MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Off to the race war.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: Off to the race war.  (Read 14403 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: Off to the race war.
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »

Funny you've disparaged the mere thought of a right-winger intentionally trying to make the left look bad and yet you've glommed onto fake rightie site as if it's the gospel.  8*

Blah, blah, blah. 

Blind, lefty, lying, libelous liberal.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »

I am so tired of your blind partisanship....  where is the ignore button again?

:o

Blah, blah, blah. 

In someway I think it is a valid criticism in that the report of what actually occurred at Oberlin College appeared on a website that is not a “main stream” site, if you will.  Yet it is a bit like questioning the messenger instead of the message although I don't think that (questioning the messenger) is libelous.       

But in my view the real criticism should be now, since the behavior of Mr. Bleier has been discovered, will the more mainstream media report on it with the same vigor and passion that they did before.  It was the Huffington post that reported in March 2012 that the FBI would be investigating the incidents.  The Guardian, CNN and the NY Times all reported that Oberlin had made the decision to cancel classes as a result of the incidents and held a “day of solidarity” in the campus chapel for the 2,800 students.   

Thankfully some in the media as evidence by the Washington Post (without naming the student) reported today that the student admitted to posting the anti-Islamic flyers, Nazi Flag and superimposing the President of Oberlin’s face onto a photo of Adolph Hitler.  He has apparently stated that his actions were a “joke” to provoke a reaction.   

The administration of Oberlin should be complimented for taking disciplinary action against both students and for releasing a statement that condemned the actions by saying; “It didn’t make it less real for those who had to endure it firsthand, and creating and atmosphere where people are afraid and feel threatened – it isn’t a joke” (Scott Wargo, Oberlin College spokesman). 

Although the police have made the decision to not bring charges, I wonder if any organization will attempt to recoup the investigation cost from the local police and FBI from the students who perpetrated the behavior. 

I actually feel bad for Mr. Bleier and the other student (or anyone that commits such acts) because, IMO, it sad that they feel committing such acts in an effort to forward the opinions they hold was either acceptable or “funny” as they clearly are neither. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/student-racist-postings-on-campus-of-oberlin-college-meant-as-a-joke/2013/08/25/20d91946-0de6-11e3-a2b3-5e107edf9897_story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/oberlin-fbi_n_2833331.html

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/us/ohio-oberlin-hate-incidents

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/education/oberlin-cancels-classes-after-series-of-hate-related-incidents.html?_r=0

"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Ash Williams

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »

In someway I think it is a valid criticism in that the report of what actually occurred at Oberlin College appeared on a website that is not a “main stream” site, if you will.  Yet it is a bit like questioning the messenger instead of the message although I don't think that (questioning the messenger) is libelous.       

But in my view the real criticism should be now, since the behavior of Mr. Bleier has been discovered, will the more mainstream media report on it with the same vigor and passion that they did before.  It was the Huffington post that reported in March 2012 that the FBI would be investigating the incidents.  The Guardian, CNN and the NY Times all reported that Oberlin had made the decision to cancel classes as a result of the incidents and held a “day of solidarity” in the campus chapel for the 2,800 students.   

Thankfully some in the media as evidence by the Washington Post (without naming the student) reported today that the student admitted to posting the anti-Islamic flyers, Nazi Flag and superimposing the President of Oberlin’s face onto a photo of Adolph Hitler.  He has apparently stated that his actions were a “joke” to provoke a reaction.   

The administration of Oberlin should be complimented for taking disciplinary action against both students and for releasing a statement that condemned the actions by saying; “It didn’t make it less real for those who had to endure it firsthand, and creating and atmosphere where people are afraid and feel threatened – it isn’t a joke” (Scott Wargo, Oberlin College spokesman). 

Although the police have made the decision to not bring charges, I wonder if any organization will attempt to recoup the investigation cost from the local police and FBI from the students who perpetrated the behavior. 

