MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > Remembering those fun things you did as a kid...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering those fun things you did as a kid...  (Read 8971 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Remembering those fun things you did as a kid...
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:20 PM »

On late summer evenings when car headlights would start to come on, we would stand on either side of the street and as cars aproached, we would pretend we were pulling on a rope across the road (like tug-o-war).  It was so funny to us to be able to make cars stop, then we would run on both directions laughing hysterically. 

Air conditioning in cars was rare so windows were almost always down.  Some of the driver comments were not to be repeated, but we sure laughed!   

It was absolutely mischievous, but completely harmless. Well, other than learning new swear words . . . . . .   
Not funny...and could have easy produced disastrous results such as an emergency stop in a vehicle that doesn't stop straight. Too easy to lose control. But I guess that's just harmless fun to some.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »

Really??  ?????   8*    I guess we didn't think about the out of control crooked panic stop by someone going 10 - 15mpg as they were looking at us as they approached.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No.  It was really fun.  By today's standards of young fun, very innocent actually and harmed not a single person.

Geez.  Now the sky is falling?  No wait.  It MIGHT fall? 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Nah.  It was fun!  And nobody got hurt!  Not even ALMOST.  ;D ;D ;D

The car might have not stopped straight?   8* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »

Me and a few friends once dug a cave into the side of a creek bank out in a pasture near one of my friends house.  Spent countless hours there....in fact, drank my first beer there (Stag) that we stole from the fathers stash. 

I really wish we would have had paintball guns back then......several of us would have played that endlessly.

Strange how you can remember those things so vividly...  but if you're like me you can't remember where you left your gloves yesterday :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm thinking the Stag beer gal wouldn't have to go stag ;) ;) ;)

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

Really??  ?????   8*    I guess we didn't think about the out of control crooked panic stop by someone going 10 - 15mpg as they were looking at us as they approached.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No.  It was really fun.  By today's standards of young fun, very innocent actually and harmed not a single person.

Geez.  Now the sky is falling?  No wait.  It MIGHT fall? 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Nah.  It was fun!  And nobody got hurt!  Not even ALMOST.  ;D ;D ;D

The car might have not stopped straight?   8* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nice stab at being a role model...I'm not sure where the speed limits are that low but more importantly, at what age were you able to accurately judge how fast those vehicles were going and are you suggesting that the youth of today follow in your footsteps?
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 12:56:39 PM »

On late summer evenings when car headlights would start to come on, we would stand on either side of the street and as cars aproached, we would pretend we were pulling on a rope across the road (like tug-o-war).  It was so funny to us to be able to make cars stop, then we would run on both directions laughing hysterically. 

Air conditioning in cars was rare so windows were almost always down.  Some of the driver comments were not to be repeated, but we sure laughed!   

It was absolutely mischievous, but completely harmless. Well, other than learning new swear words . . . . . .   

fun, fun, fun......my brother and I used to take dead snakes, stick a fishing hook under their 'chin'...and when cars would come down the road...we would 'reel him in'....lots of whippings from our mom over the dangers of that :)

still, good memories for me of the brother I lost way too early
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

MarissaMGB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

So many memories to even begin writing about, but in general the most fun thing is just waking up in the morning
throwing on shorts and t shirt and playing outside all day, (I
grew in Erie) surrounded by corn, potatoe & vegatable fields. Riding my bike around, playing with my dog so many things......Some time just think what it would be like to go back in time for one day.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »

Almost every spare moment after school and when school work was done:
Outside with neighbor kids playing all the sports that were in season.  Nothing predetermined by calling or txting everyone.  Everyone just showed up.  One kid that lived at the edge of town had a big barn where we converted one side to a pretty good size basketball court. 
Many nights were spend at the river fishing all night.  Someone would ride to the grocery store and buy some hot dogs and buns so we had something to eat.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »

Thinking about it, I like the fun things I do now, as an adult.  I do what I want  to, when I want to and how I want to plus I have lots of firearms, something I could never do as a kid.

Adulthood isn't all that bad, real estate taxes and income taxes excluded.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »

. . . soon to be that season . . . . SNOWBALL FIGHTS! 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »

like throw water balloons at trucks that came thru town and occasionally hitting the outside mirror and getting the driver all wet.  Had a few stop in main street and chase us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up