MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The price of Obamacare.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 195   Go Down

Author Topic: The price of Obamacare.  (Read 77506 times)

sammy

• Hero Talker
Re: The price of Obamacare.
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »

Well FF, the half black part didn't faze me one way or the other. I'm a content of a person's character guy who also focuses on policies. IMO Obama comes up exeedingly short on both counts.

On the other hand I'm a big fan of the black Senator Tim Scott from "South Carolina". So where do you go from there FF?

My guess is you are considerably less than a fan of Senator Scott, so should I assume you yourself are a racist?
Yep, he is, but he's hiding.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »

Yep, he is, but he's hiding.

Well Sammy I don't assume FF is a racist. What I do believe is he is completely blind progressive partisan that is of the mindset that slandering his opponents is OK on the basis that the ends justify the means. 
John Kopke

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2013, 04:22:46 AM »

As if crackin of ff will cure the ill of government.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2013, 05:14:56 AM »

In August 2012 CBO estimated around 4 million people would lose their employer provided health benefits due to Obamacare. 5 months later the CBO has revised this figure to 7 million.

At a town hall meeting in New Hampshire on Aug. 11, 2009, President Barack Obama repeated a line he's used many times in describing his health care proposal: "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

Any questions?

I have a question.

Who the hell was stupid enough to re-elect this joker?

THAT worries me more than any crooked politician.
Annoy a liberal.  Buy a gun!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »

Professor, it's becomming clearer and clear that Romney was right.  At least 47% of those voting are part of the entitled crowd and will always vote for a democrat.  The number is most likely over 50% in areas that have the force to control an election.

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »

words, words, words.

What an AMAZING two minutes.  If you are not familiar with Dr. Ben Carson you should check out his books. 

http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Hands-Ben-Carson-Story/dp/0310214696

http://www.blackchristiannews.com/news/2012/02/dr-ben-carson-talks-about-his-latest-book-america-the-beautiful.html
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »

words, words, words.

What an AMAZING two minutes.  If you are not familiar with Dr. Ben Carson you should check out his books. 

http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Hands-Ben-Carson-Story/dp/0310214696

http://www.blackchristiannews.com/news/2012/02/dr-ben-carson-talks-about-his-latest-book-america-the-beautiful.html

I watched Dr. Carson's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast.   I liked his point that it is a good idea for physicians, engineers, scientists and others who are trained to make decisions based on facts rather than emotion to get involved in the politics and lead our country.   We need to have folks other than lawyers making decisions for this country. 

Attorneys are trained to appeal to emotion and often involved in theater to sharpen their skills.  Engineers, doctors and scientists are taught to do research and look the numbers.
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"A rising tide lifts all the boats." ~ President John F. Kennedy

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2013, 01:14:28 PM »

Well FF, the half black part didn't faze me one way or the other. I'm a content of a person's character guy who also focuses on policies. IMO Obama comes up exeedingly short on both counts.

On the other hand I'm a big fan of the black Senator Tim Scott from "South Carolina". So where do you go from there FF?

My guess is you are considerably less than a fan of Senator Scott, so should I assume you yourself are a racist?
LOL...first you mentioned his race and then chose "comes up short"...I'm getting a sense of what bothers you most.  ;D

Well Sammy I don't assume FF is a racist. What I do believe is he is completely blind progressive partisan that is of the mindset that slandering his opponents is OK on the basis that the ends justify the means. 

Well I now know at least you're reading my posts.

Seeding the posts and watching what grows can be entertaining.  :D
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »

Who knew Obamacare was bad for workers? Unions, or rather the professional class of union leaders, were vehement supporters of Obamacare’s federal takeover of health care. Now that they’ve had a chance to actually read the 2,801-page bill and “find out what is in it,” they are upset and want out.

Major unions like the AFL-CIO and the Teamsters are now demanding that they be allowed to stay on their current health care plans and receive government subsidies to cover the increased costs some of Obamacare’s provisions will impose on lower-income workers

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/17/clancy-labor-unions-pushed-obamacare-through-want-/#ixzz2LMaabcYY

"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »

From the LA times:

WASHINGTON — Less than a year before Americans will be required to have insurance under President Obama's healthcare law, many of its backers are growing increasingly anxious that premiums could jump, driven up by the legislation itself.

Higher premiums could undermine a core promise of the Affordable Care Act: to make basic health protections available to all Americans for the first time. Major rate increases also threaten to cause a backlash just as the law is supposed to deliver many key benefits Obama promised when he signed it in 2010.

"The single biggest issue we face now is affordability," said Jill Zorn, senior program officer at the Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut, a consumer advocacy group that championed the new law.

The healthcare law also includes a new tax and new fees on insurance companies that the industry says it will pass on to consumers.

Oregon's insurance commissioner, another supporter of the law, said new regulations could push up premiums for young customers by as much as 30% next year. He urged administration officials to slow enactment of the new rules.

LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-insurance-costs-20130218,0,1731504.story

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »

Who knew Obamacare was bad for workers? Unions, or rather the professional class of union leaders, were vehement supporters of Obamacare’s federal takeover of health care. Now that they’ve had a chance to actually read the 2,801-page bill and “find out what is in it,” they are upset and want out.

Major unions like the AFL-CIO and the Teamsters are now demanding that they be allowed to stay on their current health care plans and receive government subsidies to cover the increased costs some of Obamacare’s provisions will impose on lower-income workers

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/17/clancy-labor-unions-pushed-obamacare-through-want-/#ixzz2LMaabcYY

They made their bed.  Now they can lay in it.

Life's a b**ch.
Annoy a liberal.  Buy a gun!

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »

I have a question.

Who the hell was stupid enough to re-elect this joker?

THAT worries me more than any crooked politician.

Well, not speaking of individuals, but the Monroe Evening News endorsed him. They said he earned it. Mentioned his health care program as if was beneficial. Haven't heard a peep from them as this unfolding cluster Fruck unfolds.   
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:52 PM »

Don't be shocked when obama grants unions a waiver just like he has for all his other cronies.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »

Don't be shocked when obama grants unions a waiver just like he has for all his other cronies.

Well Blue the whole idea behind Obama-nightmare is to crash the private health insurance market. Once accomplished, they will bash the greedy bastard insurance companies and come riding in with national health care as the savior. The result will be the folks begging the arsonist for assistance in putting out the fire.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:50:57 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 195   Go Up