MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Sex abuse allegations

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sex abuse allegations  (Read 1981 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Sex abuse allegations
« on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:32 AM »

Philadelphia Archbishop Charles Chaput says five priests have been found not suitable for ministry due to substantiated allegations of sexual abuse or boundary violations.

Chaput says three priests will be returned to ministry while another died during the investigation. He also says 17 other cases have been investigated but the findings are not being announced Friday.

The cardinal also offered his profound apology to the victims of clergy abuse.

The announcements come as a former church official stands trial in the city on child-endangerment charges for allegedly helping the archdiocese cover up abuse complaints.

A February 2011 grand jury report that spawned that case alleges that dozens of accused priests were still active in Philadelphia, despite a zero-tolerance policy among U.S. bishops. The accusations ranged from sexual abuse to inappropriate boundary issues.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57428234-504083/5-pa-priests-unsuitable-for-ministry-after-sex-abuse-allegations-philadelphia-archbishop-charles-chaput-says/

5 Priests Booted From Ministry

In an investigation of 17 Roman Catholic priests, five were deemed unsuitable to stay in the Philadelphia ministry because of sexual-abuse allegations. The inquiry comes during the trial for a former top aide at the archdiocese, who allegedly mishandled and discredited 12 years of abuse complaints in the area. The grand-jury investigation that led to the trial also claimed there were dozens of abusive priests still employed by the church. In response, the archdiocese hired a former child-sex-crimes prosecutor to reopen all the former allegations against current priests.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/05/04/5-priests-booted-from-ministry.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:23:27 AM by Frenchfry »
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
Re: 5 Pa. priests unsuitable for ministry after sex abuse allegations
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »

No wonder the sisters are rebelling.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Catholic Clergyman Testified He Was Following Orders When He Covered Up Child Sex Abuse
Catholic Clergyman Testified He Was Following Orders When He Covered Up Child Sex Abuse

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:42:55 AM »

The only way to root out pedophilia in the Catholic Church is for Catholics to speak out and demand it! Quit standing by and letting it happen and helping cover it up! Catholic leadership of Monroe don't think we don't know!!!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Pedophile Priest Receive Large Cash Payouts From Catholic Church After Sexually Abusing Children
Pedophile Priest Receive Large Cash Payouts From Catholic Church After Sexually Abusing Children

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:30:31 AM »

Where is the Catholic outcry? Stop funding the child RAPISTS!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Sex abuse allegations
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 01:24:30 AM »

Priest: Blame Teens For Seducing Us Into Sex

"In a recent interview with the National Catholic Register, Father Benedict Groeschel, of the conservative Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, said that teens act as seducers in some sexual abuse cases involving priests..."

Priest: Blame Teens For Seducing Us Into Sex

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

Priest Psychologist That Counsels Pedophile Priests Blames Children For Seducing The Priests

Priest Psychologist That Counsels Pedophile Priests Blames Children For Seducing The Priests

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 07:21:34 AM »

WOW.....unfreakingbelievable.  Turn the blame to the victims, unreal.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up