MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Pastor Calls for Government to Kill Homosexuals

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Pastor Calls for Government to Kill Homosexuals  (Read 10008 times)

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
Pastor Calls for Government to Kill Homosexuals
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/30/kansas-pastor-calls-on-u-s-government-to-kill-lgbt-people/
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Pastor Calls for Government to Kill Homosexuals
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »

What happened to commandment # 6?

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »

He was quoting Leviticus.  To me this is hate speech and he should probably be arrested.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »

There was an amendment made to Exodus 20:13 - "Thou shalt not kill."

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »

It's funny how people forget that Xerxes.  It's people like this thst make me glad I don't have children.

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »

Yeah.

Jesus said, "You've heard it said, in the law of Moses... BUT I say to you." It's unfortunate those who wrote the New Testament didn't add a verse on not killing gays and mouthy children.

I'd like to have a child. And I'd teach them how there's scientific evidence that people are born with homosexual dispositions, so it's NOT evil or wrong to be homosexual.

Christians don't support killing back talking children, because they don't agree with that verse. The only reason they complain about homosexuality is they love the DRAMA. They love the contention. It's the lustful nature of man to contend with others, and if they can use the Bible to satisfy their craving of contention, they'll use it.

I admit, I'm sometimes guilty of using various things to satisfy my craving to contend.  :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:03:59 PM by Xerxes »

LessGovernment

• Hero Talker
  • "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom"
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »

Give me one historical example of a child being taken to the Israelite elders for disobedience/disrespect to parental authority; and subsequently being stoned to death in obedience to the scriptures of the Old Testament.

The verse is God's opinion on disobedience to parents; it most likely NEVER happened - the sentence proposed was deterrent enough.

As far as homosexuality goes, common sense and medical evidence suggests the parts simply don't go together anyway; so, any fool(who says there is no God) that engages in that behavior deserves what they get - and so - the majority still publicly shames it.

You Bible naysayers really need to get a hobby.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:30:12 PM by LessGovernment »
"Wherefore governments rather depend upon men than men upon governments. Let men be good, and the government cannot be bad; if it be ill, they will cure it. But, if men be bad, let the government be ever so good, they will endeavor to warp and spoil it to their turn." - William Penn

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »

Homosexuality occurs in nature.  Marriage does not.  Can't 'splain that!

MonroeMonkey

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »

Give me one historical example of a child being taken to the Israelite elders for disobedience/disrespect to parental authority; and subsequently being stoned to death in obedience to the scriptures of the Old Testament.

The verse is God's opinion on disobedience to parents; it most likely NEVER happened - the sentence proposed was deterrent enough.

You can't give a single case, in the bible, where two men were caught in homosexual acts and stoned to death. There's no way to know who was or wasn't killed in relation to Jewish laws back then.

Point is, the laws are STUPID. Eating pork and shellfish is wrong. Being gay is wrong. Sounds more like superstitions born out of ignorance than some divine command from a real Jewish blood god.

As far as homosexuality goes, common sense and medical evidence suggests the parts simply don't go together anyway; so, any fool(who says there is no God) that engages in that behavior deserves what they get - and so - the majority still publicly shames it.

You're probably not well read on scientific matters. But there's a book by head of the Human Genome Project, Dr. Francis Collins, who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ, called "The Language of God." In the appendix of the book he explains how there is solid proof for homosexuality being biological. He brings up the example of there being, on average, a 2% chance of a sibling being homosexual if one is homosexual. That percentage increases to 20% in identical twins, even if they were adopted out and never met.

You Bible naysayers really need to get a hobby.

Apparently, we have the hobby of educating ourselves with real science; a hobby you would do good to take up, so you can stop being the mockery of intelligent and educated people.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:37:36 PM by Xerxes »

Mike Ingels

• Hero Talker
    • Expatriate Monroe
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »

I know what the Bible says on the subject of same sex relationships, but I think that decades of gay partnerships and marriages are proving the Biblical stories inadequate. Gay and lesbian Americans tend to be better educated and more financially secure than the general population. Places that allow domestic partnerships and gay marriage don't see any spike in societal ills. In fact, it is difficult enough to legally enshrine a gay relationship that these marriages and partnerships are probably MORE stable and moral than the average marriage.
The world is basically good.

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »

Just remember that these types of people are, I believe, in a minority amongst those who (or is it whom) call themselves Christians.  I really gives the rest of us a bad name.  Won't debate what you think of those that do call themselves Christians and what y'all think about it.  There is a great majority of those that believe that are great people, just as the great majority of those that don't believe are great people.  The fanatics always get the headlines because it sells papers.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

ussoccer26

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »

As far as homosexuality goes, people should have the right to choose their lifestyle and if that means gay marriage than so be it. I thought we had the separation of church and state, but I guess upholding religious values is more important than the civil liberties of all.

On a side note the old testament should be completely disregarded when it comes to laws. Jesus laid down a new set of laws to be followed in the new testament.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

LessGovernment

• Hero Talker
  • "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom"
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »

So...what is gay marriage?  To me, it is nothing more than a political football to get people emotionally divided as we near another election, isn't it?

Seems to me it is just another license/certificate issued from the State ... perhaps some of you "intelligent and educated", or, some of the "intelligent, well-educated, fiscally sound" gay folks can tell me why gays want/demanding the State's blessing/permission to "marry" - my guess is only because they do not have God's blessing or permission...so...if the State grants them that "right", God can go "F" Himself; is that about it?

Funny how a minority of seemingly true supporters of libertarianism(I can do whatever the hell I want with my body) want government intervention into their private lives...why?  Just to piss off the religious voting folks I suspect.

So much for intelligence and education and progress...throw morality out the window and increase the reach of the state.

NEWS FLASH: God instituted marriage for purposes of populating the Earth, any idiot that wants to overthrow Him or His dominion over His creation is severely under-educated and not very intelligent...they "seek death" the Bible says.

Gee, would it be "scientific" to RESIST male on male, or female on female fornication?  Or, would that just be good common sense, and a reasonable medical/health judgment?

And...just how did things like Justice, Love, Mercy, Compassion, and Morality or Community Standards evolve from our ape-like ancestors?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:18:37 PM by LessGovernment »
"Wherefore governments rather depend upon men than men upon governments. Let men be good, and the government cannot be bad; if it be ill, they will cure it. But, if men be bad, let the government be ever so good, they will endeavor to warp and spoil it to their turn." - William Penn

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:22 PM »

Watch as members of the church defend the Pastor from Providence Road Baptist Church who's homophobic rant went viral on YouTube recently.

Church Members Defend Homophobic Pastor
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

So you're a libertarian Less right?  Well, if you are then why do you care if homosexuals get married?  It doesn't effect you does it?  Why should you care?  The reason they are fighting for it is because they want the same rights as heterosexual married couples.  Explain exactly why they shouldn't be allowed those same benefits without using the bible or god.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up