MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > No Comment...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: No Comment...  (Read 18406 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: No Comment...
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

I thought he said that he was going to be the recipient.

Nah - Flip is safe with firearms.

That would NEVER happen with him.

Heck - he even went in front of the firing line with me behind the trigger.

Now if that isn't trust I don't know what is.

I think you can only read that as Fry has intent of causing Flip harm.....  and making it look like an accident.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »

Stevie Wonder don't have the stones.  No worry.  His only stones reside above his eyebrows. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

Flip - I think Fry just threatened to shoot you while hunting!

I think you should report this to the authorities!

;D ;)
Only a moron would interpret my post that way.
Nah - Flip is safe with firearms.

That would NEVER happen with him.

Heck - he even went in front of the firing line with me behind the trigger.

Now if that isn't trust I don't know what is.

I think you can only read that as Fry has intent of causing Flip harm.....  and making it look like an accident.
Yeah but did YOU go in front of the firing line with HIM behind the trigger?
But then you may not be looked at as an appetizing addition to his stew.
Stevie Wonder don't have the stones.  No worry.  His only stones reside above his eyebrows. ;D
Since the report to admin isn't working...I emailed both Rob Gorczyca (Monroe news new media manager) and Jeff Brutsche (web developer) on August 20th...complaining about using real names...but it appears they've ignored me so it's time to fight fire with fire.

Yes Daryl...it's true you're a coward...couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag...so go ahead and clutch your guns in fear of your perceived enemies because your World is going to become much smaller.

If anyone wants to know anything at all about these racist righties...just contact bumfunkegypt@live.com

You righties are going to rue the day you prodded the fry.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

Wow,,,one post all fits on one screen.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2014, 02:01:43 AM »

Anti-Abortion Groups Won’t Support The ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’

The “ice bucket challenge” has taken the internet by storm over the past several weeks, and participants have raised over $22 million dollars to combat ALS, a rare neurodegenerative condition that has no cure. But some anti-abortion groups are instructing their members to stop participating.

Abortion opponents are raising concerns over the fact that the ALS Association may use the flood of recent donations to help fund embryonic stem cell research, which is often part of the search for new therapies. Catholics and conservative evangelicals contend that using embryonic stem cells in research is comparable to abortion because the cells end up being destroyed.

This was a huge culture war issue during the Bush administration, but has largely faded into the background in recent years now that it doesn’t fall as clearly across party lines. Still, though, the GOP took an official stance against embryonic stem cells in the party’s 2012 platform, and scientists warned that a Mitt Romney win could end up rolling back important innovation in new treatments for diseases.

More here:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/08/21/3474291/anti-abortion-ice-bucket/

===

Ice Bucket Challenge Kills Babies According To Religious Nut

"The stunt has become an Internet sensation, with participants including movie stars, pop singers and politicians, as well as a wide range of others. It has also inspired some moments of accidental low comedy on the Web.

But according to Kevin McCullough (American Family Association), the fun and frivolity is overshadowed by his view that “this very challenge is contributing to the on going destruction of human life – intentionally.”

"The ALS association is actively now funding embryonic stem cell research and admitting that they likely will continue to do so in the future.

The funding of embryonic stem cell research means that children are created and at their earliest stages of life they are destroyed so that the stem cells (from usually the base of the brain) can be harvested to perform tests with.

Embryonic stem cell research has proven zero percent effective in combating diseases like ALS and other neurological degenerative diseases."

Ice Bucket Challenge Kills Babies According To Religious Nut

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »

Only a moron would interpret my post that way.Yeah but did YOU go in front of the firing line with HIM behind the trigger?
But then you may not be looked at as an appetizing addition to his stew.Since the report to admin isn't working...I emailed both Rob Gorczyca (Monroe news new media manager) and Jeff Brutsche (web developer) on August 20th...complaining about using real names...but it appears they've ignored me so it's time to fight fire with fire.

Yes Daryl...it's true you're a coward...couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag...so go ahead and clutch your guns in fear of your perceived enemies because your World is going to become much smaller.

