MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?  (Read 60746 times)

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
Re: Notice any thing new driving around Monroe County?
« Reply #945 on: May 10, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »

Haven't noticed it - I'll have to check it out.   
There is a volunteer firefighter that lives on W 8th  It could be on his property, just as a memorial

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #946 on: June 09, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »

Curious what is going on the field next to the college...   they have worked up ground and have all kinds of colored flags in the rows as if they were conducting a seed plot test...   

Is this a college thing or someone else?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #947 on: June 09, 2018, 09:12:12 PM »

They planted some stuff.  Ned Birkey plowed it up.  In the paper today....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #948 on: June 10, 2018, 08:42:00 AM »

Curious what is going on the field next to the college...   they have worked up ground and have all kinds of colored flags in the rows as if they were conducting a seed plot test...   

Is this a college thing or someone else?

It's 'both'...    article explains it pretty well.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180609/college-hosting-research-community-food-test-plots

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #949 on: June 11, 2018, 03:52:00 AM »

They're tearing down the former BP Station on N. Dixie in front of Detroit Beach. 

Anyone know if something new is going in there?

I see that the tall aerial sign post at the site of the old Howard Johnson motel is pretty much the only thing left standing. 

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #950 on: June 11, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »

It's 'both'...    article explains it pretty well.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180609/college-hosting-research-community-food-test-plots

I saw this right after I posted...  I guess I should have walked out and got the paper sooner  :) 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #951 on: June 11, 2018, 07:24:12 AM »

They're tearing down the former BP Station on N. Dixie in front of Detroit Beach. 

Anyone know if something new is going in there?

I see that the tall aerial sign post at the site of the old Howard Johnson motel is pretty much the only thing left standing. 

I imagine its all part of the landscape changes to come when they start building the Hospital... 

Curious how long before they start wanting to widen the road - and put in more traffic lights.

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »

The old four sided Kroger sign at the old shopping plaza on the Dixe in MonroeTown is laying on the ground the last couple of days.  It doesn't look like it fell but not sure why they'd just leave it laying there either.  They took the sign faces out when they closed the store 25 or so years ago. 

I'm surprised the scrappers haven't gotten it yet...

maybe that's what they're hoping will happen.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #953 on: August 22, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »

They're tearing down what was most likely originally and old gas station at the corner of M-151 and the Dixie.  The only activity I've seen there for years is they occasionally open up and sell fireworks.  Probably 15 or 20 years ago someone fixed the old building up a bit and put a steel roof on it.  Still, just fireworks for sale once in a while. 

Does anyone know any history on the building or businesses that might have been there?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Up