I actually feel bad for Mr. Bleier and the other student (or anyone that commits such acts) because, IMO, it sad that they feel committing such acts in an effort to forward the opinions they hold was either acceptable or “funny” as they clearly are neither. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/student-racist-postings-on-campus-of-oberlin-college-meant-as-a-joke/2013/08/25/20d91946-0de6-11e3-a2b3-5e107edf9897_story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/oberlin-fbi_n_2833331.html

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/us/ohio-oberlin-hate-incidents

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/education/oberlin-cancels-classes-after-series-of-hate-related-incidents.html?_r=0

mr will
I gives ya credit fer bein tha onlee one awill try ta talk to mr french

ya slung some hard uns at em diggerin up his nasy mouth an thin ked ya was doin tha hear

to nasty uns nise an neet ta tellin thay juss like mr french an nope ya juss use it ta talk liken it aint nothin ill within it

gots a buncha pits sayerin tha kettle is blacker an thay is '

bitchin at mr french fer stuff an makn like the rester tha kettles aint black is bein juss like em jus mebbe more politelike

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »

mr will
I gives ya credit fer bein tha onlee one awill try ta talk to mr french

ya slung some hard uns at em diggerin up his nasy mouth an thin ked ya was doin tha hear

to nasty uns nise an neet ta tellin thay juss like mr french an nope ya juss use it ta talk liken it aint nothin ill within it

gots a buncha pits sayerin tha kettle is blacker an thay is '

bitchin at mr french fer stuff an makn like the rester tha kettles aint black is bein juss like em jus mebbe more politelike

I have ZERO idea what you are trying to communicate.  I get it that it is some strange "persona" that you have adopted (whomever you are) but the truth is if you want to get your opinion out please try to make it where it can be read.  I understand we all make spelling and grammar errors and in fairness that is fine as this is a forum but when others are unable to understand what you are saying then your voice / opinion is lost. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Ash Williams

• Hero Talker
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »

I have ZERO idea what you are trying to communicate.  I get it that it is some strange "persona" that you have adopted (whomever you are) but the truth is if you want to get your opinion out please try to make it where it can be read.  I understand we all make spelling and grammar errors and in fairness that is fine as this is a forum but when others are unable to understand what you are saying then your voice / opinion is lost.

mr will

ya copeed

I am so tired of your blind partisanship....  where is the ignore button again?

:o

an ya copped

Blah, blah, blah. 

my date aint reddy yet     gonna be a hot un wink wink

than ya dint sayed thay was bad like ya lista mr frenh ya di

why is mr french bad an no thet nasty

iffen ya wanna showen mr french bad why no them

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »

Whyutakenjefslastednornadafrothy nsvfdklovsdjhafsdncv?

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »

A Department of Homeland Security employee who works on, among other things, the procurement of guns and ammunition for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, spends his nights and weekends preparing for a coming race war and advocating for anti-gay causes, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center. Meet Ayo Kimathi, a.k.a. “the Irritated Genie," who told his bosses at the DHS that his anti-white, anti-gay site, "War is on the Horizon," was just an entertainment site that sells concert and lecture videos.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/08/homeland-security-employee-moonlights-race-warrior/68600/

Seems Mr. Kimathi has been given the “Lois Treatment” and has been placed on paid leave. 

The Department of Homeland Security said Friday that an employee who runs a racist website predicting and advocating a race war has been put on paid administrative leave.

Ayo Kimathi, an acquisitions officer for Immigration and Customs Enforcement who is in charge of buying weapons and ammunition for the government, operates the website named "War on the Horizon." It includes descriptions of an "unavoidable, inevitable clash with the white race." Kimathi is black.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/24/dhs-employee-behind-website-promoting-race-war-on-paid-leave/#ixzz1aJZWxhbV

Honestly, I find myself struggling with this one.  I disagree with Mr. Kimathi’s opinions and after watching a few of his videos on YouTube find him offensive but am not sure how I feel about his speech being “quelled”.  I don’t think it is appropriate when the Federal Government quashes the speech of Citizens simply because we find the content offensive. 

While his words are caustic, to say the least, unless there is evidence that he has participated or advocated that others engage in violence I don’t know if his “rights” should be suppressed.  In fairness, I don't know that anyone is advocating that.   

