MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The price of Obamacare.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 207   Go Down

Author Topic: The price of Obamacare.  (Read 84632 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: The price of Obamacare.
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »

All I can say is WOW......after I got my first paycheck of the year yesterday.  WOW.....there goes some money out of the local economy!

Oh, come on, Fuzz.  You know that you're still not paying your "fair share".

Wait till next year!
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »

All I can say is WOW......after I got my first paycheck of the year yesterday.  WOW.....there goes some money out of the local economy!

Fuzz -

Was it more then just the 2% payroll deduction increase?

I heard the withholding tables were revised to they take out more then they have been throughout the year?

I'd be interested in what individual categories went up.

I'm on a once a month pay so I won't see mine for another week or two.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »

Fed income tax actually shows a decrease of about 8%.

SSI took the big jump, nearly double.......all other deduction for Medicare and health benifits remained the same.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »

Fed income tax actually shows a decrease of about 8%.

SSI took the big jump, nearly double.......all other deduction for Medicare and health benifits remained the same.

How did SSI double?

It went from 4.2% to 6.2%?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »

Not sure......will be taking it up with Payroll later this week, but I can tell you it is not to those percentages.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Not sure......will be taking it up with Payroll later this week, but I can tell you it is not to those percentages.

Hmmmmm.....  now I wonder what was really in that fiscal cliff bill......
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 12:28:43 PM »

From PA:

WINDBER, Pa. (AP) — A southwestern Pennsylvania hospital will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can't afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.

The Windber Medical Center, about 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, is losing two obstetricians and two others are shifting their focus more to gynecology.

Hospital officials say the population of women of child-bearing age is dropping and that the number of births the hospital would be called upon to perform isn't enough for it to provide the service in the face of lower reimbursements under the federal Affordable Care Act.

The hospital delivered about 200 babies each year since restarting its obstetrics program in 2005.

Officials aren't sure how many jobs will be lost.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20603065/southwestern-pa-hospital-to-stop-baby-deliveries#ixzz2IA19zwSe
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »

That's the theme of the democrats.  Make everything bigger then it's easier to control it.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »

From PA:

WINDBER, Pa. (AP) — A southwestern Pennsylvania hospital will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can't afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.

The Windber Medical Center, about 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, is losing two obstetricians and two others are shifting their focus more to gynecology.

Hospital officials say the population of women of child-bearing age is dropping and that the number of births the hospital would be called upon to perform isn't enough for it to provide the service in the face of lower reimbursements under the federal Affordable Care Act.

The hospital delivered about 200 babies each year since restarting its obstetrics program in 2005.

Officials aren't sure how many jobs will be lost.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20603065/southwestern-pa-hospital-to-stop-baby-deliveries#ixzz2IA19zwSe

So what happens if a woman in labor shows up in the ER?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »

Hmmmmm.....  now I wonder what was really in that fiscal cliff bill......

As far as I know, there is no change in withholding as of January first, other than the employee SS tax going from 4.2% up to 6.2%.  The employer portion has been 6.2%, and that didn't change.

If anyone can prove anything different, from the IRS or State of Michigan, I would appreciate it if you would let us all know.  I've received nothing from the IRS or the state saying anything different.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »

The price of Obamacare in nationalized government run healthcare. Well unless your were a past or present public servant. Then you have a different program.

Plan is working fine. Dump hugely expensive government mandates and regulations on health insurance companies and then hammer the greedy bastards when premiums go up in the double digits. But don't worry. Government has a fix.
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »

As far as I know, there is no change in withholding as of January first, other than the employee SS tax going from 4.2% up to 6.2%.  The employer portion has been 6.2%, and that didn't change.

If anyone can prove anything different, from the IRS or State of Michigan, I would appreciate it if you would let us all know.  I've received nothing from the IRS or the state saying anything different.

Looking at my pay stub (but then I work for an Ohio based employer), only that changed, so far.  My monthly private pension check went up a bit, that suprised me.  I have taxes withheld, it makes it easier on the bank account when it's tax time.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »

The price of Obamacare in nationalized government run healthcare. Well unless your were a past or present public servant. Then you have a different program.

Plan is working fine. Dump hugely expensive government mandates and regulations on health insurance companies and then hammer the greedy bastards when premiums go up in the double digits. But don't worry. Government has a fix.

Thats us.  Government Blue Cross.  Have had it for years.  Nice little card that says 'Government Employees Health Care System' on the front.  Good as gold.

I imagine at some point Obamacare will impact it, but it will be long after most civillians take the icy plunge..... 8)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40:19 AM »

Here in Lenawee they get transfered to Adrian.  Herrick Hospital in Tecumseh dropped OB services within the last 2 years.  Of course both hospitals are owned by the same system but regardless it is more efficient for there to be just one birthing center in the county.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »

Most likely mother nature will take over...  during the ride to a hospital that has services.

Midwives will become more popular - as we revert to what used to be common, births in the home.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 207   Go Up