If anyone wants to know anything at all about these racist righties...just contact bumfunkegypt@live.com

You righties are going to rue the day you prodded the fry.

None of the above is worth commenting on Steve......
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »

None of the above is worth commenting on Steve......
Oh Daryl...you've just insulted the readers with your comment about not commenting.  8*

I suspect you didn't read the post again.

Can't wait to see what your hatred makes you blurt out next.  8* 8*

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »

Sacked: GOP Pastor(Troy Smith) Fumbles Badly on Constitutional Rights

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xpimduTuSQ&list=UUTCEwB_3dgYPDZv4HdKcC1w

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »

'Noah' Hate Reveals The Disturbing Hypocrisy Of Religion

"Noah director Darren Aronofsky on Tuesday responded to critics who have called his version of the biblical character an "environmental wacko."

Speaking to CNN's Christiane Amanpour, the director was asked if he believed that label to be accurate.

"It's in Genesis," he replied. "Noah is saving the animals; he's not out there saving innocent babies; he's saving the animals, he's saving creation."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdTfK66vjQ

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:02 PM »

Sorry Conservative Christians, You Don’t Get A Monopoly On Noah

If you read anything about director Darren Aronofsky’s newest epic film Noah in the past few days, it was probably about how much Christian biblical literalists hate it. Various conservative Christians such as Rick Santorum, Rick Warren, and Brian Mattson have blasted the film for diverting from the biblical narrative, calling it “pagan” and a “subversion of the biblical story.” As Ken Ham, the President of the Creation Museum who recently “debated” Bill Nye about the validity of creationism, put it: “Ultimately, there is barely a hint of biblical fidelity in this film. It is an unbiblical, pagan film from its start.”

Excusing the fact that the biblical account of Noah is itself inconsistent (Jewish and Christian scholars have long understood the 62-verse story to be an amalgamation of two different Jewish flood narratives), Ham and others aren’t technically wrong in saying that the film deviates from the text of the Bible — it does. Aronofsky, who is Jewish by heritage but a self-described atheist, has said that his Noah is “the least Biblical Biblical film ever made,” a relatively true statement if your basis for “biblical” is “strict adherence to the written text.” For instance, while the biblical text is pretty clear that all three of Noah’s boys had spouses that made it aboard the ark, a key plot point in Aronofsky’s retelling surrounds the frustration of Ham, Noah’s second son, who resents his father for prohibiting him from bringing a wife onto the ancient vessel.

But while it’s true that Aronofsky’s Noah diverges from scripture, these critiques are ultimately an arrogant slight against beautiful Jewish tradition at work in the film. Worse, they imply that conservative biblical literalism somehow has a monopoly on Noah, a position which effectively ignores the billions of other non-literal religious people who also take the story seriously — especially Jews.

Firstly, when Aronofsky says that his film is less “Biblical,” that doesn’t mean that his film is “subversive” or any less religious — it’s just religious in ways that are unfamiliar to most biblical literalists, but common practice for most Jews and non-literal Christians. When asked how he compiled the script, Aronofsky and co-writer Ari Handel, who is also Jewish, explained that they pulled heavily from Jewish Rabbinic midrash. For the uninitiated, midrash, literally “to search out,” is an ancient Jewish tradition in which Rabbis essentially add stories to the Biblical/Tanakhical narrative for educative effect. These stories aren’t meant to be given the same authority as scripture, but are instead designed to both resolve problems of interpretation as well as expose aspects of the holy narrative that would be otherwise difficult to grasp.

Unsurprisingly, a wealth of midrash exists around the Noah narrative, much of which can be seen in Aronofsky’s contemporary retelling. For example, the biblical account says little about how Noah actually built the ark or how other humans reacted to his project, but tomes of midrash explain in poetic detail how the prophet planted cedar trees to provide wood for construction and how he suffered persecution and mockery at the hands of other humans—two things that play a crucial part in Aronofsky’s Noah.