As he has been an employee with DHS since 2009 the issue that I would find is that his social beliefs should have made him ineligible for employment and I wonder how he cleared a background investigation (sure, I know that he “supposedly” did not have the website until after his “employment” and that he was given the “go ahead” by DHS to have his website but several of the speeches on his YouTube page were from 2007 and 2008 and predated his hiring.  Nobody investigated this guy?). 

While the DHS did not know who Mr. Kimathi was it seems he was not flying under the radar as a post from “Media Take Out” dated 12/15/2010 states;

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY THAT YOU DONT CARE WHO DOES OR DOESNT WORK FOR HOMELAND SECURITY?

December 15, 2010: Im asking this question to you in the context of the revelation about the Black Conscious Revolutionary known as the "Irritated Genie"(Ayo Kimathi of Washington , DC)...

Heres the facts as already known...This gentleman has created an organization that advocates the violent overthrow of the American Government and the murder of all white people(and all black people who dont agree with their rhetoric)...

The second fact is that this gentleman works for the American clandestine Agency known as Homeland Security...Part of Homeland Securities job is to be on the look out for Domestic Terrorism and, if need be spy on and entrap people who may pose any type of threat to the Nations National Security on a para domestic level....

Now heres my opinion....This is the equivalent during American slavery of a slave who works for SLAVE CATCHERS and goes around to all the plantations trying to provoke the slaves to run away....

So from your spiritual Afrocentric galactical viewpoint, you dont see anything out of order or suspcious about this?..I mean , lets keep it real for a minute and lets talk real talk...

This guy is the mentor and great friend of your good friend SANKOFA BIRD... How deep does this rabbitt hole go?

Seriously!  The NSA can capture millions of cellphone meta data and emails but a guy that works for the damn government goes “unknown” for years eventhough he advocates the killing of others!  WTH! 

http://partners.mediatakeout.com/users/Rev_Billybob/116305/daisy-dooks-please-explain-what-you-mean-when-you-say-that-you-dont-care-who-does-or-doesnt-work-for-homeland-security

Well, since my initial post on the paid leave of Mr. Kimathi, Huffington Post has posted an article that indicates Mr. Kimathi has responded to not only his paid leave but has said, “the war is on.” So I wanted to edit it to include his words. 

Mr. Kimathi stated that his pseudonym, “Irritated Genie” is under attack from “the Zionist small hats, the Uncle Tom koons, the white-sex offenders, the haters, the conspiracy theorist, etc.”

Funny that a guy who sells a series of videos that calls all white-sex “perversion” and that Pres. Obama is, “a treasonous mulatto scum dweller who will fight against reparations for Black People in Amerikkka, but in favor of fag rights for freaks in Amerikka and Afrika” thinks the “conspiracy” is against HIM.  Seriously?  Mr. Kimathi – your website published an “Enemies List” that included Pres. Obama, Al Sharpton, Condolezza Rice and Gen. Colin Powell (among others), what the heck did you think was going to happen?  But, sure, Mr. Kimathi, YOU’RE being targeted.   

Now that his website has been “targeted”, Mr. Kimathi is “giving away” his books.  Maybe they will become collectors / curiosity items in the future.  Just think the selling point could be, “here is a book written by a guy that proselytized against whites, gays and the U.S. Government all the while working for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security” – wow.  Mr. Kimathi maybe a bright guy, I have no clue, but it seems he has the Jeff George affliction, tons of talent (yeah the guy is a passionate and compelling speaker) but about .11 cents worth of common sense. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/26/ayo-kimathi-racist_n_3818883.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:18:54 PM by Will Sweat »

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »

Racism is a very real concern and a horrible part of the human condition.  However, when reports of "racism" or ethnic hate in any form are used as a "sword" to forward an agenda they do nothing, IMO, but diminish the very real incidents of ethnic discrimination.  The United States has laws that are to act as a "shield" to protect citizens from such discrimination however "creating" a situation like was done at Oberlin chips away at that shield, IMO. 

Sadly while Oberlin is a "high profile" incident it appears not to be a stand-alone incident and in New Jersey a sixteen-year-old high school student has engaged in similar behavior.

