MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Man dead in Milan shooting

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Man dead in Milan shooting  (Read 4075 times)

arpydave

• Hero Talker
Re: Man dead in Milan shooting
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »

Diggity dang! Now just where is that "ignore" button again?
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »

And your clear evidence, based on what FACTS, shows this?
At risk of being redundant, several neighbors called the police, not the resident.
I cannot imagine anyone under the same circumstances not calling the police.

I merely state that at this point everything is CONJECTURE.  I merely point out a plausible explanation.
You theory of being too busy to call the police is unlikely in my opinion.

But I am aware of you FF.  I don't post frequently, I only say what I feel needs saying.  But I do pop in and out now and then as a "guest".  And I've seen your style.

You're a Troll.  You just stir the pot to get interaction in your lonely life.  You add no value,...
Note that you're the one tossing out insulting pejoratives...the topic was civil up 'til you found someone wasn't buying what you were selling.

...your thoughts and opinions become less and less meaningless as one follows you. 
So in other words....more meaningful.
Thanks for the unintended compliment.
   ;D

Just like CK, I guess you are relegated to "Ignore Hell".
It's silly to ignore people just because they disagree with you.
Just be patient, another story will eventually appear where you can fight til the death for the right to bear arms....and kill humans that dare knocking that chip from your shoulder....unintentionally or not.....it's just not this particular story.

And please be aware that I have no dogs in this fight.....it's the jumping to conclusions that irks me as well as the false impression that it's perfectly okay to shoot people that are running away...or even catching an alleged thief and executing them without due process.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »

An updated article from the AnnArbor.com website...

It does state the man killed was shot several times...

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/man-fatally-shot-in-milan-is-identified/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »

The updated story also said:
Police said someone who was inside the home followed Ogden and the other man along a path and fatally shot Ogden.

He was summarily murdered.

B & E isn't a capital offense.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »

http://annarbor.com/news/crime/man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-in-milan/?cmpid=NL_DH_topheadlines

"Robert Goupill, 50, who is licensed to grow medical marijuana, was arraigned Monday afternoon in 1st District Court in Monroe County on charges of manslaughter and manufacturing a controlled substance, Interim Milan Police Chief Jeremy Nieman said."

"Nieman said Goupill faces the drug charge because he was growing more marijuana than legally permitted."

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »

http://annarbor.com/news/crime/man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-in-milan/?cmpid=NL_DH_topheadlines

"Robert Goupill, 50, who is licensed to grow medical marijuana, was arraigned Monday afternoon in 1st District Court in Monroe County on charges of manslaughter and manufacturing a controlled substance, Interim Milan Police Chief Jeremy Nieman said."

"Nieman said Goupill faces the drug charge because he was growing more marijuana than legally permitted."

The pieces start to fall together 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »

So . . . it was drug related? ? ? ? ? ? ?   And they were ALL bad guys?    And one of them ended up dead?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sometimes when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a . . . well . . . . anyway.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »

So . . . it was drug related? ? ? ? ? ? ?   And they were ALL bad guys?    And one of them ended up dead?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sometimes when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a . . . well . . . . anyway.

And the ducks take another beating 8* 8* 8*

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »

And the ducks take another beating 8* 8* 8*

I was going to say, "You lay with dogs, you get fleas", but I was sensitive to not offend dog lovers.   Ugh! ;D

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »

Licensed to grow medical marijuana is hardly the drug deal some would have you believe.

Manslaughter seems too light considering he tracked down and murdered the guy.  >:(

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »

Licensed to grow medical marijuana is hardly the drug deal some would have you believe.

Manslaughter seems too light considering he tracked down and murdered the guy.  >:(

I wonder just how much "extra" he was growing beyond what his permit allowed ??? ??? ???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 08:39:28 AM »

Here's more info from the MEN...

looking over the reader comments at the bottom I wonder if some of them even bothered to read the entire article before they commented ??? ??? ???

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120228/NEWS01/702289955

family man

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »

One less p.o.s. on the streets.

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »

I'm going to wait for the actual evidence before I pass judgement.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

One thing on this case is to remember is self defense, how does Michigan law define self defense? Self Defense is a countermeasure that involves defending oneself, one's property or the well-being of another from harm.  A Home invader running away would not fall into that definiton because he is no longer a threat.   Now if he fired a gun after he was fired upon by the home invader as the homeowners lawyer has stated, is it still truly self defense because he chased the home invader off his property thus creating a new situation where he created a threat?   Because once the Home invader was off the homeowners property and running away, what immediate threat did he present?

As for the charge of manafacturing the drugs, I do not know what is allowed under the law, but would you want to grow the weed in your own home and make your home a target for criminals putting you and your family in danger? I know I would not.

I believe the reason he was charged with manslaughter is because of the circustances of this whole situation.   I do not believe they could have had a murder charge stick, and looking at the FB comments on the MEN's site about this, a impartial jury may be hard to find in the County,  I possibly see a change of venue for this trial being looked at. 

It will be interesting to see how this whole case plays out in the justice system.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up