalt to either side of the road.  They have cleaned some of the ditches too but it seems like they may have done that before they started the paving back on July 23rd :-\ :-\ :-\

No wonder it takes so long to fix the roads in Monroe County >:( >:( >:(

Crox77

• Hero Talker
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »

We took a detour down Rauch Rd. Monday on our way to Toledo to see how the MCRC's resurfacing project was holding up.  Very surprised to see that 3 weeks after they started all I see they've done is add a couple of feet of asphalt to either side of the road.  They have cleaned some of the ditches too but it seems like they may have done that before they started the paving back on July 23rd :-\ :-\ :-\

BRD-  I literally watched two weeks back the Monroe County Road Commission mow 1.1 miles in 7 hours.  I was floored.  There would be trucks stopping all day long, talking and drinking cold water/soda.  Smoking cigarettes and just doing nothing.  It is theft of PAID hours.  No use in trying to change it, they are all corrupt. 
Thank you for your update.  Tax money hard at work.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »

Why does it always take a month or longer to replace a bridge. Contractors can dig a basement, pour footers and build block walls (or pour cement ones) in less than a week. I guess contractor's business is dependant on their work, road commission isn't held accountable by anyone.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »

Rauch Rd I think is done with the tar and stone -

They are doing the same to East Dunbar from Raisinville to Telegraph...  Not impressed with the section I drove on yesterday as it was just as bumpy as the road it replaced but 3" higher.   Hopefully they weren't finished with it.

They are also doing the Noble entrance to the Manor off of Telegraph - sticking with Cement I see???   Must have someone from the cement mafia on this one - as it never lasts but they keep on trying.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

MarissaMGB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:12 AM »

Noticed alot of stores that have closed lately, Fashion bug, Blockbuster video, Antique mall on telegraph rd, that mexican take out place by Kroger,,,,,Curves for women...Jeff tuttles BBq place (thats been gone a while) ... there was another but cant remember now.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2013, 07:58:07 PM »

I see MDOT is installing more electronic signboards on I-75...  northbound lane about a mile south of the South Rockwood exit and in the southbound lanes just about opposite the one that's been in the northbound lanes in Frenchtown Township.  I think maybe they're moving the cameras up to where this new one is...  there's some kind of a strange looking globe hanging down on a pole right behind it...  it might be a drone launch pad :o :o :o

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »

BRD......stop saying that stuff about the drones, it is going to make me wrap another layer of tin on my hat.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »

BRD......stop saying that stuff about the drones, it is going to make me wrap another layer of tin on my hat.

I've actually been pricing them for taking some videos and photos for my work...  the problem is the law is very, very vague on if they can be used or not...  but I can sure see us having some fun with one ;) ;) ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70   Go Up