The black St. Peter’s Prep student who purportedly received racist text messages warning him to drop out of the Jersey City high school's student government election sent the texts to himself, a school official confirmed last week.

The 16-year-old was running for president for the Student Council in May when he supposedly received four hateful text messages. He brought them to the attention of school officials who called in his father and police.

"We have NEVER and will NEVER have an (n-word) to lead our school," was one of the messages supposedly sent to the 16-year-old student, who at the time, was a resident in Jersey City.
The message went on to call President Obama by his middle name Hussein and used a racial slur in referring to Obama, a police report said. "We will never make that mistake again. Drop out right now . . ." it continued, a police report said.

A second message read "Whites! Your a waste on this earth, a waste at this school, and most importantly a Waste for this campaign." That message called the student government candidate a "slave" and used a racial slur, a report said

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/08/the_black_st_peters_prep_student_who_received_racist_text_during_his_run_for_student_council_sent_th.html

Imagine the divide this caused within the school and community.  As with Mr. Bleier (Oberlin), I feel sorry for this kid and find it sad that he made the decision to use such a strategy to gain attention in the election.  Clearly like Mr. Bleier, he must have believed it would do something that would benefit either himself or support the social ideals he holds.  Clearly he is wrong. 

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55:06 AM »

A lot of people don't like Bill O'Reilly but he has been getting to the bottom of the race problems.  I hope he keeps it going.  Putting the blame on black family's and squarely on the backs of guys like Al Sharpton and jesse jackson . Even accusing them of profiting from it. Said they were paid thousands to speak at recent events in Wash Dc to stir up the blacks,

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »

A lot of people don't like Bill O'Reilly but he has been getting to the bottom of the race problems.  I hope he keeps it going. 

From “his” prospective he is addressing issues that he believes are the “cause” of the problem.  I think there is agreement that many issues have worked against the black community:  decline in the so-called “nuclear family”, decline in educational standards and attainment, unemployment rates, crime and (IMO) the decline of moral leadership from spiritual institutions. 

Yet the truth is that ALL of those declines are not homogeneous to the black community and have impacted society in general.  Many are, IMO, based on social goals and the acceptance of “alternative means of attainment” to reach those goals which can be seen largely from folks (of all ethnicities) living in poverty. 

Consider the rise of “gangs” as a means to “profit” from the sale of drugs along with the rise in sex trafficking, theft of raw materials (metal scrappers) and other means of gaining the generally accepted ideals of achievement; Money, Power and Respect.  Poor or not most humans want the same things, which is to live in a safe community, decent home and to have material possessions that make them happy. 

While I understand the desire to make this a “black community” issue the truth is that it is a “societal” issue that impacts most poor people in America.  Think of the recent television programs “Moon shiner’s” the offshoot “Tickle” and even the program “Hatfield’s and McCoy’s”.  All “glamorize” folks who are / were (under the law) criminals yet they find a tacit acceptance. 

Putting the blame on black family's (my edit)

The societal changes of the last fifty-years have been out of the hands of most families.  While it is correct, IMO, to hold all families accountable for the behavior of the children they have along with requesting that those families behave in a lawful manner the reality is that to obtain “success” one must have a decent education. 

Over my lifetime the education system has become more and more a venue to address the root needs of the student and less about “education”.  While I find this to be inappropriate on a personal level the truth is how in the heck can we ask an educator to perform well if the student’s arrive at school hungry, without the proper supplies (further draining the limited resources of the school), tired because of a lack of sleep (yes, sometimes caused by poor supervision but other times caused by distressed communities where students are kept awake because of “adolescent adults” creating unsafe environments with drug sales and violence) and without proper clothing or hygiene. 

Sure it would be simple to say that all of these “core needs” should be placed on the family and in some respect that is true.  However to believe this, I feel, simply ignores the generations of students (now parents) that because of the diminished educational system are either unable to find work (because they lack the skills) or because our “political” structure has created and environment where it is cheaper for companies to move production off shore thereby allowing for a loss of employment opportunities. 