More importantly, even when Noah departs from both midrash and scripture, Aronofsky’s film is still itself a powerful form of contemporary midrash. In telling an extra-biblical tale of a tortured Noah, here admirably portrayed by a grizzled Russell Crowe, who is both hero (he ruthlessly protects his family from outsiders) and villain (he is still willing to kill his own if God wills it), Aronofsky raises valid religious questions about the Old Testament prophet that are rarely asked in Sunday school or Hebrew school. Through vivid and often harrowing portrayals of Noah single-mindedly following what he believes to be direct orders from on high, Aronofsky asks: what kind of faith does it take to close oneself off inside a massive floating vessel and listen, stoically, to an entire world die? Did Noah suffer from survivor’s guilt? If he didn’t, what does that say about faith, and what does all of this say about God? These questions are difficult but important, and it is only through the intentional deviation from the biblical narrative — a series of theological “what ifs?” played out in dramatic fashion onscreen — that we are confronted with them.

What’s more, in a time when evangelical Christian leaders such as Mark Driscoll and Bill Gothard are learning the hard way how righteous arrogance can get you into trouble (including deviating from source material), there are perhaps more than a few lessons to be gleaned from Aronofsky’s painfully human Noah. Indeed, midrash was encountered by a number of early and contemporary Christian theologians.

Granted, there are also valid critiques to be made of Aronofsky’s midrash. For example, his depiction of Noah as an unrelenting champion of vegetarianism/veganism, while based somewhat on scripture, is more than a little over-the-top. (Was it really necessary to show frenzied crowd of people ravenously pulling a live animal apart with their bare hands?) But if approached properly, Aronofsky’s Noah, like all good midrash, is both strikingly Jewish as well as a valuable tool for any person who takes the Noah narrative seriously—be they Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or even a secular American.
http://thinkprogress.org/culture/2014/04/02/3422173/conservative-christians-noah/

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »

Jesus Gassed By Nazis In Stomach-Churning Ad [VIDEO]

"A video depicting Jesus being sent to the gas chambers in Auschwitz by Nazi soldiers who describe him as 'just another Jew' has been condemned as the "most tasteless Youtube video ever".

The controversial video, 'That Jew Died for You', was produced by Jews for Jesus, a group dedicated to converting people of a Jewish faith to Christianity, and timed to coincide with Passover, Holyweek and Holocaust Remembrance Day on 28 April.

The three-minute clip, filmed in black-and white, shows terrified Jews being selected for either labour camps or the gas chambers outside Auschwitz gates by sneering Nazi guards."

Jesus Gassed By Nazis In Stomach-Churning Ad [VIDEO]

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »

Why Did Fundamentalist Christians Let Their 12-Year-Old Daughter Die?

"Defense attorneys for Travis and Wenona Rossiter, an Albany couple accused of manslaughter for the death of their 12-year-old daughter in February 2013, are seeking to exclude evidence of religious beliefs or practices during their trial.

Judge Daniel Murphy made no decision in the matter during Friday's Circuit Court hearing at the Linn County Courthouse, but said he would do so 'as soon as possible.'

"The Rossiters are members of the Church of the First Born, a fundamentalist sect that believes traditional medical treatment is sinful, and instead trust in God to heal them through faith, according to police and court documents."

Why Did Fundamentalist Christians Let Their 12-Year-Old Daughter Die?

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »

Is The Bible Pro-Life?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NHzvDpJe4

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »

Cuss warning

Poor Elderly Woman Asks The Wrong TV Preacher For Financial Advice

"Televangelist Pat Robertson on Thursday told an 80-year-old viewer, who gave more than 10 percent to the church, that she should get a job or sell stuff on eBay if she couldn’t afford her medical bills.

“My husband and I are in our 80s and have been tithing for many years,” the viewer wrote Robertson in a letter. “We both love the Lord and give willingly and our tithe is over 10 percent.”

The woman said that she thanked God for her blessings, “but we never have an extra penny after our monthly bills are paid.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cgN9X9zcY&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up