It is a “chicken and egg” problem, IMO.  What came first – the decline of the family or the decline in education that would allow people as adults to gain moderate employment?  To argue either is a distinction without a difference as it does not address the underlying issue of “what do we do” to solve the problem, in my view.  I am of the belief that education must be the first priority.  However – we have to accept that we have left several generations of poor behind and we must decide how we will address that.  Again, I do not see this as a “black community” issue but a “poverty” issue.  If we want we can call it a “green issue”. 

Think about this for a second, please.  Someone (person, group, organization) has benefited over the years by allowing a reduction in educational attainment (notice, I did not say “standards” as the “standards” are fine but it is the across the board attainment of students and entire schools which is the problem), movement of business out of communities (both individual States and the United States as a whole) because of a variety of “financial” and “political” reasons (some valid, some not).  While it is easy to be angry with the “family” for not doing the job they should just exactly when in the hell are we going to be mad at our political structure for allowing this environment to thrive? 

(my edit) and squarely on the backs of guys like Al Sharpton and jesse jackson .

I get the “concern” about folks like Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson but the truth is the black community is not a monolithic group so why do we treat them as such? 

I believe were the underlying socio-economic issues addressed (education being key) it would diminish the so-called “power” or Rev. Sharpton, Rev. Jackson and others.

Even accusing them of profiting from it. Said they were paid thousands to speak at recent events in Wash Dc to stir up the blacks,

Sure, Rev. Sharpton, Rev. Jackson and others profit from the ability they have to speak to others.  However so to does Gov. Palin, Sen. Cruz, Former Rep. West and so many others.  We live in a free market system and I have no problems with anyone of them profiting from the skill they have – even if I disagree with it. 

Consider that while Rev. Sharpton has been made a touchstone by Mr. O’Reily the truth is there are guys like Alex Jones, Michael Savage and others who are pretty much the same yet the “white community” is not seen as a monolithic group with a handful of unelected “leaders” whose voice must be broadcast. 

Again – I honestly believe this is a “green issue” and one that will only be solved by an improvement of the educational system.  This will cost us as a nation hundreds of millions of dollars and will leave generations behind that we will have to figure out the best means (using government and business) to assist them in moving forward.  Even if we commit to making these changes it will take years and many of us will be dead long before the “goals” are achieved. 

Or . . . I guess we could continue the path we are on which has seen a reduction in educational attainment, lack of employable skills (within much of the poor community) and movement of American business either off shore or to more “functional” communities because, well . . . THAT seems to be working so “well” for us, right? 

BTW; while I don't watch the "Factor", I have read Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy and found both to be very good books.  He is a smart guy, no question and has a very honorable degree from Harvard.  No slouch at all. 

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:38 PM »

I wonder how the Liberals are going to go about smearing Dr Carson's reputation.

I am sure they are appalled by everything he says and everything he stands for.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »

I've heard Dr. Carson speak, several times.  I think he's brilliant.

If he ran for president, I would vote for him in a heartbeat... And NOT because he's black...

Well, liberals? What say you?
~ Albert Einstein

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »

Dry asparagus prompts allegations of racism against Missouri grocery store

According to Stephen Deere, David Olander, a local resident who serves on the city’s human relations commission, noticed the asparagus was not sitting in any water while shopping in May.

“It was just sitting there dried out,” he said.

Olander asked an assistant manager if the quality of the asparagus had any relationship to the store’s location in a black neighborhood.

"I certainly hope not," the assistant manager reportedly said.

But Olander was so concerned about the asparagus he wrote a letter to CEO Scott Schnuck. That letter prompted a meeting with employees Deere said was "tinged with allegations that the St. Louis area’s largest grocery chain was discriminating against minority communities."

Unbelievable.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dry-asparagus-prompts-allegations-of-racism-against-missouri-grocery-store

~ Albert Einstein

old salt

• Hero Talker
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »

"But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred."

50 years ago, and now pResident seven iron will once again open his pie hole and misinterpret history.

What Government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms, and killing people.  It's not good at much else.

Tom Clancy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37   Go Up